There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Javier Arenas vs. Perrish Cox

Javier Arenas vs. Perrish Cox

We are sitting at no. 49 and both are still on the board. Who do you choose and why? Educate us on the differences between these two players and who you think would help this team more.

[ Edited by gilwankel on Jan 21, 2010 at 11:27:38 ]
Arenas because I never heard of Cox.
From everything I've seen and heard it seems that size is the big difference. They are both capable kick and punt returners, but Cox has a much bigger frame. However, Arenas may be the more accomplished CB. It's a tough call. Cox could end up being a beast because of his size/speed package, but Arenas reminds me of Winfield from Minnesota. He's small, but much more polished and has a knack for making plays. At this point, I guess it's Arenas in my mind.
Perrish Cox looks slow and stiff for a CB. He's better off going to a team that plays Tampa 2 style zones.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Karma:
From everything I've seen and heard it seems that size is the big difference. They are both capable kick and punt returners, but Cox has a much bigger frame. However, Arenas may be the more accomplished CB. It's a tough call. Cox could end up being a beast because of his size/speed package, but Arenas reminds me of Winfield from Minnesota. He's small, but much more polished and has a knack for making plays. At this point, I guess it's Arenas in my mind.

When it comes to a choice between a more polished player or a more athletic one go for the more polished every single time.
Perrish Cox is Nate Clements, imo

[ Edited by DesiDez on Jan 21, 2010 at 12:15:29 ]
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Perrish Cox is Nate Clements, imo

I will take Perrish Cox. We need big corners in our division.
I go with Javier Arenas. He's a little smaller but he's more physical, plays well against the run, and a better form tackler. He had 11 tackles for a loss this past season which is pretty impressive for a corner.
Originally posted by susweel:

suuuuuuuuuuure you haven't.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Arenas. Fast, physical and better returner that Cox imo. Not to mention we would be a beast on our coverage team on returns.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

If we don't cut Nate Clements I wouldn't draft a corner before the 3rd round. I might wait until the 4th round to draft a punt returner.
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
If we don't cut Nate Clements I wouldn't draft a corner before the 3rd round. I might wait until the 4th round to draft a punt returner.

why would we cut clements hes a solid CB
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:

why would we cut clements hes a solid CB

backloaded contract + aging player = more likely to get cut with every passing year

I'd like him to stay but the beat writers seem to think he'll have to restructure so we'll see about that.