There are 210 users in the forums

Celebrate: A New OTC Mock is Here.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'd rather get a profilic pass rusher than a guard with our 2nd first rounder. Quality interior lineman can be had at any time in the draft.

Not at Iupati's level. Iupati may be the best prospect we've seen in the past decade. BPA, my friend.

Iupati grades out higher then Spiller?

Talking only about Guards.

But you pointed out BPA, which goes back to my question doesn't Spiller grade out higher? I have no issues with Iupati and like the pick but BPA is BPA.
If memory serves Reshad Jones is a FS, not a SS. Why not go after a true SS as opposed to a FS that has to be "converted"?

No, Bryan Evans is Georgia's FS.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Thoughts OTC:

1. I think McCloughan may shy away from a guy like Jones since he's more raw compared to a guy like T.J. Ward. With the bust in Reggie Smith, a guy like Ward may be a better fit to take on Roman's job of both FS and SS.

2. Brandon Carter - while I like the player, I think McCloughan believes that the combination of Snyder and Boone will at least land some role player. Unless we s**t can Baas, Wragge, and/or Wallace, I don't see us taking a guard in round 4 AFTER getting Iupati, and putting Baas at RG. Overkill in my opinion.

Other than that, I think you hit the nail on the head with the draft. I still take credit for putting O'Brien Schofield in my mock first .
I'd rather get a profilic pass rusher than a guard with our 2nd first rounder. Quality interior lineman can be had at any time in the draft.

Not at Iupati's level. Iupati may be the best prospect we've seen in the past decade. BPA, my friend.

But you pointed out BPA, which goes back to my question doesn't Spiller grade out higher? I have no issues with Iupati and like the pick but BPA is BPA.

I don't think Spiller will be graded higher than Trent Williams by Scot, which is why I don't have him being selected at #13 -- And I don't think he will last to our next pick. If he's not drafted before #13 by some other team, Seattle will likely take him at #14.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Thoughts OTC:

1. I think McCloughan may shy away from a guy like Jones since he's more raw compared to a guy like T.J. Ward. With the bust in Reggie Smith, a guy like Ward may be a better fit to take on Roman's job of both FS and SS.

2. Brandon Carter - while I like the player, I think McCloughan believes that the combination of Snyder and Boone will at least land some role player. Unless we s**t can Baas, Wragge, and/or Wallace, I don't see us taking a guard in round 4 AFTER getting Iupati, and putting Baas at RG. Overkill in my opinion.

Other than that, I think you hit the nail on the head with the draft. I still take credit for putting O'Brien Schofield in my mock first .

1. I think it may ultimately come down to who he believes is the better athlete with higher ceiling.

2. If you noticed my "quick-look depth chart" you see I don't have us retaining Baas or Wallace, thus the pick of Carter.

3. You may have put him in your mock first, but I'll take credit for mentioning him first. http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=129999 vs. http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=131629&highlight=schofield
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Absolutely LOVE the first three rounds, and I'll take your word for the rest.

This I agree with. Great job OTC!
A+ draft OTC !!!! For all the whiners that say we would be taking too many OL: If this draft plays out the way OTC envisions, this will be the last time we need OL for the next 5 - 10 years.

Speedy playmakers will always be available in every draft. We can wait 1 more year since we have a few already.

[ Edited by kronik on Jan 9, 2010 at 12:34:04 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like it, Clock. This is similar to how my mock would look. Get Williams and Iupati and we're set on the OL for the next 10 years.
That draft would certainly take away the whining about O-Line, wouldn't it.
Sadly your first consideration is out the window with Foerster being retained.

I like all the OL picks, but who is going to coach them up? Foerster?

Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Sadly your first consideration is out the window with Foerster being retained.

I like all the OL picks, but who is going to coach them up? Foerster?

Maybe u need to read the beginning of his post (Greg Roman)

[ Edited by kronik on Jan 9, 2010 at 13:10:26 ]
If memory serves Reshad Jones is a FS, not a SS. Why not go after a true SS as opposed to a FS that has to be "converted"?

Cause if we moved Goldson to SS and had this kid at FS our D would be insane.

I don't think Spiller will be graded higher than Trent Williams by Scot, which is why I don't have him being selected at #13 -- And I don't think he will last to our next pick. If he's not drafted before #13 by some other team, Seattle will likely take him at #14.

I agree about Williams vs Spiller 100%. But if Spiller is still available at 16 or 17 along with Iupati who would you pick........?
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

Very true but the question is what do they coaches want.....we all speculate on here obviously but would Goldson really be moved?
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

Very true but the question is what do they coaches want.....we all speculate on here obviously but would Goldson really be moved?

How is Reshard Jones not a SS? If he gains 8 lbs of muscle, he is at a prototypical SS size for the NFL. OTC lists him at 6-2 212 lbs. Much bigger than Goldson when he was drafted. He is much bigger than Earl Thomas who alot of posters seem to love.

We may be in the minority, but I agree with you on keeping Goldson as a FS. I have no doubts Jones can gain 8 lbs of muscle within the next year or 2.

[ Edited by kronik on Jan 9, 2010 at 13:39:26 ]
Share 49ersWebzone