LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

***AB's 2010 Collaborative Mock Draft Thread***

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Crazy, I like your two picks for the Niners. Got to fix the trenches

yup omly problem is williams cant play LT thats why i would perfer someone else however williams is the best RT in the draft and i guess we could use simms to play LT (incase staley gets injured)

Actually, I perfer Bulaga over Williams, but Williams is still a good pick.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by Butter:
Reaching for Iupati at #13 to play RT kind of reminds me of Chilo Rachel. Didn't they justify that pick saying that he could possibly play RT for awhile during TC and pre-season?

If they're going to take a OT at #13, take someone who doesn't need to be converted from a different position.

Who says we're going to convert him to OT? He's best as an OG

Why not get Williams first?

I know this place is ridding Iupati's nuts but cone on now
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I am confused. If this is a 2 or 3 round mock, why did the Rams trade down with the Lions for a 4th round draft pick?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Reaching for Iupati at #13 to play RT kind of reminds me of Chilo Rachel. Didn't they justify that pick saying that he could possibly play RT for awhile during TC and pre-season?

If they're going to take a OT at #13, take someone who doesn't need to be converted from a different position.

Agreed, not that it matters. I'm thinking one consideration could be that OGs make less than OTs, slot or not, could save a few bucks. I wouldn't chance it though. If one of the OTs slips, someone will trade up and take him. There's just too many teams that need help there.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Agreed, not that it matters. I'm thinking one consideration could be that OGs make less than OTs, slot or not, could save a few bucks. I wouldn't chance it though. If one of the OTs slips, someone will trade up and take him. There's just too many teams that need help there.

I totally agree. If Seattle hadnt picked okung, I wouldve taken Williams at 13 Since they'd take bulaga most likely and only leave wiliams as the last top tier OT. B/c of seattles pick, i felt i could gamble that only one of the three teams behind me could trade away their pick, which still left one top tier OT left
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I totally agree. If Seattle hadnt picked okung, I wouldve taken Williams at 13 Since they'd take bulaga most likely and only leave wiliams as the last top tier OT. B/c of seattles pick, i felt i could gamble that only one of the three teams behind me could trade away their pick, which still left one top tier OT left

Your sneaky, Crazy.
Originally posted by mayo63:

Your sneaky, Crazy.

Like a fox!!!!

LOL, thanks. You couldn't believe how hard it was for me not to possibly pick up Spiller, Hughes, or Thomas. I know I went more with the need rather than BPA, but with such an improvement on our OL, it'll make our skill players even better.
I like Houston's pick of Spiller. Their zone-scheme will fit perfectly for Spiller and now will rival Indy for top team in the AFC South (and Houston has a much better defense IMO, just need a safety). Good job TX9R!
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I like Houston's pick of Spiller. Their zone-scheme will fit perfectly for Spiller and now will rival Indy for top team in the AFC South (and Houston has a much better defense IMO, just need a safety). Good job TX9R!

I like your picks as well. realistically though, I don't think Spiller will be there for Houston, safety could be an option, a DT who can rush the passer is a big need too, but I think they'll target Lamar Houston from Texas in the 3rd. If Spiller isn't there, I think they trade back and take Dwyer. They WILL take a RB in the first 2 rounds one way or another.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

I like your picks as well. realistically though, I don't think Spiller will be there for Houston, safety could be an option, a DT who can rush the passer is a big need too, but I think they'll target Lamar Houston from Texas in the 3rd. If Spiller isn't there, I think they trade back and take Dwyer. They WILL take a RB in the first 2 rounds one way or another.

They have to. Their offense is way too one-sided.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he did. Only team I see picking him up would be Seattle, but they have so many problems on the OL and DL, they can pick up a decent RB in the second. Cleveland has seen hints of talent in Harrison, Pitt invested in Mendenhall, we have Gore, Denver has Moreno, and Spiller isn't a top 5 pick so rule out DET and Tampa. Besides, I think he fits better in a zone-blocking offense.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

I wouldn't be too surprised if he did. Only team I see picking him up would be Seattle, but they have so many problems on the OL and DL, they can pick up a decent RB in the second. Cleveland has seen hints of talent in Harrison, Pitt invested in Mendenhall, we have Gore, Denver has Moreno, and Spiller isn't a top 5 pick so rule out DET and Tampa. Besides, I think he fits better in a zone-blocking offense.

Seattle is where I have him pegged. Carroll wants a solid running game and sees his Bush in the pros staring him in the face. I think he takes an OT, then Spiller, then an OG in the second. Unless a Dlineman slips, but they rarely do.
Originally posted by GEEK:
I am confused. If this is a 2 or 3 round mock, why did the Rams trade down with the Lions for a 4th round draft pick?

My guess is it just shows an acquired asset. Like at the end, if you were to review PTulini's work, you could say he still kept a top 2 pick and was able to add a 4th rounder for the team, even if he isn't using it.

Seattle is where I have him pegged. Carroll wants a solid running game and sees his Bush in the pros staring him in the face. I think he takes an OT, then Spiller, then an OG in the second. Unless a Dlineman slips, but they rarely do.

I could definitely see that. Do you think Carroll will try to make a 3-4 defense up in Seattle? Or run a 4-3 with an Elephant similar to what we did with Haley?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

I could definitely see that. Do you think Carroll will try to make a 3-4 defense up in Seattle? Or run a 4-3 with an Elephant similar to what we did with Haley?

I don't think he'd run a 3-4, I don't know that he ever has, and they don't really have any personnel in place to even try.
Share 49ersWebzone