LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Bleacher Report 1st round mock 1-9-10

Fun and interesting article by Daniel Wolf.

By the way, I am happy that the Raiders are drafting in front of the 49ers again this year, as Al Davis will reach for someone and drop someone to us!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/322520-2010-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-non-playoff-teams-only-pre-nfl-combine
Sorry this dude lost it with Clausen as #1. I din't even bother to read the rest.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Sorry this dude lost it with Clausen as #1. I din't even bother to read the rest.

Clausen has a legit chance to go number 1. Suh might be the best player but the Rams need a face of the franchise and a QB. The Lions took Stafford over 2 guys who were rated higher by most (Smith & Curry) and the Falcons took Ryan over what most assumed would be Glenn Dorsey. After passing on Sanchez last year, it's going to be hard for St.Louis to pass on Clausen or Bradford as they may not get another chance to draft an elite QB prospect and the FA market has slim pickings. Unless they can somehow trade for a proven commodity at QB they will take a long hard look at the top 2 QB's.

I will be far from surprised if the first name called on Draft Day is Clausen or Bradford and not Suh.
OK, but Tebow #8? I guess we should all put "Senior Analyst" after our names.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I can't get the page to load, who has he got us taking?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:

Haden and Bulaga
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Haden and Bulaga

Thanks, those are two good picks.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Clausen has a legit chance to go number 1. Suh might be the best player but the Rams need a face of the franchise and a QB. The Lions took Stafford over 2 guys who were rated higher by most (Smith & Curry) and the Falcons took Ryan over what most assumed would be Glenn Dorsey. After passing on Sanchez last year, it's going to be hard for St.Louis to pass on Clausen or Bradford as they may not get another chance to draft an elite QB prospect and the FA market has slim pickings. Unless they can somehow trade for a proven commodity at QB they will take a long hard look at the top 2 QB's.

I will be far from surprised if the first name called on Draft Day is Clausen or Bradford and not Suh.

Exactly what I think they'll do as well.
If the rams are smart then they will either pick up a QB in FA or they will trade out of the #1 spot. There just isn't value at #1 for QB. Heck, I think they could easily package their 2nd and 3rd to move back up into the first for Tebow.
I like that draft

not to mention no Rolando in his top 20. Tebow being drafted by anyone other than the Jags in the first is a joke too.

If you can get the number 1 pick, try clicking on arrows in upper left to get 2 thru 20.
Some of the selections in this mock are retarded, (raiders drafting Tebow with the 8th ...

But if we ended up with Haden and Bulaga it would be a good draft for us.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by joey82:
If the rams are smart then they will either pick up a QB in FA or they will trade out of the #1 spot. There just isn't value at #1 for QB. Heck, I think they could easily package their 2nd and 3rd to move back up into the first for Tebow.

And sign who ? Patrick Ramsey ? Culpepper ? Pennington ? Grossman ? Kitna ? Cause those are the most known UFA's at QB.

Trade back ? Small possibility considering Suh's current draft stock however it's possible they won't get great value for it. Who will jump up for Suh though ? Likely only Tampa Bay I'd think but you also have to factor in that if they really like 1 of the top 2 QB's much better than the other it could be a gamble as what's to stop Washington, Seattle, Cleveland or Buffalo from trying to jump into the #2 spot and take said QB from under their nose.

Originally posted by walker807:
not to mention no Rolando in his top 20. Tebow being drafted by anyone other than the Jags in the first is a joke too.

Actually it's not a joke, and it's so early in the offseason that it's still conceivable. He could raise his stock, there is that possibility. All it takes is for him to wow 1 team, just 1 and they may overvalue him and reach.

I have Bradford at #1
Share 49ersWebzone