LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: Senior Bowl 2010 GameDay Thread

Originally posted by mayo63:
Graham MVP?

Yep
Arenas breaks a tackle and almost takes the PR to the house.
Originally posted by alburns:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by krizay:
Iupati doesn't look comfortable on the right side at all.

Best performers of the first half:
DE Graham, Sheffield
RB Blount
DT Odrick, Atkins, Williams, Thomas (commanding double-teams, pushing the OL back in the pocket almost every play)
WR Gilyard, J.Williams
TE Peek

Worst performers of the first half:
WR R.Cooper
DE Selvie (not agile, not strong)
OT Wang, Young, Capers
DT Houston
SS Asante
OG Iupati (let's be honest, I didn't see him get beat once at LG and he was fine run-blocking, but at RG and in pass-pro he has struggled.)

he was at LG on the sack he gave up.

Unless he's given up two sacks, he was at RG, and was beaten by Geno Atkins on the play.

He was definitely at RG during the sack.

He was stood up on the 4th and 1 play. I don't know, but if this gets much worse, he may fall out of the 1st round

He had a chip block and then helped contain Dan Williams. I wouldn't say he got stood up.

Javier Arenas got caught from behind by the punter

DE Graham, Sheffield
RB Blount
DT Odrick, Atkins, Williams, Thomas (commanding double-teams, pushing the OL back in the pocket almost every play)
WR Gilyard, J.Williams
TE Peek

WR R.Cooper
OT Wang, Young, Capers
DT Houston
SS Asante
OG Iupati (let's be honest, I didn't see him get beat once at LG and he was fine run-blocking, but at RG and in pass-pro he has struggled.)

Unless he's given up two sacks, he was at RG, and was beaten by Geno Atkins on the play.

He was stood up on the 4th and 1 play. I don't know, but if this gets much worse, he may fall out of the 1st round

This could be a blessing in disguise for us. Larry Allen was drafted in the 2nd round too.

agreed, though you think he could fall to mid 2nd?

Hey, Allen was drafted 46th overall. So, maybe.
Arenas shows his punt returns skills in a big way. Penalty won't erase the fact that he shook a tackle and took one back 62 yards.
Brandon Graham is playing himself into the Top 10. Kid is a beast.

DE Graham, Sheffield
RB Blount
WR Gilyard, J.Williams
TE Peek

WR R.Cooper
OT Wang, Young, Capers
DT Houston
SS Asante

This could be a blessing in disguise for us. Larry Allen was drafted in the 2nd round too.

Maybe its just me, but he has not impressed today, on the right or the left side. Holding, beaten for a sack, stood up and pushed back. And he doesn't seem very motivated or competitive. Seems like theres a reason he played OG and not OT at Idaho.

Doesn't look like the OL prospect for the Niners is on the field today.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Brandon Graham is playing himself into the Top 10. Kid is a beast.

I'm thinking Miami.........
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
No way! I just saw a Taylor Mays INT! I thought he didn't have ballskills...

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I really wouldn't mind getting Taylor Mays. I mean, come on... He's gotta be an upgrade over Mark Roman![/quote]

I think that's our problem. Anyone is better than Roman ! we shouldn't just spend a 1st-Rounder on a shaky prospect like Taylor Mays who has questionable ball skills to become an upgrade from Mark Roman. We need an Eric Berry ballhawk type free safety for years to come.
that was sweet sack dance, the pat down!!

Originally posted by oldninerdude:

DE Graham, Sheffield
RB Blount
WR Gilyard, J.Williams
TE Peek

WR R.Cooper
OT Wang, Young, Capers
DT Houston
SS Asante

Maybe its just me, but he has not impressed today, on the right or the left side. Holding, beaten for a sack, stood up and pushed back. And he doesn't seem very motivated or competitive. Seems like theres a reason he played OG and not OT at Idaho.

No to this kid IMO. Jerry looks like a much better guard.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

DE Graham, Sheffield
RB Blount
WR Gilyard, J.Williams
TE Peek

WR R.Cooper
OT Wang, Young, Capers
DT Houston
SS Asante

No to this kid IMO. Jerry looks like a much better guard.

Jerry in the 4th would make me very happy

DE Graham, Sheffield
RB Blount
WR Gilyard, J.Williams
TE Peek

WR R.Cooper
OT Wang, Young, Capers
DT Houston
SS Asante

Trent Williams skipped out, Brian Bulaga and Anthony Davis are juniors who weren't eligible, and then Iupati kinda takes the pipe on the big stage.

It is only one day and the Niners will have enough info from the regular season to pick their man.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Arenas shows his punt returns skills in a big way. Penalty won't erase the fact that he shook a tackle and took one back 62 yards.

This from Matt Barrows...

Quote:
Matt Barrows: Javier Arenas has a 62 yard punt return called back on a penalty. I hope Kurt Schottenheimer was watching.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

DE Graham, Sheffield
RB Blount
WR Gilyard, J.Williams
TE Peek

WR R.Cooper
OT Wang, Young, Capers
DT Houston
SS Asante

Trent Williams skipped out, Brian Bulaga and Anthony Davis are juniors who weren't eligible, and then Iupati kinda takes the pipe on the big stage.

It is only one day and the Niners will have enough info from the regular season to pick their man.

at the very least, this performance will kill the hype on Iupati
[ Edited by alburns on Jan 30, 2010 at 3:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone