There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Carroll select a QB in the 1st round?

And if so, who?

You see this all the time...new regime comes into a struggling team with no QB, so they choose a QB in the 1st round to be the new face of their team.

The Seahawks have two first round picks this year...do you think Carroll will take a QB?
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
And if so, who?

You see this all the time...new regime comes into a struggling team with no QB, so they choose a QB in the 1st round to be the new face of their team.

The Seahawks have two first round picks this year...do you think Carroll will take a QB?

Clausen or Bradford
He will take Clausen. I think he's the best QB in the draft.
It depends on who is there. If Clausen or Bradford is there at the Seahawks first pick, I have to believe that he would strongly consider taking them and sitting them behind Matt Hasselbeck for a year or two until they are ready.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,146
Doubtful. By the time they pick the top 2 will be gone and there's a big drop off after that. It sounds like he wants a good running game first and his hires would indicate that. I could see them go OT, then Spiller. Boy would that piss some people here off.
I hope so, then we'll have a better opportunity to get the best ROT available.
Lord I hope so-for our sake the more QBs that go before us the better we get what we want.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,924
John David Booty!
I think their choice will come down to OT Anthony Davis of Rutgers and the remaining QB on the board, which will probably be Sam Bradford.

However, this is a team which finished 30th in pass defense in the NFL, with an 11 year vet Patrick Kearney on one side, and a mediocre Lawrence Jackson on the other. Kearney had 5 sacks, and he's surely no lock to start in 2010. Neither is Jackson, with 4 1/2 sacks. So, if the team falls in love with Jason Pierre-Paul or Derrick Morgan, and either of these two players are on the board, I would not be surprised to see them go DE.

Pete Carroll is a defensive guy, and he might burn his first pick in this draft on retooling the pass defense.
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by susweel:
He will take Clausen. I think he's the best QB in the draft.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,564
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I hope so, then we'll have a better opportunity to get the best ROT available.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Doubtful. By the time they pick the top 2 will be gone and there's a big drop off after that. It sounds like he wants a good running game first and his hires would indicate that. I could see them go OT, then Spiller. Boy would that piss some people here off.

I think you are assuming that the Rams will take a QB, I don't think they will. I see them taking Suh and drafting a QB, maybe McCoy at the top of the 2nd round.. Other than the Rams, the only other team ahead of the Seahawks that might possibly draft a QB is the Redskins at #5..

I think they will draft a QB with #6, either Clausen or Bradford, whoever is left and if It is Bradford, that he gets a clean bill of health.
With their 1B (#14) they will select the best available OL either a OT or Iupati, if we don't select him first with our #13.
  • Elric
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 265
Carol probable needs to take 2 OT in the first round.
I assume Claussen will go to Stl. This leaves Bradford, and I don't think Carrol will be interested in a QB that hasn't played in a pro-style offense. He didn't even buy this gimmick offense in college, I doubt he'll want anything to do with it here. He's also always built very dominant O-lines, and I don't suppose he'll change that here. If Berry falls, however, all bets are off.
seattle needs a QB but only if the right one falls to them. i think clausen or one of the other pro style guys. i dont think he would take bradford. but they need help everywhere, that team is really old.