LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

I was looking at some CB prospects and found Akwasi Owusu-Ansah from Indiana University of Pennslyvania (D-AA school). He has good size 6'1" 195lbs, and is said to run in the 4.4 range. Right now he's showing to be gone anywhere from rd 2-4 depending on combine, pro day, ect. I was wondering if anyone else had anything on him. Could be a great pick up!

Here's a link to a scouting report.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1675324
Gesundheit
Another link. This time from footballs future....

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=352422
If he is good he should be a candidate.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

Well his first name apparently means "Born on Sunday." He's gotta be good.....right?
Originally posted by mavfd9er:

Well his first name apparently means "Born on Sunday." He's gotta be good.....right?

Nice
Originally posted by tohara3:

Nice

in that case he better be the "Answer"...oh wait I meant Ansah
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Nice

in that case he better be the "Answer"...oh wait I meant Ansah

Great post!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Gesundheit

Gesundheit

?

I've been all about this guy for a while. Insane stats, and unbelievable return stats as well!
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I've been all about this guy for a while. Insane stats, and unbelievable return stats as well!

Does he return kickoffs & punts?
I doubt this guy becomes a corner in the NFL...maybe FS. Huge body for a corner and played against lesser talent, so probably doesnt have the moves to play CB. But I think he could be the defensive version of Joshua Cribbs (athletic freak KR/PR who doesnt have a natural position).
I'm pretty high on this kid as well. For reference, here's what ESPN has to say about him, with each category ranked from 1 being the higest to 5 being the lowest. He seems like a natural ballhawk who could become a great starter with some coaching. I wouldn't mind spending a 2nd or 3rd on him.

Overall Football Traits
Production: 2 2006: (10/0) 20 tackles, 3 PBU, 1 FR, 1 FF, 4 KOR, 79 yards (19.8); 2007: (12/0) 12 tackles, 2 PBU, 1 FF, 20 KR, 499 yards, 1 TD, 28 PR, 271 yards (9.7 avg.), 1 TD; 2008: (11/10) 14 tackles, 8 INT, 10 PBU, 13 KOR, 318 yards (24.5 avg.), 20 PR, 242 yards (12.1 avg). First team All-PSAC kick returner and second team All-PSAC cornerback.
Height-Weight-Speed: 2 Displays good height for position and a well-built frame along with above-average top-end speed.
Durability: 1 Suffered a shoulder injury during the 2009 season but did not miss action and played with a harness on shoulder.
Intangibles: 2 Brings added value as a special teams returner and has now has seven career returns for touchdowns (10/27/2009).

Defensive Corner specific Traits
Fluidity: 1 Shows good flexibility and stays low out of backpedal. Extremely loose hips and changes directions with ease. Displays strong range when lined up at the safety position. Also appears to have the size and ability to turn and run if lined up as a press corner at the next level.
Closing Burst: 2 Smooth transition out of backpedal. Does a good job of sticking foot in the ground allowing him to plant and drive quickly. Shows extra gear when closing on the ball. Adequate recovery speed to make up ground when caught in trail position.
Ball Skills: 1 Appears to be his best asset. Turns, locates, and play the ball extremely well. Takes proper angles to the point and is aggressive attacking the ball. Above-average hands and can pull down the tough interception. Shows ability to create after making interception.
Instincts/Mental Toughness: 3 Is called a corner in the IUP defensive scheme but mainly lines up at the safety position. Will take time to adjust to understanding splits, routes, and concepts if used as a press-corner at the next level. Does a good job of reading QB's eyes when lined up at safety position allowing him to get a good jump on the ball. An emotional player on the field that plays with confidence and a bit of a swager. Can be overaggressive at times playing against lower level competition and will need to show more discipline against NFL caliber level competition.
Run Support: 2 Diagnosis run quickly and fills the alleys with good overall angles. Possesses long arms and is a strong wrap-up tackler in the open field. Fights off blocks well. However, needs to show more aggression and physicality upon contact on occasion.
Gesundheit

Exactly what I thought when I read the title of the thread.
Share 49ersWebzone