LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Firepower draft

our team is in need of speed. i would love to see okung or Anthony Davis to fill that OT spot but i doubt they fall to us. i hope the 49ers go for firepower on both sides of the ball.

at #13 if spiller is there and we pass on him it would be a huge mistake. he fills the return job and he and Gore would be a very scary combo for DC's to gameplan against. both are shifty and can catch out of the backfield and Gore can be the Thunder to Spiller's Lightning. crabtree, morgan, VD, Gore and Spiller on the field at the same time will drive people crazy.

at 17 if Bulaga is not there we need to take Earl Thomas FS Texas. Goldson plays better when he's closer to the line, he really caught fire towards the end of the year when he played in the box. if we draft Earl Thomas and let him take care of the FS duties and let Goldson lay the wood as our SS our secondary will be very dangerous with two ballhawking safeties.

at 49 we take Golden Tate WR if he falls to us. he had an amazing year and would be perfect in our group of young WR's. Crabtree, Tate, Morgan, J. Hill and Brandon Jones. if Tate is gone i think we take Javier Arenas. he's a great corner as well as a great return man. with clements scheduled to make way too much next year if he doesnt take a pay cut, walt harris future uncertain and dre bly's age we need to add talent to our CB corps.

at 79 we take Sergio Kindle OLB Texas to add speed to our LB corps. he is a little raw but could turn out huge for us if he develops some more passrushing techniques. he lives off of his speed rush and bull rush. he is 6-4 255 so he is ready to go straight out of the draft, he may add a little weight in the pros to help against the bigger OT's but i think he is a solid pick if we end up with him.

after that we draft for depth on the D-line, O-line, WR and another CB.

what do u guys think?
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
I like it, this will definitely benefit in the long run. HOWEVER, without some new blood in the Offensive line we won't be productive at all.

Frank gore can get 1.7k + if he has GOOD blocking (jonas jennings and larry allen remember those days??)
Originally posted by ptinerocket:
I like it, this will definitely benefit in the long run. HOWEVER, without some new blood in the Offensive line we won't be productive at all.

Frank gore can get 1.7k + if he has GOOD blocking (jonas jennings and larry allen remember those days??)

oh ya most definitely. i just hope they dont reach for O Line and pass on great playmakers if no lineman worthy of that pick is there. i also think they will get atleast one lineman through free agency. Mankins would be awesome if a CBA is agreed on, which i think it will be. speed kills in the NFL, we have to be able to compete with teams that can put up points and our primitive offense this year couldnt keep up. on D we are good but with more speed we could pressure QB's into making stupid mistakes and giving the ball away to our shiny new DB's. the O-line is priority number 1 but it has to be the right situation, not a reach.
OL will be the focus of this draft. Guaranteed that one of our two first picks will be an OL.
he wont but lets say he does seattle wants a qb im pretty sure a team would love to jump seattle and take him maybe like the vikings or some other team
I would love to have all of those players, but I would love to have BPAOT then Iupati even more. Sorry.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
our team is in need of speed. i would love to see okung or Anthony Davis to fill that OT spot but i doubt they fall to us. i hope the 49ers go for firepower on both sides of the ball.

at #13 if spiller is there and we pass on him it would be a huge mistake. he fills the return job and he and Gore would be a very scary combo for DC's to gameplan against. both are shifty and can catch out of the backfield and Gore can be the Thunder to Spiller's Lightning. crabtree, morgan, VD, Gore and Spiller on the field at the same time will drive people crazy.

at 17 if Bulaga is not there we need to take Earl Thomas FS Texas. Goldson plays better when he's closer to the line, he really caught fire towards the end of the year when he played in the box. if we draft Earl Thomas and let him take care of the FS duties and let Goldson lay the wood as our SS our secondary will be very dangerous with two ballhawking safeties.

at 49 we take Golden Tate WR if he falls to us. he had an amazing year and would be perfect in our group of young WR's. Crabtree, Tate, Morgan, J. Hill and Brandon Jones. if Tate is gone i think we take Javier Arenas. he's a great corner as well as a great return man. with clements scheduled to make way too much next year if he doesnt take a pay cut, walt harris future uncertain and dre bly's age we need to add talent to our CB corps.

at 79 we take Sergio Kindle OLB Texas to add speed to our LB corps. he is a little raw but could turn out huge for us if he develops some more passrushing techniques. he lives off of his speed rush and bull rush. he is 6-4 255 so he is ready to go straight out of the draft, he may add a little weight in the pros to help against the bigger OT's but i think he is a solid pick if we end up with him.

what do u guys think?

I like every thing you said, BUT we have to have top R.T. Right now Snyder is one of the worst R.T. in the NFL! Pathos got hurt, so in my mind he is a question mark. Even IF Pathos is the answer we still have no depth with Synder as back up. IF we get a F/A R.T. then we could do your plan.
Would be fine if the Oline could open holes for Spiller. If we don't get the Oline fixed we'll be 8-8 once again.
f**k cj spiller we got frank gore, we dont need anybody else, dude rushed for 1100 yards behind a horrible offensive line, imagine if we were to upgrade the online with both of our 1st round picks.

i really think the niners go oline and get a defensive player with our 2 first round picks
I have to be honest, Honda, I would slit my wrists. KR then FS then WR then OLB. And only then, perhaps, some O line.

Each of your picks individually has justification. What I think would be unforgivable would be completely ignoring the O line during the picks where this year's potential starters are lurking.

With the state of our O line, I just don't understand why so many people around here have so little interest in getting it fixed

Originally posted by English:
I have to be honest, Honda, I would slit my wrists. KR then FS then WR then OLB. And only then, perhaps, some O line.

Each of your picks individually has justification. What I think would be unforgivable would be completely ignoring the O line during the picks where this year's potential starters are lurking.

With the state of our O line, I just don't understand why so many people around here have so little interest in getting it fixed

This.

The O-Line has to be addressed, especially in the 1st round.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by English:

This.

The O-Line has to be addressed, especially in the 1st round.

Agreed.

Oh and OP you're nuts if you think Kindle will be available at #79
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

what do u guys think?

Then we could draft Mt Cody in the fourth round. Pick Clauson up in the fifth. Rolando Mclain in the 6th. etc.....

there is no way Tate and Kindle fall that far, especially Kindle in the 3rd?????? I see him going as high as #10 overall in some mocks and is potentially the best 3-4 OLB prospect in the draft. I do wish we could do that though.

[ Edited by walker807 on Jan 22, 2010 at 08:45:57 ]
Golden Tate will be a late first, early second round pick.

Kindle will not fall that far. He played very well in his last bowl game and has prototypical size to play in a 3-4 or a 4-3. Someone will fall in love with this guy.

I am still firm on the chance of drafting Iupati and Bulaga in the first, but if we get Spiller and Iupati, I wouldn't mind. But to select Earl Thomas, who probably won't even start with Michael Lewis still there, would be a bit ridiculous.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Golden Tate will be a late first, early second round pick.

Kindle will not fall that far. He played very well in his last bowl game and has prototypical size to play in a 3-4 or a 4-3. Someone will fall in love with this guy.

I am still firm on the chance of drafting Iupati and Bulaga in the first, but if we get Spiller and Iupati, I wouldn't mind. But to select Earl Thomas, who probably won't even start with Michael Lewis still there, would be a bit ridiculous.

Thomas would challenge for a job at FS not SS and he could also challenge to be the nickel back.
Share 49ersWebzone