There are 173 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: Senior Bowl 2010 GameDay Thread

Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Brandon Graham is playing himself into the Top 10. Kid is a beast.

Yeah, whats up with Mayock calling him a a late 1st early 2nd rounder?!? I like Graham better than any of the DE/OLBs, save Orakpo, who went in the 1st last year.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by alburns:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by krizay:
Iupati doesn't look comfortable on the right side at all.

Best performers of the first half:
DE Graham, Sheffield
RB Blount
DT Odrick, Atkins, Williams, Thomas (commanding double-teams, pushing the OL back in the pocket almost every play)
WR Gilyard, J.Williams
TE Peek

Worst performers of the first half:
WR R.Cooper
DE Selvie (not agile, not strong)
OT Wang, Young, Capers
DT Houston
SS Asante
OG Iupati (let's be honest, I didn't see him get beat once at LG and he was fine run-blocking, but at RG and in pass-pro he has struggled.)

he was at LG on the sack he gave up.

Unless he's given up two sacks, he was at RG, and was beaten by Geno Atkins on the play.

He was definitely at RG during the sack.

He was stood up on the 4th and 1 play. I don't know, but if this gets much worse, he may fall out of the 1st round

This could be a blessing in disguise for us. Larry Allen was drafted in the 2nd round too.

agreed, though you think he could fall to mid 2nd?

Maybe its just me, but he has not impressed today, on the right or the left side. Holding, beaten for a sack, stood up and pushed back. And he doesn't seem very motivated or competitive. Seems like theres a reason he played OG and not OT at Idaho.

Doesn't look like the OL prospect for the Niners is on the field today.

No to this kid IMO. Jerry looks like a much better guard.

Jerry in the 4th would make me very happy

His ability to play tackle will make him not last past the second IMO. He player RT when Oher was thier LT.
One other guy looking for redemption today and making a good showing.........LeGarrett Blount. If he has a good Combine, he could have worked himself back into the middle round mix.

DE Graham, Sheffield
RB Blount
DT Odrick, Atkins, Williams, Thomas (commanding double-teams, pushing the OL back in the pocket almost every play)
WR Gilyard, J.Williams
TE Peek

WR R.Cooper
OT Wang, Young, Capers
DT Houston
SS Asante
OG Iupati (let's be honest, I didn't see him get beat once at LG and he was fine run-blocking, but at RG and in pass-pro he has struggled.)

Unless he's given up two sacks, he was at RG, and was beaten by Geno Atkins on the play.

He was stood up on the 4th and 1 play. I don't know, but if this gets much worse, he may fall out of the 1st round

This could be a blessing in disguise for us. Larry Allen was drafted in the 2nd round too.

Maybe its just me, but he has not impressed today, on the right or the left side. Holding, beaten for a sack, stood up and pushed back. And he doesn't seem very motivated or competitive. Seems like theres a reason he played OG and not OT at Idaho.

His ability to play tackle will make him not last past the second IMO. He player RT when Oher was thier LT.

He played RT in college, I don't think he will go to the outside in the NFL.

DE Graham, Sheffield
RB Blount
WR Gilyard, J.Williams
TE Peek

WR R.Cooper
OT Wang, Young, Capers
DT Houston
SS Asante

No he won't but he can. That adds versatility as long as he does it well. If Snyder was better he would be a huge asset but he is only adequate at G and RT. Jerry would be an instant upgrade.

DE Graham, Sheffield
RB Blount
WR Gilyard, J.Williams
TE Peek

WR R.Cooper
OT Wang, Young, Capers
DT Houston
SS Asante

I think Ciron Black will be an OG.
Jerry looks like a 3rd rounder who could sneak into the 2nd, pending the combine.

Ducasse hasn't faired much better than Iupati either. I've seen him beaten by a simple spin move on a number of occasions. When he can mirror the defender, he does a decent job at tackle. His versatility and smooth movement make him a solid 2nd rounder.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Iupati's not moving his feet.
Originally posted by mayo63:

And this is coachable. He just keeps trying to reach for people. He needs work, but he needs a good OL coach to get him to reach that full potential.

In regards to the last play: And that is what scares me about McCluster. His strength and ability to hang onto the ball when being hit by NFL defenders.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 30, 2010 at 3:21 PM ]

DE Graham, Sheffield
RB Blount
WR Gilyard, J.Williams
TE Peek

WR R.Cooper
OT Wang, Young, Capers
DT Houston
SS Asante

No he won't but he can. That adds versatility as long as he does it well. If Snyder was better he would be a huge asset but he is only adequate at G and RT. Jerry would be an instant upgrade.

At OG yes....at OT I doubt he would be any better.

With Iupati looking like a 2nd rounder now and the other guys who will be graded as 2nd rounders...Jerry will fall. Hes rated 6ish out of all OG's, that many OG's wont be drafted in 2 rounds.

Originally posted by mayo63:

Yeah. Against top talent he isn't fairing well. No thanks to him.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Brandon Graham is playing himself into the Top 10. Kid is a beast.

Yeah, whats up with Mayock calling him a a late 1st early 2nd rounder?!? I like Graham better than any of the DE/OLBs, save Orakpo, who went in the 1st last year.

His stock will rise. I think he will be a top ten pick. If not we need to take him with our first pick. Him and Brooks would tear s**t up.
Oh my, what an outstanding adjustment by Gilyard. Not to rub it in, but I called this.

Told you he'd get it together by game-time.
Originally posted by PTulini:

DE Graham, Sheffield
RB Blount
WR Gilyard, J.Williams
TE Peek

WR R.Cooper
OT Wang, Young, Capers
DT Houston
SS Asante

I think Ciron Black will be an OG.

I agree. I think he will be a very good guard. Good feet and lateral quickness for a guard and he has power.
Gilyard baby!!! He can stretch the field.
Share 49ersWebzone