There are 176 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

GOING FOR TEBOW

No seriously..

Im not going to write a 4 page intro to this, but it's worth a discussion. I'm NOT throwing out Alex Smith, or Nate, but sometimes i think that if Tebow makes it like his destiny would say, then it would be a tough pill to swallow knowing we didn't pick him up. It looks like he'll slide to us or past us for sure..

You can fix meccanics, but you can't teach attitude and character. For as much as i like Alex Smith, this is exactly what he's missing.. Just look at the greats.

Let Alex do his thing, and take Tebow to bring up slowly + an OL in the first round..
We've gone toooo long without a good QB to risk relying on Alex and Nate to bring home the bacon.

yey or ney?
we don't need to waste another draft pick on a player who really doesn't play a position a la Battle, MRob, etc.
Tebow's mechanics are raw, and his body language looks as if he's never thrown a ball in his life once he's structures himself within the pocket. -This guy is going to need a genius QB coach + 3 years of benching to be a starting QB in the NFL.
Ney
how old are you
Originally posted by RonMexico:
how old are you

4
Originally posted by tondiman:
No seriously..

Im not going to write a 4 page intro to this, but it's worth a discussion. I'm NOT throwing out Alex Smith, or Nate, but sometimes i think that if Tebow makes it like his destiny would say, then it would be a tough pill to swallow knowing we didn't pick him up. It looks like he'll slide to us or past us for sure..

You can fix meccanics, but you can't teach attitude and character. For as much as i like Alex Smith, this is exactly what he's missing.. Just look at the greats.

Let Alex do his thing, and take Tebow to bring up slowly + an OL in the first round..
We've gone toooo long without a good QB to risk relying on Alex and Nate to bring home the bacon.

yey or ney?

don't always listen to what they say in articles.
might as well bring crouch out of retirement because he was a heisman running qb who COULD throw but was not too NFL ready. He was a leader too, but that's not good enough. The most Tebow can hope for is Vince Young type of play....good runner and ok passer at best.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
we don't need to waste another draft pick on a player who really doesn't play a position a la Battle, MRob, etc.
Tebow isn't going to play QB in the NFL. He'll probably play TE or FB or RB. Just like Michael Robinson.
How about we wait till after the Senior Bowl.

Colt Brennan rings a bell to me.

-9fA
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,654
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
How about we wait till after the Senior Bowl.

Colt Brennan rings a bell to me.

-9fA

What about Colt Brennan?? Everyone bagged on him for his poor Sugar Bowl showing, but what happened when he had equal talent?? Everyone bagged on him being too small 190, which he was at the time, but he showed he was able to pack on weight at 215. Brennan had a far better showing in Preseason than Alex Smith had in his rookie season.
Originally posted by tondiman:
No seriously..

Im not going to write a 4 page intro to this, but it's worth a discussion. I'm NOT throwing out Alex Smith, or Nate, but sometimes i think that if Tebow makes it like his destiny would say, then it would be a tough pill to swallow knowing we didn't pick him up. It looks like he'll slide to us or past us for sure..

You can fix meccanics, but you can't teach attitude and character. For as much as i like Alex Smith, this is exactly what he's missing.. Just look at the greats.

Let Alex do his thing, and take Tebow to bring up slowly + an OL in the first round..
We've gone toooo long without a good QB to risk relying on Alex and Nate to bring home the bacon.

yey or ney?

Thanks but no thanks
Its funny how alot of people were baggin on Sanchez last year saying he couldnt play at this level, it was the supperior talent he played with at usc. I even remember one veteran poster on here saying he has a major throwing flaw and it will be revealed. Uh what happened? looks like hes doing pretty well for a rookie. Problem is none of us are scouts even though some think they are. I think the leadership quality is a huge must have at qb. Name one top qb who is not the leader of there team. Its that quality that pushes players to be great not just good. YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2006 22 33 358 66.7 10.85 55 5 1 0 201.73
2007 234 350 3286 66.9 9.39 66 32 6 13 172.47
2008 192 298 2746 64.4 9.22 70 30 4 15 172.37
2009 213 314 2895 67.8 9.22 80 21 5 29 164.17
Who says he cant pass I say the stats say he can. I dont know if I would take him with the firs pick but would think about with the second.
...