There are 377 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kalen's Mock Offseason

Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
i love the signing of TO to mentor Crabtree... great idea!

Yes, because if there's one thing that TO is great at, it's being a team player.

T.O has gotten a bad rap over the years.

The Niner situation was blowing up when he arrived here and was destroyed when he left, and it wasn't because of him. He went to Philly and yeah he might have thrown McNabb under the bus but Owens still went out and busted his balls. McNabb had his best year as a pro when T.O was there. T.O broke his ankle and hobbled his way to the Super Bowl and still played his heart out.

He wasn't the problem in that Dallas locker room, and again he gave a QB his best years. Romo's stats with Owens were far better than any previous years, except for this one.

He's been quiet as a church mouse in Buffalo.

I think we could sign him for the same price that we paid Brandon Jones and I guarantee you he'll catch more than 1 pass in a season.

Say what you want about him but the man loves to play the game and he plays all out every single snap.

Thank You. I don't see the harm in a 1 year deal like he got in Buffalo. Worst case scenario is he starts acting up and then we can dump him. If he acts like he did last year, we would be getting a HUGE upgrade over Josh Morgan (who is over rated)
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
i love the signing of TO to mentor Crabtree... great idea!

Yes, because if there's one thing that TO is great at, it's being a team player.

T.O has gotten a bad rap over the years.

The Niner situation was blowing up when he arrived here and was destroyed when he left, and it wasn't because of him. He went to Philly and yeah he might have thrown McNabb under the bus but Owens still went out and busted his balls. McNabb had his best year as a pro when T.O was there. T.O broke his ankle and hobbled his way to the Super Bowl and still played his heart out.

He wasn't the problem in that Dallas locker room, and again he gave a QB his best years. Romo's stats with Owens were far better than any previous years, except for this one.

He's been quiet as a church mouse in Buffalo.

I think we could sign him for the same price that we paid Brandon Jones and I guarantee you he'll catch more than 1 pass in a season.

Say what you want about him but the man loves to play the game and he plays all out every single snap.

Just say NO to T. O.
The key to bringing back Owens is being honest with him. You're the 3rd option in a balanced attack. Take it or leave it.

If he accepts the role then I'm fine with it.
  • saeniner
  • Info N/A
trent williams and Iupati in the first would be MONEY. Theres no such thing as overkill when it comes to having talent in the trenches. IIRC the jets drafted D,brickashaw and mangold in the same draft and now their o-line is one of the best in the NFL.

But as for TO, nahhhh. Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis are gonna be THE guys. No need to bring this guys attitude into the mix, he's a proven problem.
Originally posted by saeniner:
trent williams and Iupati in the first would be MONEY. Theres no such thing as overkill when it comes to having talent in the trenches. IIRC the jets drafted D,brickashaw and mangold in the same draft and now their o-line is one of the best in the NFL.

But as for TO, nahhhh. Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis are gonna be THE guys. No need to bring this guys attitude into the mix, he's a proven problem.

I dunno, i mean I like Crabtree and Davis as good options in the passing game but there's nothing after that. Josh Morgan is maybe a #3 receiver. Walker is a solid #2 TE. Owens still has really good speed and can make big plays. I understand all the concerns around Owens but a 1 year contract isn't a big deal.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
TO was fine in Buffalo. I don't see the harm in giving him a contract like Buffalo did.

I'll describe the signing of TO as this. My mother went through chemotherapy and radiation treatment for cancer years ago and it went into remission. 9 years later it
came back, and she said she rather die than go through chemo again. I supported her decision to forego any further treatment, and she ultimately passed away.

Foregoing that treatment was better for her. That's kind of how I feel about TO

[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Jan 23, 2010 at 09:54:53 ]
That would be a good mock. Williams scares me and I'd hope that trade was for Brandon Graham instead, but I can't really complain with a pass rusher, RT, LG, and a speed back.
No to TO and No to trading draft picks to move up for Jerry Hughes.

Why would the Niners intentionally trade to pay for three first round picks? They have the money now, but what happens if they all become studs down the road? That would create a financial mess when they all become potential free agents.

Those two draft picks could be the additonal CB and S that solidifies our secondary or even Hughes if he is still available.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Why would the Niners intentionally trade to pay for three first round picks? They have the money now, but what happens if they all become studs down the road? That would create a financial mess when they all become potential free agents.

Those two draft picks could be the additonal CB and S that solidifies our secondary or even Hughes if he is still available.

hahaha yeah that would suck if we drafted 3 good players wouldn't it!

And I am in the minority here but i like our secondary. Goldson is getting better, Lewis is still good. We are getting Clements back and possibly Walt Harris too. Plus we have talented guys here with Spencer, Bly and Tarrell Brown.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

And I am in the minority here but i like our secondary. Goldson is getting better, Lewis is still good. We are getting Clements back and possibly Walt Harris too. Plus we have talented guys here with Spencer, Bly and Tarrell Brown.

We need a good safety. Other than that I think our secondary is pretty good.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

hahaha yeah that would suck if we drafted 3 good players wouldn't it!

I like our secondary too, but they aren't all first round picks either. Three were free agents (Harris, M. Lewis and Clements), one was a 2nd round pick (Spencer), one was a fourth round pick (Goldson), and one was a 5th round pick (T. Brown). Picking good players isn't limited to round 1.