LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

The "Real" Draft

• 49erfreak
  • Info N/A
Every year, I come to this board to read everyone's mocks and picks. But when it comes down to real draft time, it never works out the way the majority of people here think it will. Is this year different? Or do you think that Scotty will go with a pick like Kentwan and surprise the WZ world again?
what a horrible mock draft
Originally posted by 49erfreak:
Every year, I come to this board to read everyone's mocks and picks. But when it comes down to real draft time, it never works out the way the majority of people here think it will. Is this year different? Or do you think that Scotty will go with a pick like Kentwan and surprise the WZ world again?

I seem to remember Kentwan having a small, but outspoken, cheering section before the draft. It seems more like we have camps of people calling for certain players. We had the Michael Huff vs. Vernon Davis threads, Adam Carriker vs. Patrick Willis threads, and it seems like the two most popular players I have seen for the #13 pick are C.J. Spiller vs. Brian Bulaga.
Originally posted by Karma:

I seem to remember Kentwan having a small, but outspoken, cheering section before the draft. It seems more like we have camps of people calling for certain players. We had the Michael Huff vs. Vernon Davis threads, Adam Carriker vs. Patrick Willis threads, and it seems like the two most popular players I have seen for the #13 pick are C.J. Spiller vs. Brian Bulaga.

By the time the draft rolls around, everyone will be on the Iupati bandwagon.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

True, Iupati is definitely the darkhorse in all of this. We'll see how he does at the Senior Bowl and the combine. If he shows any ability to play OT as well, the webzone might explode!

[ Edited by Karma on Jan 12, 2010 at 12:39:31 ]

Don't forget Iupati, but maybe someone can explain to me why Bulaga would fit in better with us than the likes of Williams or Davis? Bulaga is a LT, which we already have, and will most likely have at least one of the two marquee OL in the draft who would fit better in a RT role.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

Don't forget Iupati, but maybe someone can explain to me why Bulaga would fit in better with us than the likes of Williams or Davis? Bulaga is a LT, which we already have, and will most likely have at least one of the two marquee OL in the draft who would fit better in a RT role.

He has better feet and technique than Williams. While pass protection is more important at LT than RT, we still don't want to end up with a Kwame at RT. That's what I fear Williams becomes.
the draft is so unpredictable. thats what makes it more fun. make your own mocks, predict picks of other teams,pretend to scout players from games...lol. one trade in the draft can change everything.

Would want with our 16/17th pick.

hop on while there are still window seats.

Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

hop on while there are still window seats.

It's Standing Room Only in here!
I picked Bear Pascoe last year, so Back OFF!!!

I predicted the Balmer pick.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
the draft is so unpredictable. thats what makes it more fun. make your own mocks, predict picks of other teams,pretend to scout players from games...lol. one trade in the draft can change everything.

Yep. Not a lot of folks predicted we'd get Crabtree last year. Where we are this year at 13 and 16/17 a lot of stuff can happen. It'll all be good.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I predicted the Balmer pick.

no you didn't
Share 49ersWebzone