There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kalen's Mock Offseason

Franchise Tag - Aubrayo Franklin

Free Agency
Terrell Owens - Owens I believe still has some good game left in him. Has obvious character concerns but i like the way he handled himself in that disastrous Buffalo situation (OC fired before season, starting QB gets hurt, HC fired mid-season, has Ryan Fitzpatrick behind a make shift O-Line throwing him the ball) and we still didn't hear a peep out of him. Still managed a respectable 830 Yards and 5 TD's despite everything that went down there. Didn't he also mention he'd like to return to SF?

Draft
Round 1 - Pick 13 - Trent Williams OT - We all know how horrible this OL is. Time to seriously put effort into fixing it up, getting Solari is a good start. Now we add the best available OT to lock down the RT position.

Round 1 - Pick 16/17 - Mike Iupati OG - Going over board with OL? Perhaps, but it kills me watching Alex have to run for his life the second he gets the ball, while numerous other QB's seem to have all day back there.

Trade!
Round 2 pick + Round 4 pick to move up and grab Jerry Hughes OLB/DE - I know we ranked pretty high in the NFL in sacks but it still seems like getting pressure was a problem last season. I don't exactly like the idea of Parys or Ahmad Brooks starting. I would love to see a LB set of - Lawson...Willis...Spikes...Hughes. Then see Brooks and Haralson in on pass rush situations.

Round 3 - Dexter McCluster RB + KR/PR - Gives us a change of pace back. Homerun threat we lack on offense. Plus the guy can be our PR and KR. Has excellent speed and should go a long way in improving our return woes.

Round 5 - Best available Safety Prospect

Round 6 + 7 = BPA


Starting Offense:
QB - Smith
RB - Gore
FB - Norris
WR - Crabtree and Owens
TE - Davis and Walker
OL - Staley...Iupati...Heitmann...Rachal...T.Williams

Defense same as last year but with Clements back starting at CB and Hughes in at OLB.
You lost me at signing TO as a free agent... although I did peek at the top of your draft to see if you were totally out of your mind.

Your proposed draft picks are good and similar/identical to many others posted here so far.

I approve of your draft choices but not TO as a FA signing.

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
You lost me at signing TO as a free agent... although I did peek at the top of your draft to see if you were totally out of your mind.

Your proposed draft picks are good and similar/identical to many others posted here so far.

I approve of your draft choices but not TO as a FA signing.


I was expecting a lot of people to not like the TO pickup but just imagining Alex having Crabtree, Owens , Vernon Davis and Gore on the field on basically every offensive snap

Maybe im being naive but I really think TO has grown up a lot. And no doubt he is better than an over-rated Josh Morgan and any other options we have at WR.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,510
Yeah, get rid of TO, everything else looks good.
Like the draft a lot but HATE the TO FA.
i love the signing of TO to mentor Crabtree... great idea!
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
i love the signing of TO to mentor Crabtree... great idea!

Yes, because if there's one thing that TO is great at, it's being a team player.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
i love the signing of TO to mentor Crabtree... great idea!

Yes, because if there's one thing that TO is great at, it's being a team player.

Perfect, give him an offer now damnit!!!
TO was fine in Buffalo. I don't see the harm in giving him a contract like Buffalo did.
I'm really opposed to signing TO. I think it would set back the development of our young recievers. I could live with best OT available at 13 and lutipi at 16/17. But I'm not high on Jerry Hughes and definatly not want to give up extra picks for him. If that 1st round went that way I wouldn't pull my hair out.
I like it. Only thing missing is secondary speed.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
i love the signing of TO to mentor Crabtree... great idea!

Yes, because if there's one thing that TO is great at, it's being a team player.

T.O has gotten a bad rap over the years.

The Niner situation was blowing up when he arrived here and was destroyed when he left, and it wasn't because of him. He went to Philly and yeah he might have thrown McNabb under the bus but Owens still went out and busted his balls. McNabb had his best year as a pro when T.O was there. T.O broke his ankle and hobbled his way to the Super Bowl and still played his heart out.

He wasn't the problem in that Dallas locker room, and again he gave a QB his best years. Romo's stats with Owens were far better than any previous years, except for this one.

He's been quiet as a church mouse in Buffalo.

I think we could sign him for the same price that we paid Brandon Jones and I guarantee you he'll catch more than 1 pass in a season.

Say what you want about him but the man loves to play the game and he plays all out every single snap.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Franchise Tag - Aubrayo Franklin

Free Agency
Terrell Owens - Owens I believe still has some good game left in him. Has obvious character concerns but i like the way he handled himself in that disastrous Buffalo situation (OC fired before season, starting QB gets hurt, HC fired mid-season, has Ryan Fitzpatrick behind a make shift O-Line throwing him the ball) and we still didn't hear a peep out of him. Still managed a respectable 830 Yards and 5 TD's despite everything that went down there. Didn't he also mention he'd like to return to SF?

Draft
Round 1 - Pick 13 - Trent Williams OT - We all know how horrible this OL is. Time to seriously put effort into fixing it up, getting Solari is a good start. Now we add the best available OT to lock down the RT position.

Round 1 - Pick 16/17 - Mike Iupati OG - Going over board with OL? Perhaps, but it kills me watching Alex have to run for his life the second he gets the ball, while numerous other QB's seem to have all day back there.

Trade!
Round 2 pick + Round 4 pick to move up and grab Jerry Hughes OLB/DE - I know we ranked pretty high in the NFL in sacks but it still seems like getting pressure was a problem last season. I don't exactly like the idea of Parys or Ahmad Brooks starting. I would love to see a LB set of - Lawson...Willis...Spikes...Hughes. Then see Brooks and Haralson in on pass rush situations.

Round 3 - Dexter McCluster RB + KR/PR - Gives us a change of pace back. Homerun threat we lack on offense. Plus the guy can be our PR and KR. Has excellent speed and should go a long way in improving our return woes.

Round 5 - Best available Safety Prospect

Round 6 + 7 = BPA


Starting Offense:
QB - Smith
RB - Gore
FB - Norris
WR - Crabtree and Owens
TE - Davis and Walker
OL - Staley...Iupati...Heitmann...Rachal...T.Williams

Defense same as last year but with Clements back starting at CB and Hughes in at OLB.

I like this mock, but I don't think the Niners FO will draft two linemen in the first.
I just don't think TO looks good in a run oriented offense although his dropped passes rate would fit right in on our team.
Originally posted by mavfd9er:
I'm really opposed to signing TO. I think it would set back the development of our young recievers. I could live with best OT available at 13 and lutipi at 16/17. But I'm not high on Jerry Hughes and definatly not want to give up extra picks for him. If that 1st round went that way I wouldn't pull my hair out.

This