LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

GOING FOR TEBOW

Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by kunged:
i would be pissed if we drafted Tebow. Didnt we learn our lesson the last time we drafted an urban meyer qb?

but this guy isn't going to be a QB

Then why in the hell would we draft him?

sorry, was a poor attempt at a joke!

Playing on the fact he looks more like a FB!
McCloughan agrees NOT to draft Tebow at Senior Bowl

Quote:
Anyway, I rounded up a few writers (some I don't know well but should) and we had a nice meal ... and I proposed a pool for the nine people at the table. Throw $5 in the pool, and pick the team that drafts Tim Tebow. I proposed we do the order of the draft with those living farthest from Gainesville having the first pick, and here it went:

Mike Silver, Yahoo!Sports (Northern California) Jacksonville
Sam Farmer, L.A. Times (Southern California) St. Louis
Albert Breer, Boston Globe (Boston) Buffalo
Peter King, Sports Illustrated (Boston) San Francisco

Immediately upon hearing my pick, Silver sent the following text-message to San Francisco GM Scot McCloughan: "You can't pick Tebow. It has something to do with a pool, alcohol, and Peter King.'' A minute later, two letters came back from McCloughan: "ok.''
Come on! Stand up for your Tebow, Scot!

Jeff Duncan, New Orleans Times-Picayune (New Orleans) Miami
Angela Craig, girlfriend of Jeff (New Orleans) Denver
"You might be right,'' I said to Angela, who works for a technology company. "But why'd you pick Denver?''
"I'm from Denver!'' she said.
Alex Marvez, Foxsports.com (South Florida) Cleveland
Jeff Darlington, Miami Herald (South Florida) Tampa Bay
Jason Cole, Yahoo!Sports (Gainesville, Fla.) New England

And the crowd went "Ooooooooh,'' on Cole's pick of the Pats.
So someone's going to win $45 ... or some New Orleans cause is going to get a free $45 if it's another team. That's what we'll do with this pot if Tebow goes to any of the other 23 teams in the league.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
McCloughan agrees NOT to draft Tebow at Senior Bowl

Quote:
Anyway, I rounded up a few writers (some I don't know well but should) and we had a nice meal ... and I proposed a pool for the nine people at the table. Throw $5 in the pool, and pick the team that drafts Tim Tebow. I proposed we do the order of the draft with those living farthest from Gainesville having the first pick, and here it went:

Mike Silver, Yahoo!Sports (Northern California) Jacksonville
Sam Farmer, L.A. Times (Southern California) St. Louis
Albert Breer, Boston Globe (Boston) Buffalo
Peter King, Sports Illustrated (Boston) San Francisco

Immediately upon hearing my pick, Silver sent the following text-message to San Francisco GM Scot McCloughan: "You can't pick Tebow. It has something to do with a pool, alcohol, and Peter King.'' A minute later, two letters came back from McCloughan: "ok.''
Come on! Stand up for your Tebow, Scot!

Jeff Duncan, New Orleans Times-Picayune (New Orleans) Miami
Angela Craig, girlfriend of Jeff (New Orleans) Denver
"You might be right,'' I said to Angela, who works for a technology company. "But why'd you pick Denver?''
"I'm from Denver!'' she said.
Alex Marvez, Foxsports.com (South Florida) Cleveland
Jeff Darlington, Miami Herald (South Florida) Tampa Bay
Jason Cole, Yahoo!Sports (Gainesville, Fla.) New England

And the crowd went "Ooooooooh,'' on Cole's pick of the Pats.
So someone's going to win $45 ... or some New Orleans cause is going to get a free $45 if it's another team. That's what we'll do with this pot if Tebow goes to any of the other 23 teams in the league.

I hate Peter King! McCloughan better have been serious when he said no to drafting Tebow. If he does he will lose even more respect than he already has. SAY NO TO TEBOW!!!!
i would be pissed if we drafted Tebow. Didnt we learn our lesson the last time we drafted an urban meyer qb?

Dude.. u know who is Ben Roethlisberger from Pittsburgh. He is weight about 241 lbs.. dude.. He can threw it and got two champsionship.. duh.. I think, Tebow can talent to threw it like Ben Roethlisberger... Hello blind it...
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Dude.. u know who is Ben Roethlisberger from Pittsburgh. He is weight about 241 lbs.. dude.. He can threw it and got two champsionship.. duh.. I think, Tebow can talent to threw it like Ben Roethlisberger... Hello blind it...

These are the people who want the 49ers to draft Tebow...
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

You serious? I know who Roethlisberger is, and Tebow dreams he could throw like him!

Read the reviews of the senior bowl, Tebow can't take snaps from centre (at the moment), he is snapping fumbles, slow throwing action. I do not want a Urban Meyer project in the first or second, this draft is deep on impact players and I want them instead!
Share 49ersWebzone