There are 149 users in the forums

My Bust a knut mock draft....

my mock draft to fill all important needs....

I didn't do any trading in this mock draft. I have been reviewing my own positions of need and availability to talent and found these guys to be special picks at select areas that fit exactly what we need IMO. Enjoy the videos and tell me what you think!

1st round pick (OT) Charles Brown, USC

Resembles: Jet's OT recently drafted (forgot his name )

Charles Brown from my observation has very solid feet and punch moves in passing situations and very solid against the run. He play's left tackle and if drafted would be interesting who they move to right tackle.

1st round pick (LOLB) Jerry Hughes, TCU

Resembles: Smaller Demarcus Ware

We all pretty much know about Jerry Hughes ability to rush the passer. I believe we can trade down in the draft to get him but i am not going to do that for this mock draft. He would be a solid pick to replace harleson...though he may need some development.

2nd round pick (CB) Perrish Cox, Oklahoma State

Resembles: Quicker Nate Clements

Perrish Cox is one of the fundamentally sound corners that has really solid bulk and the size to match against stronger recievers. He is also a really good kick returner and punt returner. Two birds one stone!

3rd round pick (RB) Joe McKnight, USC

Resembles: Reggie Smith

Joe McKnight is a speed guy with solid frame and break away speed. Would be a good Spell to Gore on third downs and speed situations. He is projected to go anywhere from 2nd round to 4th probably due to 40 time. I split the difference and picked him in the third.

4th round pick (WR) Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech

Resembles: Terrell Owens

We have the solid wide recievers to get yards underneath and the middle of the field. What we don't possess is the one on one deep threat that can go up and get it...break the tackle and keep running. This guy...IMO is a Terrell Owens clown that isn't getting the credit because he plays for Georgia Tech, which has a weird offense and doesn't put all their receivers in a good light. I think he will rise from a fifth round pick and draft him in the 4th!

5th round pick (ILB) Micah Johnson, Kentucky

Resembles: Takeo Spikes

Now i understand..that if you watch the video...u'd be like, this guy is going much further than a 5th round pick. I believe so as well...but there is a possibility considering he injured his knee and may not go to the combine which may hurt his draft stock. But there is no doubt his ability at inside linebacker would work great next to patrick willis.

6th round pick (NT) Kade Weston, Georgia

no video....solid numbers for a nose tackle. 25 tackles, six TFL and two sacks in 11 games of the 2009 season.

7th round pick (QB) Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan

Mac conference...ironically because so was nate davis. But anyways 7th round pick his numbers size and speed are solid. But the scheme and arm strenght while reading defenses will be a struggle grants him a 7th round grade. Interesting pick for a seventh though!

My concluding analysis...

We can really put a dent in the issues that reside around the 49ers offensive woes and increase the productivity of the defense in this draft. Many would say we should draft an offensive guard...i beg the differ. Guard is a position that can be fine tuned and we have the talent at the position to get it corrected. Safety is also another need area, but only the top safeties i see are worth the look in this draft. There may be one in the mid rounds but i don't see any of them replacing Reggie smith or micheal lewis. These picks that I choose are the type of solid players that IMO are game breakers in their own right. Exactly the type of talent that pushes your starters to want to keep their jobs. Exactly what we need.

Tell me what you guys think! GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by thaakingd on Jan 12, 2010 at 01:12:54 ]
I doubt Mcknight goes as late as the 3rd and I doubt LeFevour goes as late as the 7th. I think those round projections are wrong. But some of your picks I like. I just don't think the rounds are realistic on some.
I completely disagree on the subject of guards. You have the right to your opinion, obviously, but I would view this draft as an utter failure and be calling for Scotty's head.
I don't really like McNight... he runs standing up too tall.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Who is Reggie Smith?
Perrish Cox looks like a 1st round talent in those highlights
Originally posted by mayo63:
Who is Reggie Smith?

I'm sorry....Reggie Bush
Dream Draft:

Trade 1st, 2nd (and maybe next year's 2nd) to move up and get Berry (unless taken with 1st 3 picks)
Other 1st Rounder: Bulaga or best OT available
3rd Round: Gerhart or best big RB available
4th:Guard
5th: Kick Returner
6th: Kicker
7th ILB
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by thaakingd:
1st round pick (OT) Charles Brown, USC

Charles Brown from my observation has very solid feet and punch moves in passing situations and very solid against the run. He play's left tackle and if drafted would be interesting who they move to right tackle.

I like this pick.

Quote:

1st round pick (LOLB) Jerry Hughes, TCU

Resembles: Smaller Demarcus Ware

We all pretty much know about Jerry Hughes ability to rush the passer. I believe we can trade down in the draft to get him but i am not going to do that for this mock draft. He would be a solid pick to replace harleson...though he may need some development.

Don't like this pick. I don't want a LB in the first round unless by some miracle McClain falls to us and even then I'd have to think about it.

Quote:

2nd round pick (CB) Perrish Cox, Oklahoma State

Resembles: Quicker Nate Clements

Perrish Cox is one of the fundamentally sound corners that has really solid bulk and the size to match against stronger recievers. He is also a really good kick returner and punt returner. Two birds one stone!

Don't need CB help. We really need safety help and in the second round Reshad Jones would be available and probably the best safety left.

Quote:

3rd round pick (RB) Joe McKnight, USC

Resembles: Reggie Smith

Joe McKnight is a speed guy with solid frame and break away speed. Would be a good Spell to Gore on third downs and speed situations. He is projected to go anywhere from 2nd round to 4th probably due to 40 time. I split the difference and picked him in the third.

I'd rather have Noel Devine who gets comparisons to Sproles. He'll be a good change of pace back as well as our return guy.

Quote:

4th round pick (WR) Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech

Resembles: Terrell Owens

We have the solid wide recievers to get yards underneath and the middle of the field. What we don't possess is the one on one deep threat that can go up and get it...break the tackle and keep running. This guy...IMO is a Terrell Owens clown that isn't getting the credit because he plays for Georgia Tech, which has a weird offense and doesn't put all their receivers in a good light. I think he will rise from a fifth round pick and draft him in the 4th!

Thomas will be gone by the 4th. NFLdraftscout.com says the NFL advisory board told Thomas that he could go as high as the second, but more likely the third. Freddie Barnes will be avialable at this spot if we want to get another WR.

Quote:

5th round pick (ILB) Micah Johnson, Kentucky

Resembles: Takeo Spikes

Now i understand..that if you watch the video...u'd be like, this guy is going much further than a 5th round pick. I believe so as well...but there is a possibility considering he injured his knee and may not go to the combine which may hurt his draft stock. But there is no doubt his ability at inside linebacker would work great next to patrick willis.

I'm ok with this pick.
Quote:

6th round pick (NT) Kade Weston, Georgia

no video....solid numbers for a nose tackle. 25 tackles, six TFL and two sacks in 11 games of the 2009 season.

Ok with this one too.

Quote:

7th round pick (QB) Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan

Mac conference...ironically because so was nate davis. But anyways 7th round pick his numbers size and speed are solid. But the scheme and arm strenght while reading defenses will be a struggle grants him a 7th round grade. Interesting pick for a seventh though!

LeFevour won't be here in the 7th round. There will be lots of QBs available still and some decent ones that will go undrafted this year.
Share 49ersWebzone