There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Strong Safety Options???

• Ether
  • Veteran
What round is Larry Asante out of Nebraska projected to be drafted in?
Myron Rolle baby!!!
I am official on the Kam Chancellor band wagon.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Now that is the kind of vicious SS I like. Reminds me of SS Tim McDonald in his prime.
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by ninertico:

Now that is the kind of vicious SS I like. Reminds me of SS Tim McDonald in his prime.

Can you imagine going across the middle with Goldson and Chancellor looking to knock you out? He might not have the best ball skills, but that guy can lay the lumber.

At 230lbs, he might be a little bit too big, but I still like him as a middle round pick.
CHAD JONES. He can probably play FS too, but he's 230 so I figure he'd be a SS right now. But he's got a ton of potential. He has skills guys.
FA may be a better option especially if we get a cat like Kerry Rhodes to come in.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'll stick to my guns and which is moving Goldson to SS and drafting Burnett, Thomas and Nate Allen. We need more of a ballhawk....centerfielder on our secondary. Dashon Goldson had a pretty good year, not solid, but good year at FS, but I think he would be better utilized at SS with his size and tackling ability. Who knows, Reggie Smith may even step up this year too.
I'm in the minority but I don't think S is a high priority. I firmly believe that the 49ers expect Reggie Smith to replace Lewis and I think theyre high on Curtis Taylor too.

If they draft one it will probably be in the 5-7 rds like Taylor last year, unless Eric Berry is staring at them at #13.
Berry Church or Myron Rolle
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
CHAD JONES. He can probably play FS too, but he's 230 so I figure he'd be a SS right now. But he's got a ton of potential. He has skills guys.

I think they need a SS upgrade, but I'm really hoping they don't go after a SS before the 4th Rd.

Maybe if they moved down from 13 and got and extra 2nd rd pick, they could go for one sooner?
I dont konw why, but i've been stuck on earl thomas. I think he's going to be something special. He just seems to have that quiet killer instinct about him. He doesn't have to say a lot, he just hits you in the mouth.

If we could get thomas, oh my. I would be so happy.

I dont know though if we have trent williams there too, that will be a tough decision. I think both of them could be good. If we take williams, I could see us getting rolle from florida state.

What's up with him though? did he not play this year? or they said he's making a return ? from what? did I miss something?
looking at the many injuries sustained by bob sanders and troy polomalu over the past 2 years makes me think twice before drafting an undersized safety... but i DO NOT WANT T.MAYS or K.CHANCELLOR
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
looking at the many injuries sustained by bob sanders and troy polomalu over the past 2 years makes me think twice before drafting an undersized safety... but i DO NOT WANT T.MAYS or K.CHANCELLOR

C'mon those injuries didn't happen or aren't cause of their height.
2) Chad Jones: 6-3 220 4.55
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home