playmaker/return man
best OG.
Good speed CB in the 2nd
great value OT in the 3rd.
Great SS prospect as well in the 4th.

Awesome job Tico.

Completely agree.
Originally posted by Butter:
Waiting for a RT until later Rds is completely contingent on Tony Pashos IMHO. If he resigns, and can come back and live up to his potential I can see it. The Niners have got to find a legit RT this year though, no questions asked.

Pahos and Potential? LOL....no way dude....there is a reason why he was cut and we picked him up to be a BACKUP...dudes potential wasted away 2 years ago. When he got on the field with us, he actually did horrible. Do not bank on Pashos....he is strictly relegated to backup status.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by Butter:
Waiting for a RT until later Rds is completely contingent on Tony Pashos IMHO. If he resigns, and can come back and live up to his potential I can see it. The Niners have got to find a legit RT this year though, no questions asked.

Pahos and Potential? LOL....no way dude....there is a reason why he was cut and we picked him up to be a BACKUP...dudes potential wasted away 2 years ago. When he got on the field with us, he actually did horrible. Do not bank on Pashos....he is strictly relegated to backup status.

Dude, how are you? Been a while. So are you as excited about this draft, like I am. I can't believe how good we can have it this year. A year where we have ROT and RS options, our two top priorities. Then add talented depth in the OL, secondary and LBs to provide the coaches some new pieces to our NFC West Division Championship team.

How's that for a how do you do?

guys, can anyone explain me, why mccoy leads mayock's DT top5-list?
Originally posted by communist:
guys, can anyone explain me, why mccoy leads mayock's DT top5-list?

mccoy is a beast and has been his whole career at oklahoma. if he came out last yr he wouldve been a top 3 pick. yes suh had the better yr this yr but you cant go wrong with mccoy. but anyways the 1st 3 picks are awesome in this mock draft
boy i hope we land spiller because for some reason i feel that seatle and b***h ass carrol will stop at nothing for him #14 epecially if he kill it in the combine
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ninertico:

Round 1 CJ. Spiller
Round 1 M. Iupati
Round 2 K. Wilson
Round 3 K. Calloway, OT—We land our starting RT here, what value!
Round 4 K. Chancellor, SS—Will be our next M. Lewis, will play ST
Round 5 B. Carter, OG—Someone to mold and provide great depth—I like this kid
Round 6 B. Sharpe, DE/OLB—Depth and ST
Round 7 K. Weston, NT—Depth and development

I like the Niners picks but I don't think McC will draft Iupati in the first. Iupati can't play RT and we know how McC feels about the value of guards. Calloway would be a good addition to the team. I love the Kyle Wilson pick. I think he may be the best CB out there but since he plays for a small school he's very underrated. He's having an incredible Senior Bowl so he might move up to the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd. I think the rest of the mock is pretty good, though I really think Denver grabs McClain. OTOH they'll be faced with a tough decision if Bryant is there when they pick, so I could see them going that way too.
Originally posted by smileyman:

Round 1 CJ. Spiller
Round 1 M. Iupati
Round 2 K. Wilson

I like the Niners picks but I don't think McC will draft Iupati in the first. Iupati can't play RT and we know how McC feels about the value of guards. Calloway would be a good addition to the team. I love the Kyle Wilson pick. I think he may be the best CB out there but since he plays for a small school he's very underrated. He's having an incredible Senior Bowl so he might move up to the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd. I think the rest of the mock is pretty good, though I really think Denver grabs McClain. OTOH they'll be faced with a tough decision if Bryant is there when they pick, so I could see them going that way too.

Thanks for the feedback.

But as far as Iupati,

Who said he can't play ROT. He was having difficulty at LOT, but was moved to ROT and did much better. In fact, he took care of a dominant player in Arkansas State's Alex Carrington who gave him fits on the left side.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by smileyman:

Round 1 CJ. Spiller
Round 1 M. Iupati
Round 2 K. Wilson

Thanks for the feedback.

But as far as Iupati,

Who said he can't play ROT. He was having difficulty at LOT, but was moved to ROT and did much better. In fact, he took care of a dominant player in Arkansas State's Alex Carrington who gave him fits on the left side.

But if we draft him to play RT then why are we getting Calloway?

I like the picks but i doubt that Scott will wait until the 3rd round to take an OT, so it woild come down to#13 pick OT and spiller and Iupati with 17 pick

I wanted to bring back my second mock I did back in January as I see mocks now that resemble it. Given the recent fluctuations in positioning, I made only two changes with one in the second round and the other in the seventh. Otherwise, it is basically the same. Let me know what you guys think...I didn't want to create another thread just for this Mock, but it is my pre-Combine one for sure.

13 CJ Spiller, RB—Same
This pick stays the same as my original for now. The other picks here could be Haden, Bulaga, and McClain if they fall. Spiller is the TD maker, not playmaker. When did we have one of those? Someone who could take it to the house each time they touch it. He’s so elusive, quick and fast while being able to stop on a dime and make players miss. He can play RB/WR/KR/PR where the last two gives us so many advantages with field position, a ploy Coach S loves to use.

16/17 M. Iupati, OT/OG—Same
This pick also stays the same. He will be viewed as a versatile OL who can play G and T. Right now, he’s slated as an OL. When camp begins, Solari and Brown will know where to place him. He’s a mauler with great feet and long arms with strong hands, perfect for the mix-scheme with Zone we will use. He’s the best OL on the board so far more talented than any OL in the next rounds. At best, he becomes our RT and plays well there. At worse, he stays at LOG and becomes a Pro-Bowler. I like those odds. Yes, I am exaggerating. Others at this point: T. Williams, B. Graham, or D. Williams.

2nd Round D. McCourty, CB—Different
Kyle Wilson will be long gone by then as he’s moving quickly up the boards. Now, I still think this pick will be for the secondary who can contribute immediately in ST so McCourty it is. He’s a ST gunner and can immediately fight for the nickle and dime packages. He may not even be here when we pick, but we would definitely be sitting pretty in ST if he is. Others here: C. Jones, J. Hughes, B. Cox, K. Jackson, V. Ducasse, R. Sapp, and even Mt. Cody.

Round 3 K. Calloway, OT—Same
I think this round we land our starting RT because we will have some to choose from in Calloway, Veldheer, Saffold and maybe Fox. I remember so many mentioning and believing that the first round OTs are for LTs and not RTs. That depends on who you talk to. We land a pro-bowl caliber OG and now take an experienced RT who happens to play in the Zone scheme at Iowa. Wow, two OLs who are maulers with great feet to handle the movement of Zone, BONUS!!!! Solari and Brown are going to be besides themselves!

Round 4 K. Chancellor, SS—Same
Man, this draft is full of BIG safeties! I loved the way he played in the Shrine game and he had some hits that made you say “Wooooooooooo!” He would be able to learn from Lewis and immediately impact the STs. He also played ST at V. Tech. Again, McC gets great value and keeps getting bigger! He loves his fourth round safeties.

Round 5 B. Carter, OG—Same
- EAST-WEST SHRINE RISERS: OG Brandon Carter, Texas Tech: His 6-5, 326-pound is formidable, as are his all-over body tattoos, but Carter's strength and relatively quick feet (for his size) were as good live as they appeared on film. His strong punch off the snap will impress offensive line coaches, and he is able to get out to the second level.--Rob Lang Another mauler with quick feet. See a pattern? Again, McC goes super size and it gives us incredible depth while allowing Baas to walk next year. See ya! Oh, did I say he handle Suh during the season, too?

Round 6 B. Sharpe, DE/OLB—Same
Another tweener flying under the radar. Well, that’s because he’s a one-year wonder. He replaced Brandon Williams and did well as a JUCO transfer. He will provide some more bodies for ST and if he can’t cut it, he will go to PS for more development.

Round 7 T. Ivey, DT/NT—Different
Here we land a developmental player at NT at 340, 6’-4”. He will become a PS player with the intention to bring him up slowly. Eh, it’s the seventh round for Pete’s sake.

Whatcha think?

[ Edited by ninertico on Feb 23, 2010 at 14:17:59 ]

I wanted to bring back my second mock I did back in January as I see mocks now that resemble it. Given the recent fluctuations in positioning, I made only two changes with one in the second round and the other in the seventh. Otherwise, it is basically the same. Let me know what you guys think...I didn't want to create another thread just for this Mock, but it is my pre-Combine one for sure.

13 CJ Spiller, RB—Same
This pick stays the same as my original for now. The other picks here could be Haden, Bulaga, and McClain if they fall. Spiller is the TD maker, not playmaker. When did we have one of those? Someone who could take it to the house each time they touch it. He’s so elusive, quick and fast while being able to stop on a dime and make players miss. He can play RB/WR/KR/PR where the last two gives us so many advantages with field position, a ploy Coach S loves to use.

This pick also stays the same. He will be viewed as a versatile OL who can play G and T. Right now, he’s slated as an OL. When camp begins, Solari and Brown will know where to place him. He’s a mauler with great feet and long arms with strong hands, perfect for the mix-scheme with Zone we will use. He’s the best OL on the board so far more talented than any OL in the next rounds. At best, he becomes our RT and plays well there. At worse, he stays at LOG and becomes a Pro-Bowler. I like those odds. Yes, I am exaggerating. Others at this point: T. Williams, B. Graham, or D. Williams.

Kyle Wilson will be long gone by then as he’s moving quickly up the boards. Now, I still think this pick will be for the secondary who can contribute immediately in ST so McCourty it is. He’s a ST gunner and can immediately fight for the nickle and dime packages. He may not even be here when we pick, but we would definitely be sitting pretty in ST if he is. Others here: C. Jones, J. Hughes, B. Cox, K. Jackson, V. Ducasse, R. Sapp, and even Mt. Cody.

I think this round we land our starting RT because we will have some to choose from in Calloway, Veldheer, Saffold and maybe Fox. I remember so many mentioning and believing that the first round OTs are for LTs and not RTs. That depends on who you talk to. We land a pro-bowl caliber OG and now take an experienced RT who happens to play in the Zone scheme at Iowa. Wow, two OLs who are maulers with great feet to handle the movement of Zone, BONUS!!!! Solari and Brown are going to be besides themselves!

Man, this draft is full of BIG safeties! I loved the way he played in the Shrine game and he had some hits that made you say “Wooooooooooo!” He would be able to learn from Lewis and immediately impact the STs. He also played ST at V. Tech. Again, McC gets great value and keeps getting bigger! He loves his fourth round safeties.

- EAST-WEST SHRINE RISERS: OG Brandon Carter, Texas Tech: His 6-5, 326-pound is formidable, as are his all-over body tattoos, but Carter's strength and relatively quick feet (for his size) were as good live as they appeared on film. His strong punch off the snap will impress offensive line coaches, and he is able to get out to the second level.--Rob Lang Another mauler with quick feet. See a pattern? Again, McC goes super size and it gives us incredible depth while allowing Baas to walk next year. See ya! Oh, did I say he handle Suh during the season, too?

Another tweener flying under the radar. Well, that’s because he’s a one-year wonder. He replaced Brandon Williams and did well as a JUCO transfer. He will provide some more bodies for ST and if he can’t cut it, he will go to PS for more development.

Here we land a developmental player at NT at 340, 6’-4”. He will become a PS player with the intention to bring him up slowly. Eh, it’s the seventh round for Pete’s sake.

Whatcha think?

I like it... a lot!!

Write it down and run it up to the podium..

13 CJ Spiller, RB—Same

Whatcha think?

I like it. I am not sure of McCourty but I did like the Ivey pick.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

13 CJ Spiller, RB—Same

Whatcha think?

I like it... a lot!!

Write it down and run it up to the podium..

Hey man, I think it was you I saw with the question for Mr. Barrows today. Was that you?
Share 49ersWebzone