There are 221 users in the forums

***Webzone favorite*** Mike Iupati

Webzone draft favourite from way back...

Randy Starks (aka Baker boy lol)
ill post this question here too.

is 6'6" to tall to be an OG in the NFL, i think they go as tall as 6'4"
just curious being that guards go up againts those 6'1" 6'3" DT .
will leverage be a problem. ive also heard that he mite be tried at RT.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
ill post this question here too.

is 6'6" to tall to be an OG in the NFL, i think they go as tall as 6'4"
just curious being that guards go up againts those 6'1" 6'3" DT .
will leverage be a problem. ive also heard that he mite be tried at RT.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Kevin Gogan was a RG for us standing at 6'7".
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I think Crabtree was one, there was an entire bandwagon thread on him.

That was me...

Hey PTulini! I am glad that Crabtree is a 49ers! Ur doin good job! Five High!
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
this guys is a fcking beast ! draft him with our 1st 1st !

He is damn good a football and didn't allow a sack! Wow.. I feel it that Iupati is very good a football..
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I think Crabtree was one, there was an entire bandwagon thread on him.

That was me...

Hey PTulini! I am glad that Crabtree is a 49ers! Ur doin good job! Five High!

five high to you too bro !
He is a favorite and a testament to this board being "ahead of the curve" as MD said it so well. Now the question is, where will he go? As it stands right now, the consensus on this kid is anywhere from really late first into the second. Not that they are the be all of draftdom, but many of the so-called "experts" don't even have him in the first.

Just how high can he leap over the next few months? I expect, like some have said here on the board, that he will be tried at OT in the Senior Bowl. Will he do well enough to garner value as an OT driving him toward mid first or will he stay at OG and be a mid twenties pick?

I see it being a call where team will qualify him as a potential LOT which would drive his stock up like Seattle at #14 for example.

No matter what, I think that this board is an anomaly of the draft world. We know just how valuable he and a ROT like Williams/Bulaga can be in the first. To be so high on a guard at this stage of the game say volumes about the way we think.

Way to go zone!

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Take him with our first pick, then Bulaga with our second pick. Just to play it safe.

If we took Iupati and either Williams or Bulaga in the first (in any order), I would be THRILLED.

Then we can address our other needs with FA and our other picks. There are likely to be great values in the second and third rounds at pass rusher and secondary and no need we have is more critical than fixing the Oline.
Personally I think that the Webzone has been pretty close to where the Niners have drafted since 2005, except for the Balmer pick. I thought the Davis, Lawson picks were predicted by the Zone. So I would suspect we will get pretty close to the picks the Mc will choose at least in the first 2-3 rounds. Then it will get dicey. So hopfully we will get 2-4 picks and then hopefully we will get 2-3 more impact players as well.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Take him with our first pick, then Bulaga with our second pick. Just to play it safe.

If we took Iupati and either Williams or Bulaga in the first (in any order), I would be THRILLED.

Then we can address our other needs with FA and our other picks. There are likely to be great values in the second and third rounds at pass rusher and secondary and no need we have is more critical than fixing the Oline.

If Gore can rush for over 1,000 yards with our bad/inconsistent o-line, can you imagine how much more productive he'll be if he add maulers like Iupati and Bulaga? I'm just hoping that the FO is thinking the same thing.

If Gore can rush for over 1,000 yards with our bad/inconsistent o-line, can you imagine how much more productive he'll be if he add maulers like Iupati and Bulaga? I'm just hoping that the FO is thinking the same thing.

It would be absurd. He might be MVP. Plus, imagine what our passing game would like like if our receivers actually had time to run their routes and our QB actually had time and comfort in the pocket instead of running for their life every other play.

It would be absurd. He might be MVP. Plus, imagine what our passing game would like like if our receivers actually had time to run their routes and our QB actually had time and comfort in the pocket instead of running for their life every other play.

Agreed. Taking two top offensive linemen in the draft could catapult our offense to at least top 15.

Maybe Scotty should secretly troll the board to develop his draft stratgies..

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Maybe Scotty should secretly troll the board to develop his draft stratgies..

Good thing he doesn't though. He would've lost his job already for drafting Carriker, Groves, and Gabe Watson.
I had a man crush on Everette Brown last year. A lot of folks on here did but then again a lot of people on here didn't.
Share 49ersWebzone