Originally posted by nj49erfan:
Originally posted by genus49:
How the hell can you not like Haden?
To each is own I guess but Clements won't always be here. If Haden falls he'd be a very good pick.
1. Taylor Mays - I don't want us to even look at his name in the first round. The guy is all hype and didn't even have a good year, notably after 3 linebackers that played in front of him last year all went early in the draft last year and 2 were DROY candidates(1 won)
2. CJ Spiller - I know the webzone has the hots for him but I can't stand drafting backups in the first round. There are guys with similar skill sets available later in the draft
3. Tim Tebow - I don't want QB in the first no matter which it is but I could at least talk myself into liking the pick if it was one of the other guys. Tim is just too big a risk and not one we can take with so many other needs.
No one in this draft has similar skill sets. This kid is dynamic, fast and can play three different roles (RB/KR/WR) a la percy harvin except better natural runner. You should never leave talen on the board to tyr and fill a need. Bets player available and if he is on the board at 13 no way he wont be the best player availiable. Besdie not a back up when you are the starting kr/pr/third down back.
Anyway here is my three:
- Mike Iupati, Offensive Guard, Idaho. He's not a tackle and you shouldnt draft guards this high in round 1. Too many other needs.
- Earl Thomas, S, Texas. He's just not something we need right now. Goldson is developing fine. If anything we need a hard hitting back up SS and a good cover CB to take M. Lewis out on passing downs.
- Any OLB. Yeah i said it. We need offesne in Round 1. Thats why its got to be Spiller and an RT. Our defense is good. With the depth at QB, D-Line, Saftey and O-line there will be a solid pass rushing talent in Round 2 when we pick. Our defense was ranked 7th and our O was like 27th. Two first rounders need to be O!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAFT CJ SPILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we dont need offense. look at the baltimore ravens that won the super bowl. AMAZING defense, amazing offensive line.
who was the backup to jamal lewis? who was the 2nd wideout? no one remembers. they just remember the defense winning games and trent not losing games.
we dont need more impact players. we have 1 good wr 1 probowl rb and te and a qb whos managable.
we need a safety, another corner and lineman. thats all. maybe a ILB and a pass rush but i think brooks comes on strong next year and takes haralsons place.
to the topic: