There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Prospect Watch: Senior Bowl 2010 GameDay Thread

• KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
You guys do realize that there is not a lot of stock put into this game from scouts, coaches and GM's. The week of practice is more important.

A couple of ridiculous comments I'm seeing :

-Iupati in the 2nd/No to Iupati

-Graham working himself into the top 10

And FWIW before you go and type up your next mock after this game, Scot looks for OLB's for the 3-4 being at least 6"4 240 lbs. Graham lacks the prototypical height so do not be surprised if we don't take him. His lack of ideal height for a 3-4 OLB is what will likely cause him to go no higher than the 20-30 range overall.
Originally posted by mayo63:
There goes Graham again.

He's been really disruptive, even when he doesn't get a sack.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
There goes Graham again.

He is destroying the NFL dreams of many LT's for the South Team today!
Originally posted by KRS-1:
You guys do realize that there is not a lot of stock put into this game from scouts, coaches and GM's. The week of practice is more important.

And FWIW before you go and type up your next mock after this game, Scot looks for OLB's for the 3-4 being at least 6"4 240 lbs. Graham lacks the prototypical height so do not be surprised if we don't take him. His lack of ideal height for a 3-4 OLB is what will likely cause him to go no higher than the 20-30 range overall.

Yep. Not tall enough and short arms.

But he's got great speed and a nonstop motor. And Haralson is about the same size, but not as fast.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
There goes Graham again.

Yeah, he's been real close on at least the last 5 plays.

good. I can think of one cat who got drafted later because he was short and led the NFL in sacks this year. Pick him at 17.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Graham reminds me of Freeney. Doesn't have the measurables, but just gets to the Qb.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Jan 30, 2010 at 4:06 PM ]
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

Yep. Not tall enough and short arms.

But he's got great speed and a nonstop motor. And Haralson is about the same size, but not as fast.

He looks really good but again the game doesn't do as much as people seem to think judging by some of the comments I'm reading. Short arms and lack of ideal height tends to scare teams, however I think he will still be a successful NFL player.

Haralson was also drafted when Nolan was the GM and in the middle rounds so less of a gamble on a player who lacks prototypical measurables.
4 things I have to say about the game.

-Tebow is a horrible QB
-gilyard is a playmaker
-arenas is a playmaker (draft either one)
-Tebow makes me angry watching him, he's so bad.
I'd still draft Javier Arenas. He has great return skills and would make a good Nickel CB. I could see using him like Antoine Winfield in Minnesota.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

good. I can think of one cat who got drafted later because he was short and led the NFL in sacks this year. Pick him at 17.

That dude was 5"11 IIRC but again Scot said it himself last year that he looks for OLB's to be at least 6"4 so that lack of ideal height should make you think twice when penciling him for us at 16/17.

Mays makes a single interception and all is forgiven. What about the full year of poor play? One play makes it all better?
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Graham wins the MVP.
Graham, MVP.

GRAHAM FOR 13!!!!