There are 157 users in the forums

Mel Kiper's 49ers needs?

• KNRO1670
  • Info N/A
Can anyone tell me what Mel Kiper had to say about the 49ers draft needs in today's ESPN.com post on "NFC Draft Needs"? Thanks!
San Francisco 49ers
Top needs: RT, G, DE, S, CB
First round (13, 16): Trent Williams, Earl Thomas
Second-round options (49): G Mike Iupati, DE Corey Wooton, S Morgan Burnett, CB Kyle Wilson
Third-round options (79): G Jon Asamoah, CB Syd'Quan Thompson, S Major Wright, DE Hall Davis, DE D.J. Wilson, OLB Rico McCoy
Summary: Some people will consider taking a RT at No. 13 a bit of a leap in terms of value, but Williams is an outstanding player that can strengthen you immediately. If the 49ers go with a guard, Iupati is a fantastic one, and the offensive line gets a lot better overnight. Thomas, as I said in the mock, covers a ton of ground and can help immediately. From there the Niners could try to get good value elsewhere in the secondary or look for a DE or even a pass-rushing OLB. I can also see San Francisco taking a later-rounds shot on a QB, but this team needs to focus on more glaring needs early on.
i agree with Kiper 100 percent
Needs: RT G DE S CB

rd 1 Trent Williams Earl Thomas
rd 2 Iupati Wooten Kyle Wilson Morgan Burnett

Second-round options (49): G Mike Iupati, DE Corey Wooton, S Morgan Burnett, CB Kyle Wilson
Third-round options (79): G Jon Asamoah, CB Syd'Quan Thompson, S Major Wright, DE Hall Davis, DE D.J. Wilson, OLB Rico McCoy

Summary: Some people will consider taking a RT at No. 13 a bit of a leap in terms of value, but Williams is an outstanding player that can strengthen you immediately. If the 49ers go with a guard, Iupati is a fantastic one, and the offensive line gets a lot better overnight. Thomas, as I said in the mock, covers a ton of ground and can help immediately. From there the Niners could try to get good value elsewhere in the secondary or look for a DE or even a pass-rushing OLB. I can also see San Francisco taking a later-rounds shot on a QB, but this team needs to focus on more glaring needs early on.
Kyle Wilson would be a nice pickup in the 2nd round with the way he is performing at the Senior Bowl.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Kyle Wilson would be a nice pickup in the 2nd round with the way he is performing at the Senior Bowl.

I'd rather take perrish cox rather than kyle wilson.
But there's no way Iupati survives the 1st right?

We may need to take Trent and Iupati with our 1st round picks.
Earl Thomas was the one who blew the coverage on Crabtree in the famous catch against #1 Texas.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
But there's no way Iupati survives the 1st right?

We may need to take Trent and Iupati with our 1st round picks.

Yeah.

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Earl Thomas was the one who blew the coverage on Crabtree in the famous catch against #1 Texas.

Actually I think that was Gideon that blew that play. He at least missed the tackle.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Iupati won't make it to the 2nd. Kyle Wilson is having such a strong performance at the SR Bowl that I don't think he makes it to the 2nd either.
Originally posted by valrod33:
San Francisco 49ers

from what ive seen and heard, Asamoah will not be their at 79, and will be a 2nd rd pick.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
San Francisco 49ers

from what ive seen and heard, Asamoah will not be their at 79, and will be a 2nd rd pick.

So who would that force down the charts that may be of value to the 49ers?
Originally posted by NinerForLife:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
San Francisco 49ers

So who would that force down the charts that may be of value to the 49ers?

I still see Mitch Petrus as a potential 3rd rd pick, maybe John Jerry or Zane Beadles from Utah.
Share 49ersWebzone