LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Celebrate: A New OTC Mock is Here.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'd rather get a profilic pass rusher than a guard with our 2nd first rounder. Quality interior lineman can be had at any time in the draft.

Lupati would solidify our line for years to come and would have us saying, "Dockett who ?"
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
I like Reshad Jones.

We HAVE to draft him just based off of this video. Whenever you get an awesome tackle like this against LSU, you know that player is going to be a star.

I love this guy. That looks exactly like that P-willie hit against LSU.

And to the other video, that hit was crazy. He would bring some much needed nastyness and swag to our D.
My goodness OTC, I come back and get an nice treat waiting for me. I, witnessing first hand on vids without knowing too much on Iupati, could see how much Iupati made an impact on the field throwing players around. I haven't seen play like that in a long time.

Your first two picks have been my dream where Iupatil replaces Spiller as my pick and that says alot knowing my love for RS in the first...LOL. As most now on this board, Iupatil has grown dear to my heart as a viable pick even if he's an OG. Still OTC, aren't we fortunate to have that extra pick now?

After thinking much about it, I believe that Singletary will want Iupati and at #!3, it seems wise to pick him as there is a strong chance Seattle maybe hoping we say I want Williams first. Seattle at #14 will be a deciding factor for our picks based on who they select first earlier. I believe we will have to heavily consider what Seattle will do will that #14 pick. As a result, I think it would be prudent to pick Iupati with #13 and take the best available OT at #16.

Now that Carroll comes to the West, he wants a QB and a LOT. I don't think he would want Williams over Bulaga or Campbell because the two latter players project more as LT providing better value. Seattle may value Iupati as LOT. Therefore, take Iupati with #13. Am I off on this reasoning?

Williams, as a result of his pigeon-toed RT status, may be available at #16/17. Still, I believe those two are perfect for what we need. The other priority is the ST RS. The second round seems to me a place where the team may want to invest on 1st round talent at either of these three positions: WR, RB, or CB. I think that they can get a RS in one of those three areas that would provide depth and versatility especially since there seems to be many RS in the second round who qualify like Arenas, Gliyard, Best, etc who would be 1st rounders in other drafts.

Do you think so OTC? Two OLs and a play-maker in the first three picks. Makes sense doesn't it?

I love this draft and would be waiting so impatiently for minis and OTCs.

As always, awesome!

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
I like Reshad Jones.

We HAVE to draft him just based off of this video. Whenever you get an awesome tackle like this against LSU, you know that player is going to be a star.

I love this guy. That looks exactly like that P-willie hit against LSU.

And to the other video, that hit was crazy. He would bring some much needed nastyness and swag to our D.

Yup I was joking about that on the 2nd part of my comment.

I didn't know about this guy until I saw this thread but he looks like a ballhawk. Of course I need to watch more than 5 Youtube vids haha.

[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Jan 10, 2010 at 22:38:56 ]
I forgot Willis' number was 49 in college, that's how I knew he was destined to be a 49er
In all fairness, if Iupati does grade out as well as those other guards taken in the top 20, then I think he would be a great pick for our 2nd 1st rounder. It's sad seeing as we've spent really high draft picks on guards already, but I guess that's the way it goes. I guess one thing I wonder about is Iupati's mental grasp of the game and understanding schemes and such.
I watched the Humaitarian Bowl for the second time yesterday and my colours are firmly nailed to the Iupati post. Going to get 2-3 more Idaho games from the season just gone very soon, but I loved what I saw, there's no question in my mind that if I was calling the shots, I take him with our first 1st round pick and worry about the 2nd after.

My dream scenario:
R1a - Iupati
R1b - Bulaga or Campbell
R2 - Best.

Singletary and Scotty know they have to get this draft right, no failures and instant starters and strengthening throughout, with TC battles everywhere.
From .500 after 7 years of below .500 there should only be one way to go!

As Yazz and the plastic population once sang
"The Only Way is Up"
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:
I watched the Humaitarian Bowl for the second time yesterday and my colours are firmly nailed to the Iupati post. Going to get 2-3 more Idaho games from the season just gone very soon, but I loved what I saw, there's no question in my mind that if I was calling the shots, I take him with our first 1st round pick and worry about the 2nd after.

My dream scenario:
R1a - Iupati
R1b - Bulaga or Campbell
R2 - Best.

Singletary and Scotty know they have to get this draft right, no failures and instant starters and strengthening throughout, with TC battles everywhere.
From .500 after 7 years of below .500 there should only be one way to go!

As Yazz and the plastic population once sang
"The Only Way is Up"

I would be thrilled to land Iupati and Bulaga.

I would also be thrilled to land Iupati, the best pass-rusher, and then OT Jason Fox in the 2nd. If he recovers well from the injury, he won't fall. But if those shoulder questions remained, Fox could be a guy that due to those injury concerns may slide down into the 4th or 5th. I'm doubtful that'll happen, but we've seen it before with individuals like Jamon Meredith last year.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 12, 2010 at 17:37:35 ]
Those first 2 picks would satisfy me for sure,I like Dexter M as a returner as well though!
Originally posted by Mister49:
Those first 2 picks would satisfy me for sure,I like Dexter M as a returner as well though!

I think too many people have McCluster hopes. I feel I can guarantee you Scot won't draft Dexter. History tells us that Scot likes size and speed combinations -- or just size rather than just sheer speed -- about 95% of the time.

49ers will have their sights set on a Dual threat DB or WR.

McCluster has yet to show if he could actually be returner (no experience, but we'll have to see if they try him there in the Senior Bowl.)

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 12, 2010 at 19:43:21 ]

OTC, what about Stuckey at the R2 S pick?
I really hope your right and we draft 3 OL in the first 3 rounds along with a S. If that happens then we need to sign a veteran OL IMO even if it's Pashos as you mentioned. I would really like at least 1 big time player like Peppers/Mankins/Cribbs even R.Bush wouldn't be bad.
Originally posted by Reckless:
OTC, what about Stuckey at the R2 S pick?

I wouldn't dislike Stuckey, I simply prefer Jones, because while Reshad is also a SS, Jones has the athleticism to play either spot, has better size to match up against more physical receivers, and also has a smoother and more natural backpedal than Stuckey does.

Stuckey is a great, high character guy who is going to give you his best, but at the same time scouts question his strength as he can get run over by bigger players at times, or just let them fly right through his arms when you'd think he should've been able to make the tackle. At the very least, he'd be an outstanding special teamer early on, and eventually could develop into a starter. I think he goes in the 3rd round.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 13, 2010 at 08:47:58 ]
OTC, what do you think about WR Preston Parker out of Northern Alabama? I remember watching him when he was at FSU and seemed like he could develop into an electric player on offense. Off-field issues landed him in N. Alabama I think though.
Originally posted by HomerJ:
OTC, what do you think about WR Preston Parker out of Northern Alabama? I remember watching him when he was at FSU and seemed like he could develop into an electric player on offense. Off-field issues landed him in N. Alabama I think though.

Those off field issues and lack of production will assure him of not being drafted in a deep draft like this. He'll be an UDFA.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 13, 2010 at 09:42:09 ]
Share 49ersWebzone