YOU are on the clock...

Jahvid Best, RB
Arthur Jones, DT
Rodger Saffold, OT
Jerome Murphy, CB
Myron Rolle, SS

San Diego selects
Danny Batten DE/OLB South Dakota State 6-3 250
The NY Jets select the player who is the highest rated player on their board... TE/FB Garrett Graham from Wisconsin. Tony Richardson is 38 yrs old so a new FB is a need but Graham can also provide another target for Sanchez at the TE spot.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Feb 3, 2010 at 8:09 PM ]
The Vikings pick up a nice blocking TE by selecting Michael Hoomanawanui from Illinois.

Just two more picks left!!!
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 3, 2010 at 10:17 PM ]
The Saints need some offensive line depth so they select Ted Larsen, C/OG, North Carolina State.
OTC... Go ahead and choose Mr. Irrelevant
Who's gonna be Mr. Irrelevant?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
OTC... Go ahead and choose Mr. Irrelevant

Who's mr irrelevant
Thank you! I REALLY wanted to do this one...

The Colts, with this year's Mr. Irrelevant, pick a guy with a lot of talent and who I recently wrote about. With the last pick in the draft, the Indianapolis Colts select DT Mick Williams, Pittsburgh.

Great work, everybody. Really, great work.
Well done. It will be interesting to compare this initial 7 rd mock to one we do in April .

By the way... where did Superbowl run off to? I think he left us.
Well done. It will be interesting to compare this initial 7 rd mock to one we do in April .

Missed the entire 7th round.

Well, a quick heads up for next time -- and this will certainly change things -- Buffalo hired George Edwards and will be switching to a 3-4 defense now.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-name-Edwards-defensive-coordinator/d4bc880d-7f2e-48a2-8cc4-74e731938c0e
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Well, a quick heads up for next time -- and this will certainly change things -- Buffalo hired George Edwards and will be switching to a 3-4 defense now.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-name-Edwards-defensive-coordinator/d4bc880d-7f2e-48a2-8cc4-74e731938c0e

This bodes well for Aaron Maybin who was miscast as a 4-3 DE.
I'm curious to see OTC, MadDog, or any of the webzone's other draft gurus to look back and analyze some of the different draft picks (biggest reach, biggest steal, team with best overall draft, etc.) There weren't too many headscratchers that I recall, except for Lee Ziemba who didn't even declare for the draft.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

This bodes well for Aaron Maybin who was miscast as a 4-3 DE.

Absolutely -- he's very lucky. He never should've been drafted to play 4-3 DE. Maybe is nothing like a Dwight Freeney.
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
I'm curious to see OTC, MadDog, or any of the webzone's other draft gurus to look back and analyze some of the different draft picks (biggest reach, biggest steal, team with best overall draft, etc.) There weren't too many headscratchers that I recall, except for Lee Ziemba who didn't even declare for the draft.

Just doing a quick skim, I want to be fair and at least select a few of each. I was working off my own board, so it's a little harder for me to sit here and be objective, but I want to get as many people some credit here as I can.

A bit of this is post-All Star game hindsight, so keep that in mind as well.

Biggest reaches:
RB Joe McKnight in the 2nd.
OT Ciron Black in the 2nd.
OG Thomas Austin in the 5th -- I'll put my pick here, as I definitely reached for Minny out of both need and scarcity.
OT Tony Washington in the 4th.

Biggest steals:
WR Jeremy Williams in the 5th round, WR Jacoby Ford in the 4th . (NinerJohn)
CB Devin McCourty in the middle of the 3rd round, TE Jimmy Graham in the 6th. (OTC)
CB Alterraun Verner in the 6th round, FS Robert Johnson in the 5th. (GoFD)
WR Carlton Mitchell in the 5th (solid)
WR D. Thomas in the 4th (Bay_Area)
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 4, 2010 at 2:25 PM ]