Niners Nation mock draft

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
You don't take a KR in the first round.

Spiller is far more than a KR/PR. He can catch it, he can run it. He can spell Gore and if (when) Gore gets injured again he'll do a much better job filling in than Coffee or M-Rob.

In three or four years when Gore's production drops off dramatically he'll be ready to step in and assume a full-time work load.

I believe we have bigger fish to fry than drafting a running back in the 1st round.

Who else would you grab there? A power RT will be available with our 1b. A great guard could be had in the 2nd. I could see grabbing Thomas there instead of Spiller, but that would mean Seattle would almost certainly draft Spiller because they need a RB

Exactly. Good teams run a 2 back system, and Spiller can also shift out to WR. He's a threat on so many different levels.
Teams only run a two back system when they dont have a soild #1 or have a RB that does not catch or pass block well (Gore does both well). Titans ran two backs, but then CJ became God and where did white go? Mendenhall split carries with Parker until he showed he had talent to be a 1 and Parker got almost no work. Only teams that run a two back system with a quality #1 are Dolphins and Panthers. Everyone does it out of necessity.
Spiller
ROT/OG
OG/ROT

Seems like a winner!

Even after my first mock with Spiller and Williams, I still like the idea of a ROT and Iupati while grabbing a RS in the second like Best. However, Spiller seems like a perfect fit for our needs especially at RS. Look at other first round talent used the same in Felix Jones, CJ, Harvin, and Bush.

Why not CJ Spiller?

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I love it Smileyman, absoultely love it.

Wouldnt mind either Asamoah or Mike Johnson at Guard.

And Spiller and Bulaga are good by me.

You don't take a KR in the first round.

Spiller is far more than a KR/PR. He can catch it, he can run it. He can spell Gore and if (when) Gore gets injured again he'll do a much better job filling in than Coffee or M-Rob.

In three or four years when Gore's production drops off dramatically he'll be ready to step in and assume a full-time work load.

I really hope ur right about Spiller, he'll b a great addition 2 the offense.