There are 176 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If Claussen has Rodgers/Quinn type fall, does he get to pick 14?

If Claussen has Rodgers/Quinn type fall, does he get to pick 14?

If Claussen, by some chance (as we've seen happen before), is on the board at 13, do we pass on him?
Yes we pass on him. Same reasons as given in the various other QB in the 1st? Threads
Originally posted by English:
Yes we pass on him. Same reasons as given in the various other QB in the 1st? Threads

Which is what? We're set with Alex Smith? ha!
It depends who else is on the board. If a guy who can help us right now as a starter in the next year or two is there, pass on him. If not, take him if he's the BPA.
At the 13th i think thats a gift like Crabs was. Id draft Jimmy there. I dont think Nate Davis is the future Qb of this team. So if jimmy is there he can sit for a couple years and learn, maybe beat out alex
He would be an upgrade, and the solid QB this team is lacking. No don't pass.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
A team holding 2 first round picks and a potential franchise QB falls to their pick when he is expected to go top 10 ? You take the QB who can be the face of the franchise for the next 10+ years since you don't have one.

IMO Bradford is the more likely to fall.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
He'll be the 1st QB off the board. Won't make it out of the top10.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
If he or Bradford is there we have to take em. I don't see the 2nd QB making it past Buffalo personally.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd rather take our RT and RG in the first and go for Locker in the draft next year.
Originally posted by mayo63:
I'd rather take our RT and RG in the first and go for Locker in the draft next year.

There's no guarantee that we're close enough to take him. It's nice to think about next year's class of Locker, Mallett, and possibly Prior but if we're sitting at 18 and they're all top 5 picks we miss out on a frachise QB once again.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 22, 2010 at 07:43:47 ]
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by English:

Which is what? We're set with Alex Smith? ha!

Why did you ask if you are not interested in people's views? With this sort of response it is clearly not worth trying to have a sensible discussion with you.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

There's no guarantee that we're close enough to take him. It's nice to think about next year's class of Locker, Mallett, and possibly Prior but if we're sitting at 18 and they're all top 5 picks we miss out on a frachise QB once again.

Or you just trade up like the Jets did for "Sanchise".
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:

That only works if a ball club is willing to take lesser value for a top 5 pick. Mangini traded that pick for half of it's value and not many organizations are willing to do that as of right now, and if there's a rookie cap in place no one will do it next year.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:

3 players and 2 picks was the cost and that was THAT deal. Mangini knew those players from his time in NY. There is no guarantee the team you are attempting to trade up with will want any players from your team that you would be willing to part ways with.