LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

List the top three player you DONT want to see us draft

Originally posted by solidg2000:
Taylor Mays is very underrated on these boards
part of it I believe is because he is a Trojan
Part of it i believe is because he doesn't have many INTs

I believe he will surprise people in the NFL
After saying that, I believe our second 1st would be good, depending on what we do in FA

Texans signed LB Darnell Bing, DE Pannel Egboh, C Brett Helms, DE Jesse Nading, and OG Adam Stenavich to futures contracts.
Only Nading spent time on the active roster in 2009, finishing with zero tackles in one appearance. Bing continues to struggle in his conversion from college safety to NFL outside linebacker. He's been doing it for four years.

link

Oh wait that is Darnell Bing news not Taylor Mays, I get them confused.
Mays
Kindle
Spiller
mays, tebow, mays
Alex
Smith
Originally posted by nj49erfan:
Originally posted by genus49:
How the hell can you not like Haden?

To each is own I guess but Clements won't always be here. If Haden falls he'd be a very good pick.

My guys.

1. Taylor Mays - I don't want us to even look at his name in the first round. The guy is all hype and didn't even have a good year, notably after 3 linebackers that played in front of him last year all went early in the draft last year and 2 were DROY candidates(1 won)

2. CJ Spiller - I know the webzone has the hots for him but I can't stand drafting backups in the first round. There are guys with similar skill sets available later in the draft

3. Tim Tebow - I don't want QB in the first no matter which it is but I could at least talk myself into liking the pick if it was one of the other guys. Tim is just too big a risk and not one we can take with so many other needs.

No one in this draft has similar skill sets. This kid is dynamic, fast and can play three different roles (RB/KR/WR) a la percy harvin except better natural runner. You should never leave talen on the board to tyr and fill a need. Bets player available and if he is on the board at 13 no way he wont be the best player availiable. Besdie not a back up when you are the starting kr/pr/third down back.

Anyway here is my three:
- Mike Iupati, Offensive Guard, Idaho. He's not a tackle and you shouldnt draft guards this high in round 1. Too many other needs.
- Earl Thomas, S, Texas. He's just not something we need right now. Goldson is developing fine. If anything we need a hard hitting back up SS and a good cover CB to take M. Lewis out on passing downs.
- Any OLB. Yeah i said it. We need offesne in Round 1. Thats why its got to be Spiller and an RT. Our defense is good. With the depth at QB, D-Line, Saftey and O-line there will be a solid pass rushing talent in Round 2 when we pick. Our defense was ranked 7th and our O was like 27th. Two first rounders need to be O!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAFT CJ SPILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you know Iupati can't play RT in the pros? The kid has arguable the best feet for a lineman in the draft, strong as an ox, and a real leader to his team. You say we dont need him because we have "too many other needs." Like what? O-lineman isn't a need? Yes we need a RT but interior line play has been widely inconsistent this year.
Originally posted by nj49erfan:
Originally posted by genus49:
How the hell can you not like Haden?

To each is own I guess but Clements won't always be here. If Haden falls he'd be a very good pick.

My guys.

1. Taylor Mays - I don't want us to even look at his name in the first round. The guy is all hype and didn't even have a good year, notably after 3 linebackers that played in front of him last year all went early in the draft last year and 2 were DROY candidates(1 won)

2. CJ Spiller - I know the webzone has the hots for him but I can't stand drafting backups in the first round. There are guys with similar skill sets available later in the draft

3. Tim Tebow - I don't want QB in the first no matter which it is but I could at least talk myself into liking the pick if it was one of the other guys. Tim is just too big a risk and not one we can take with so many other needs.

No one in this draft has similar skill sets. This kid is dynamic, fast and can play three different roles (RB/KR/WR) a la percy harvin except better natural runner. You should never leave talen on the board to tyr and fill a need. Bets player available and if he is on the board at 13 no way he wont be the best player availiable. Besdie not a back up when you are the starting kr/pr/third down back.

Anyway here is my three:
- Mike Iupati, Offensive Guard, Idaho. He's not a tackle and you shouldnt draft guards this high in round 1. Too many other needs.
- Earl Thomas, S, Texas. He's just not something we need right now. Goldson is developing fine. If anything we need a hard hitting back up SS and a good cover CB to take M. Lewis out on passing downs.
- Any OLB. Yeah i said it. We need offesne in Round 1. Thats why its got to be Spiller and an RT. Our defense is good. With the depth at QB, D-Line, Saftey and O-line there will be a solid pass rushing talent in Round 2 when we pick. Our defense was ranked 7th and our O was like 27th. Two first rounders need to be O!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAFT CJ SPILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we dont need offense. look at the baltimore ravens that won the super bowl. AMAZING defense, amazing offensive line.

who was the backup to jamal lewis? who was the 2nd wideout? no one remembers. they just remember the defense winning games and trent not losing games.

we dont need more impact players. we have 1 good wr 1 probowl rb and te and a qb whos managable.

we need a safety, another corner and lineman. thats all. maybe a ILB and a pass rush but i think brooks comes on strong next year and takes haralsons place.

to the topic:

spiller
mays
tebow
Share 49ersWebzone