There are 248 users in the forums

RB Toby Gerhart is Entering the 2010 NFL Draft

Think William Floyd.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Think William Floyd.

Bar None - now available in white chocolate.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
The second coming of Jerome Bettis (minus the asthma).

im thinkin Mike Alstott. seeing people try to stop Gerhart on the goal line is pretty funny

How about Tom Rathman?

i was born in 87 so i missed most of rathman but my dad always talks about him. alstott with the bucs was like a bulldozer, for a few years he was impossible to stop

Alstott used his smarts and feet to break tackles. Rathman never even tried to go around anybody, he just went directly into them, like no other running back I have ever seen.

Gerhart is not like either of them. He is more athletic then both of them. I think he'll be pretty good. He plays like a poor mans Christian Okoye.

He would be a good player to have on your team.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Think William Floyd.

Bar None - now available in white chocolate.

NICE.

I loved Floyd. That guy was a beast.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
The second coming of Jerome Bettis (minus the asthma).

wow not even close
Gerhart solid college fb player! hands down! has the makings of a bust! watch. brad muster!
Do Not Want!!! Remember the last Stanford player we drafted
He'll be good in the right system. He could be a nice compliment to a team. He's probably not what you want in an everydown back, but he could be a nice #2 and short yardage RB. He could even play some FB.

I wouldn't spend more than a 3rd on him and I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 4th or even 5th. I think he'll most effective if used similar to Le'Ron McClain in Baltimore. If I had to guess though, I'd say he'll have a career like Mike Alstott's.
Im thinking he'll be identical to Peyton Hillis. RB/FB Role.
i think greg jones and brian leonard were better prospects. good power runners and everyone wanted them to convert to fullback.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AC49er:
Do Not Want!!! Remember the last Stanford player we drafted

Bill Walsh came from Stanford.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
He'll be good in the right system. He could be a nice compliment to a team. He's probably not what you want in an everydown back, but he could be a nice #2 and short yardage RB. He could even play some FB.

I wouldn't spend more than a 3rd on him and I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 4th or even 5th. I think he'll most effective if used similar to Le'Ron McClain in Baltimore. If I had to guess though, I'd say he'll have a career like Mike Alstott's.

He could be a fantastic addition to a team like the Chiefs or Titans (L. White may be gone in 2011).
Hes a tad smaller than alstott but probably will get up to 240 but hes quicker and faster than him. So maybe a Leanord Weaver????
Originally posted by strickac:

I don't know if we run 'the right system,' but don't we need all those things (#2 RB, short yardage back, FB)?
I love to see the Niners pick up Toby Gerhart. He's the type of back McCoughlan likes to see. The guy is wrecking ball when he gets to the secondary.
Share 49ersWebzone