Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

FIRST THREE PICKS

• GORO
  • Veteran
#13 Earl Thomas S Texas

# 16 Brian Buluga OT Iowa

# 49 A.J. Shipley WR Texas

Most of us want to draft an OT at #13 but with Earl Thomas available, the Niners would be wise to select him and then select the next OT left on the board at #16 or #17. Shipley gives us another young Wr, but he can return kicks while he works his way up the depth chart.
Originally posted by GORO:
#13 Earl Thomas S Texas

# 16 Brian Buluga OT Iowa

# 49 A.J. Shipley WR Texas

Most of us want to draft an OT at #13 but with Earl Thomas available, the Niners would be wise to select him and then select the next OT left on the board at #16 or #17. Shipley gives us another young Wr, but he can return kicks while he works his way up the depth chart.

If we get Buluga in the draft I like that draft. Earl Thomas is pretty good but I seriously doubt he goes top 13. And if he did somebody is reaching IMO. I think he is available between #25 - #40. Late first to early 2nd. We don't need Shipley at #49. I don't think he will be our pick there. Although he does have some skills.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Scout Inc. on ESPN has EARL THOMAS listed at #12.

While Mel Kiper said this in his 2010 DRAFT PREVIEW;

He is the complete package at the saftey position. In coverage he's like having another corner on the field. He does a great job of reading the quarterback and has terrific ball skill (6) interceptions. He's also a very good tackler and is at his best in big games.

In summary; This guy if available at #13 will be hard to pass up.

He is the complete package at the saftey position. In coverage he's like having another corner on the field. He does a great job of reading the quarterback and has terrific ball skill (6) interceptions. He's also a very good tackler and is at his best in big games.

I don't like him that much and IMO the need for Safety is somewhat overstated on this board.

Our needs our these.

1) OT
2) OG
3) KR/PR
4) CB
5) WR - yes we could use another one alongside Crabtree. Crabtree is the only real threat out there.
6) OLB - pass rusher. This is somewhat better with Brooks and Manny playing well this year. Better than I expected.
7) S - sure Safety is something we could look at. But Goldson and Lewis are more than capable for now.
I like Earl Thomas. I'm down with him and an offensive lineman in the draft
Don't like those for first three picks
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Don't like those for first three picks

This.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I don't like him that much and IMO the need for Safety is somewhat overstated on this board.

Our needs our these.

1) OT
2) OG
3) KR/PR
4) CB
5) WR - yes we could use another one alongside Crabtree. Crabtree is the only real threat out there.
6) OLB - pass rusher. This is somewhat better with Brooks and Manny playing well this year. Better than I expected.
7) S - sure Safety is something we could look at. But Goldson and Lewis are more than capable for now.

I agree with your assessment of the team, but with Michael Lewis having concussions and both Curtis taylor and Reggie Smith having been injured alot last season, if a playmaker is there they have to consider it.
FA:

Sign Logan Mankins in FA

Draft:

1. Terrance Cody, NT

2. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

***trade up to latter part of first round

3. Anthony Davis, OT

Our needs our these.

1) OT
2) OG
3) KR/PR
4) CB

See, I would combine CB and S and call it "Secondary", which definitely needs an improvement. Which is why I support Thomas, or drafting Joe Haden if he's available at #13.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sspiker:

Our needs our these.

1) OT
2) OG
3) KR/PR
4) CB

See, I would combine CB and S and call it "Secondary", which definitely needs an improvement. Which is why I support Thomas, or drafting Joe Haden if he's available at #13.

JOE HADEN if available will be cause for discussion.
Originally posted by bigwads:
FA:

Sign Logan Mankins in FA

Draft:

1. Terrance Cody, NT

2. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

***trade up to latter part of first round

3. Anthony Davis, OT

What are you smoking? Mankins will be tough to sign, Cody is a two down player only, and Davis will not make it out of the top 20 after his combine workouts.
Wow that's some hilarious stuff in this thread...

Anthony Davis in the 2nd round? What's he getting arrested for? That's the only way he's getting out of the first round.

Earl Thomas with #13 and Shipley in the 2nd....who do I donate my organs to after I blow my brains out? OP doesn't happen to be a Texas fan does he?
Shipley is a reach in my opinion at the pick. If we were able to address the oline in free agency then I guess this would work.