There are 185 users in the forums

Would Taylor Mays really be so bad?

lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
That just makes you question Taylor Mays decision to go back to school to help him boost his stock even more, but he only ended up hurting it.

He would have easily been a top 5-10 pick if he came out, but another year just showed how his athleticism didn't quite translate well to being a "football player"

His instincts suck, his routes on balls suck and he never wraps when he tackles only looking for the big hit that ends up being a shoulder bump.

I'm sorry if we decide to use our 13 or 17th pick - we use it on players who we know can immediately help out our team, not another liability who will end up hurting the franchise even more.

This is coming from a USC fan.
  • lynwood49ers
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
That just makes you question Taylor Mays decision to go back to school to help him boost his stock even more, but he only ended up hurting it.

He would have easily been a top 5-10 pick if he came out, but another year just showed how his athleticism didn't quite translate well to being a "football player"

His instincts suck, his routes on balls suck and he never wraps when he tackles only looking for the big hit that ends up being a shoulder bump.

I'm sorry if we decide to use our 13 or 17th pick - we use it on players who we know can immediately help out our team, not another liability who will end up hurting the franchise even more.

yea it did get merged.Like i said all the players in the first round have a chance of being a bust. they all have the same chance i can bet anything that out of the top maybe a few of those players even turn out to be a top tier nfl star...id rather take my chances with a guy that has a great amount of talent.
[ Edited by lynwood49ers on Apr 14, 2010 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by lynwood49ers:
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:

yea it did get merged.Like i said all the players in the first round have a chance of being a bust. they all have the same chance i can bet anything that out of the top maybe a few of those players even turn out to be a top tier nfl star...id rather take my chances with a guy that has a great amount of talent.
I read the cowboys are kinda interested in Taylors Mays and Golden Tate. Damn a cowboys! if cowboys are smart to draft with them both? i just worrying about it.. i hate a cowboys!! go 49ers mofo!
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I'd be there first to buy a Mays jersey. He is the Vernon Davis of Safeties and will take a few years to learn the game while he plays average. He'll start within his first year.
I really don't want Taylor Mays. In the NFL today, safeties are supposed to be corners with some tackling ability. Mays is a linebacker with a little bit of coverage ability. From what I've heard, he does not have fluid hips and doesn't rap up when he tackles. And, (this is the biggest concern of mine) he is arguably the most physically gifted player in the draft, but he flat out didn't make enough plays. He was supposed to be the best defensive player in the nation, and he didn't even come close to that. I don't like the physically gifted guys that don't produce. (I don't like Bruce Campbell either)
Polamalu is an outstanding form tackler, Mays is not.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 14, 2010 at 9:22 PM ]
  • lynwood49ers
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Polamalu is an outstanding form tackler, Mays is not.

I am talking about all the ball hawking instincts cause if u ask me polamalu wasnt but once he was in the nflhe sure was capable to do so... I feel Mays will do the same...He would be an excellent upgrade in our secondary...

Share 49ersWebzone