LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Would Taylor Mays really be so bad?

No let the raiders have him...or bruce cambel both have bust written all over.
Originally posted by pd24:
With that size and speed he will be good. Him and Deshawn Goldson back there would be pretty scary.

They would be and we need a replacement for Lewis, but there's no way we spend #13 or #17 on a safety unless it's Berry.
  • evil
  • Veteran
With that size and speed he will be good. Him and Deshawn Goldson back there would be pretty scary.

I suggest you go back and watch some tape of him.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Do you think he would be better than Lewis at SS?
Originally posted by noobie:
4.24, seriously? wow....
wow he also benched 24 reps, this guy is a specimen. I would not mind drafting him with either pick, he seems to have the body to play in the nfl, coverage skills can be teached, but the potential is there.
s**t just ran 4.24 40 on his first run! Damn! Dude looks like a beast. He's got that look on his face that Cushing had last year! Damn this could make things interesting especially if he looks good i nthe other drills
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
wow he also benched 24 reps, this guy is a specimen. I would not mind drafting him with either pick, he seems to have the body to play in the nfl, coverage skills can be teached, but the potential is there.

They have been attempting to teached him coverage skills at USC but he never learneded how to do it.
Not to mention, Mays thought he took too many steps at the beginning of his run so he could run faster.
Hello Oakland!

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

They have been attempting to teached him coverage skills at USC but he never learneded how to do it.

!!! Cruel!
  • evil
  • Veteran

Do you think he would be better than Lewis at SS?

I think he would be best at LB'er on a 4-3 base team. Coverage skills for a DB are not very good.
pete carrol just got a boner, he gonna be a seahawk lol
  • cools
  • Veteran
Maybe we can draft him for our track team, but i'd rather have a playmaker at Saftey
Share 49ersWebzone