LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 392 users in the forums

GOING FOR TEBOW

• smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
How about we wait till after the Senior Bowl.

Colt Brennan rings a bell to me.

-9fA

What about Colt Brennan?? Everyone bagged on him for his poor Sugar Bowl showing, but what happened when he had equal talent?? Everyone bagged on him being too small 190, which he was at the time, but he showed he was able to pack on weight at 215. Brennan had a far better showing in Preseason than Alex Smith had in his rookie season.

I like Colt Brennan. I live in Idaho so I see lots of MWC and WAC games and he was always fun to watch. He's third on the Redskins depth chart behind Campbell and Todd Collins. Campbell will probably be gone next season. Collins should be gone (after 15 seasons it's time for him to hang up his cleats). That should give Brennan a real chance at being the backup guy or maybe even #1, depending on what the 'Skins do with their draft.
This is going to be a tough sell for anyone. Let Jacksonville take him, develop him behind Garrard, and sell enough tickets to keep them viable. The Niners should pass.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Tebow is a better version of Michael Robinson. If you could get him in the 3rd round, great. Bring him in as a "slash" player. Let him run the Rayegun. Maybe find a place for him on special teams. Bring him along slowly and maybe he actually develops into a quality NFL QB... but that's a major long shot in my opinion.

I think he has real potential as a wildcat QB, and his intangibles are off the hook. But spend a first round pick on him? No way.
i would be pissed if we drafted Tebow. Didnt we learn our lesson the last time we drafted an urban meyer qb?
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
i would be pissed if we drafted Tebow. Didnt we learn our lesson the last time we drafted an urban meyer qb?

but this guy isn't going to be a QB
Yo, name me a college running QB that had to learn basic mechanics like Tebow and Vince Young that became successful and led their teams consistently deep into the playoffs. I can't think of any.

And this poster is considering using a 1st rounder on this project????? I'd use a 4th and that's as high as I would take him.

[ Edited by kronik on Jan 23, 2010 at 17:03:12 ]

this. high bust probability. too many things would have to go perfectly right (super dominant o-line etc) for him to have a any chance of sucess. probably will only do well in gimick plays/formations. Don't see a pure passer

[ Edited by alburns on Jan 23, 2010 at 19:00:45 ]
  • cw9er
  • Info N/A
Ha ha, I love these debates, like we really know what will happen with him. I heard Tony Dungy say he would take Tebow as the first QB. He actually does know a little bit
Originally posted by kunged:

Then why in the hell would we draft him?

Originally posted by blunt_probe:

This guy has to be one of the dumbest people alive!!! this is why red necks shouldn't have kids...

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jan 24, 2010 at 02:26:53 ]
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
How about we wait till after the Senior Bowl.

Colt Brennan rings a bell to me.

-9fA

What about Colt Brennan?? Everyone bagged on him for his poor Sugar Bowl showing, but what happened when he had equal talent?? Everyone bagged on him being too small 190, which he was at the time, but he showed he was able to pack on weight at 215. Brennan had a far better showing in Preseason than Alex Smith had in his rookie season.

I like Colt Brennan. I live in Idaho so I see lots of MWC and WAC games and he was always fun to watch. He's third on the Redskins depth chart behind Campbell and Todd Collins. Campbell will probably be gone next season. Collins should be gone (after 15 seasons it's time for him to hang up his cleats). That should give Brennan a real chance at being the backup guy or maybe even #1, depending on what the 'Skins do with their draft.

Brennan is going be a starter in the NFL
If you think Tebow can be an effective NFL quarterback, watch him throw a football, and then think about how much better NFL corners and safeties are than their college counterparts.

Tebow floats the ball around the field. I will happily eat my words if he turns into the next great thing, but I highly, highly doubt that will happen.
Originally posted by kunged:

Then why in the hell would we draft him?

Because Singletary wants winners - and Tebow is nothing if not that. If they take him in the first I'll lose my mind - but the third or fourth would be worth the gamble. I am sure he'll pan out better than some of our other BS middle round picks (Frank being the exclusion).
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

What was that???

Oh, and no on Tebow.
Share 49ersWebzone