There are 206 users in the forums

Scott Wright's Updated Draft 1/22/10

• TJA85
  • Veteran
1A. OT - Trent Williams
1B. RB - C.J. Spiller

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php
Would be thrilled with this draft.
I'd be happy with that. Maybe the guy from Idaho instead of spiller. How good is spiller at catching the ball? Would we be able to line him up as a receiver?
Pats taking Tebow was the most surprising pick
I would like ther draft for the Niners. However, I have to laugh at NE taking Tim Tebow in round 1. Scott Wright might have been smoking something when he made this mock.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Would be thrilled with this draft.

I would be very excited with that as our first day draft.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would like ther draft for the Niners. However, I have to laugh at NE taking Tim Tebow in round 1. Scott Wright might have been smoking something when he made this mock.

I doubt they do it, but New England is probably the best situation Tebow could go to. Plenty of time to work on his mechanics and he'll see game action in a bunch of different looks.

[ Edited by Riot on Jan 22, 2010 at 10:59:28 ]

It often seems like he is. But for this one, thankfully, he appears to have been smoking less of what he usually does.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

It often seems like he is. But for this one, thankfully, he appears to have been smoking less of what he usually does.

Yes.. the rest actually looks pretty good. I just thought the Patriot pick was funny. It isnt to say that NE wouldnt be a good fit for Tebow but that I could never see them using a 1st round pick on the guy.
I guess I really wouldn't mind this draft. I am starting to be more and more content with Trent Williams, but I would still much rather have Mike Iupati.

I'd replace Trent Williams with Iupati. Then maybe trade up to late 1st or top of 2nd to get Ducasse. I'm willing to give up next year's 1st, or maybe Gore and a 3rd. We end up with

Iupati, Spiller, Ducasse.

[ Edited by kronik on Jan 22, 2010 at 11:20:01 ]
Originally posted by kronik:
I'd replace Trent Williams with Iupati. Then maybe trade up to late 1st or top of 2nd to get Ducasse. I'm willing to give up next year's 1st, or maybe Gore and a 3rd. We end up with

I think Ducasse will be available by the time we pick in the 2nd. I wouldn't trade Gore though.

It all depends on the Iupati pick. He could slide over and play the RT position.

yeah lets trade a proven probowl top 5 running back so we cant make spiller our number 1 back
I disagree with Iupati over Williams. I just think a proven RT is more valuable than a OG and a much bigger need for the Niners. Williams-Spiller would be the dream draft for the Niners in my opinion.
Originally posted by valrod33:

yeah lets trade a proven probowl top 5 running back so we cant make spiller our number 1 back

This is only if we draft Spiller. Gore isn't getting younger or healthier. What are we gonna do, trade him when he has no value?

My first choice is keeping Gore, and drafting Iupati and Bulaga/Davis/Williams, but I can understand if they are willing to go with the younger legs combination of Spiller/Coffee. PS: I'm not a Gore hater.
Share 49ersWebzone