There are 226 users in the forums

Hey here's the DARKHORSE!

People!!!! I have not heard one word mentioned of Myron Rolle from FSU!!! HE was one of the top Safeties last year, but he decided to take a yr off & get his Doctorine (i believe that's what it was either way he stayed in school 1 yr). dude has the tools, he's been working out with Deion & some other high profile trainers, but I think this could be our Gem in the 3-4th even 5th round. Seriously should be worth to look at.
this is racist why does he have to be a darkhorse? just cuz he is black why couldnt you have just called him a sleeper pick
jk I think we should look at getting him in the 3rd round, provided that we address other needs in the 1st and 2nd rounds and in FA

[ Edited by valrod33 on Jan 14, 2010 at 08:46:58 ]
rolle is good but his combine numbers will determine if he goes 2nd rd or beyond. fsu sure couldve used him this yr. would be a great replacement for michael lewis
  • rum53
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
this is racist why does he have to be a darkhorse? just cuz he is black why couldnt you have just called him a sleeper pick

Are you serious?
Originally posted by rum53:

Are you serious?

Pounced a little early, dincha?
I am sure that Rolle is on a lost of team's radar screens including the 49ers. Clearly he a high character, incredibly smart guy and if he shows off his athletic skills at the combine we should be considering him as he plays a position we should be looking to draft.

I have actually seen his name on several Mocks posted here so he is not exactly going unnoticed by the draft gurus.
Psch, you call that a dark horse? This is a DARKHORSE.....

Nuff said
  • tap11
  • Veteran
How does one "get a doctorine"? Is a doctorine a good thing?
Originally posted by tap11:
How does one "get a doctorine"? Is a doctorine a good thing?

Sounds like a mix between a doctorate and a porcupine, which if anyone has gone through graduate school (as I am currently doing), might not be as painful as a regular doctorate, lol!!!!!

Are you serious?

Um, no. I wouldnt worry. Anyway the somnambulists will now be after him for using the expression "sleeper pick"

Sleepist
Originally posted by English:

Are you serious?

Um, no. I wouldnt worry. Anyway the somnambulists will now be after him for using the expression "sleeper pick"

Sleepist

lol
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Are you serious?

Pounced a little early, dincha?

wow whoever thought that was racist wasn't thinking! lol
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
The problem with a player like Rolle is that he could leave the league at any time because he has other options. He could play 4 or 5 years then call it quits because he has better things waiting and he doesn't want to ruin his body for the rest of his life.
I was never overly impressed with Rolle as a player...he's a great athlete and came to FSU with a lot of hype surrounding him. He just doesn't seem to have the speed to be a truly effective NFL safety though, and I don't recall him being much of a playmaker either. Who knows, he might end up spending a few years in the NFL as an OLB/special teamer before he goes into business/politics.

I admire and respect his intellect, and he has a great personal story...but as a professional football player, I'm not totally sold on either his skill-set or his dedication to the sport.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 14, 2010 at 13:44:54 ]
Share 49ersWebzone