There are 155 users in the forums

I Got It! The answer to our two first rounders!

All you guys need to know is, IF we do not Draft 0-line with our first 2 picks we are ganna have problems
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
All you guys need to know is, IF we do not Draft 0-line with our first 2 picks we are ganna have problems

Not really my friend because we could get the og from alabama did you see the holes he opened against texas the other day? and we could get the tackle from usc in the third round so there is good lineman in this draft for the first 4 rounds at least.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by AC49er:
And how is that going to help Gore get 2000 yards or Smith dropping back to pass

I guess it would help our goal line offense, when you line up Cody as FB to "flatten the way".

Other than that I can't think of how it would help Frank.

lol
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by AC49er:
And how is that going to help Gore get 2000 yards or Smith dropping back to pass

I guess it would help our goal line offense, when you line up Cody as FB to "flatten the way".

Other than that I can't think of how it would help Frank.

lol

good my friend good
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
Originally posted by pwilly52:
What you hillbillies do not understand is Defense wins Championships! I thought I was talking to some guys who saw Alabama win the national championship with their quaterback throwing for 58yds! Even Alex Smith could have won that Game! How about you guys start to massage your temples and ask the Lord for common sense! Go ahead give it a try.

Yes, defense wins championships, but it doesn't hurt to have a competent offense. Just because a team could win with their quarterback throwing only 58 yards (a BS argument because Alabama's running game produced 205 yards with 4 touchdowns, so it's not like their offense did nothing) doesn't mean that it would happen in the pros. There is a big difference between pro football and college ball. To win in the pros, you need a good offense and defense. Without a good O-line, it is hard move the ball, and it is hard to score points. Drafting defense, ESPECIALLY at positions where we are set, in the first round when the best players are available wouldn't help our biggest need, the O-line, and would be down right retarded. You, sir, fail at drafting.

Also the whole "Alex could even beat [insert college team here]" is freaking stupid because there is, to reiterate, a HUGE difference between college and pros. Jamarcus Russell could've beaten Texas. The 0-16 Lions could've beaten Texas. Pro players are better then college players, which is why they're pro. That argument is stupid.

You say there is a big difference between pro-football and college well let's take a look at that statement, because the ravens just proved you wrong and me right! did you see how they jumped out all over the patriots and that was because in the first qtr the ravens got 3 turnovers 2ints, 1fumble and the game was over before it even got started. Sing got it right to want a strong running game and a dominate defense!

Right now it sounds like your questioning the fact that there is a difference between college and the pros . Also take a look at the Packers and Cardinals game. 51-45. That's 96 combined points. Granted Arizona did score the winning touchdown on a turnover, Green Bay got back into the game because of their offense. The point is that BOTH sides of the ball win games. You obviously didn't read what I wrote because I acknowledged both.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
What you hillbillies do not understand is Defense wins Championships! I thought I was talking to some guys who saw Alabama win the national championship with their quaterback throwing for 58yds! Even Alex Smith could have won that Game! How about you guys start to massage your temples and ask the Lord for common sense! Go ahead give it a try.

You totally don't get it! It's so obvious the teams glaring weakness right now is at the oline. The Dline is one of the strengths of the team this year: Top 5 in rushing yards allowed and top 5 in sacks. Franklin, Willis, and Spikes is probably the best 3-4 inside combination right now.

When the offense starts moving the ball and converting 3rd downs, that will also help the defense.

Stop talking out of your a$$.

Dude I am talking about the 1st round of the draft! I don't know if you are familiar with the draft but their are more than one round! Plus we should target getting our OL help in free agency and get the best defensive players in the 1st round. Kinda makes sense now that I've forced you to think huh?

What the hell is your point? You're going around in circles here. First you address the first round, and now you're addressing the entire draft. WTF? Do us all a favor and and review the premise of your statement and explain it better.

I am addressing the entire draft because we are participating in the entire draft duh! Plus you guys have to understand that we can not solve all of our problems in the first round. If we got a chance to make our defense special then do it with the Alabama connection. Plus our defense was not as good as the stats showed consistently. Just look at the games we lost when we should have won them, like the Seattle, Titans, and the texans. need I say more!

Since when did any of us say that we can solve all the teams problems in the first round? No one. You assumed we did.

Secondly, our defense WAS really THAT good. The overall number just don't show it because we couldn't maintain offensive drives long enough to keep the defense off the field. Failing on all those 3rd and shorts added up on the yardage that the defense allowed. Shoring up the oline will allow us to convert on those 3rd and shorts and keep the defense from giving up yards and ultimately keeping them fresh.

Let's go deeper:

So you pick up Mt. Cody, then who goes to the bench? Sopoaga? Franklin? Neither! They're both very stout against the run. Another problem is Cody is a two-down player. We've got THREE of those in Sopoaga, Franklin, and Balmer. You expect a 1st rounder to be a starter who can play all three downs.

McLain is a good pickup, but at the expense of being able to pick a player who can help the offense convert those 3rd and shorts. Picking up McClain will also not suit the defense well since McClain is more of a Mike LB rather than a Ted LB. We've already got Willis playing McClain's position.

These two players are considered "luxury picks" where you are taking players for depth at positions that are already deep in talent. The Oline is such a problem that you cannot simply ignore it. We basically have two consistent players on a five-man unit. Therefore, there are potentially three glaring holes in those positions. You would have to be an idiot not to address those problems.

Of course, if you knew anything about football you would have known that...

You totally don't get it! It's so obvious the teams glaring weakness right now is at the oline. The Dline is one of the strengths of the team this year: Top 5 in rushing yards allowed and top 5 in sacks. Franklin, Willis, and Spikes is probably the best 3-4 inside combination right now.

When the offense starts moving the ball and converting 3rd downs, that will also help the defense.

Stop talking out of your a$$.

Dude I am talking about the 1st round of the draft! I don't know if you are familiar with the draft but their are more than one round! Plus we should target getting our OL help in free agency and get the best defensive players in the 1st round. Kinda makes sense now that I've forced you to think huh?

What the hell is your point? You're going around in circles here. First you address the first round, and now you're addressing the entire draft. WTF? Do us all a favor and and review the premise of your statement and explain it better.

I am addressing the entire draft because we are participating in the entire draft duh! Plus you guys have to understand that we can not solve all of our problems in the first round. If we got a chance to make our defense special then do it with the Alabama connection. Plus our defense was not as good as the stats showed consistently. Just look at the games we lost when we should have won them, like the Seattle, Titans, and the texans. need I say more!

Since when did any of us say that we can solve all the teams problems in the first round? No one. You assumed we did.

Secondly, our defense WAS really THAT good. The overall number just don't show it because we couldn't maintain offensive drives long enough to keep the defense off the field. Failing on all those 3rd and shorts added up on the yardage that the defense allowed. Shoring up the oline will allow us to convert on those 3rd and shorts and keep the defense from giving up yards and ultimately keeping them fresh.

Let's go deeper:

So you pick up Mt. Cody, then who goes to the bench? Sopoaga? Franklin? Neither! They're both very stout against the run. Another problem is Cody is a two-down player. We've got THREE of those in Sopoaga, Franklin, and Balmer. You expect a 1st rounder to be a starter who can play all three downs.

McLain is a good pickup, but at the expense of being able to pick a player who can help the offense convert those 3rd and shorts. Picking up McClain will also not suit the defense well since McClain is more of a Mike LB rather than a Ted LB. We've already got Willis playing McClain's position.

These two players are considered "luxury picks" where you are taking players for depth at positions that are already deep in talent. The Oline is such a problem that you cannot simply ignore it. We basically have two consistent players on a five-man unit. Therefore, there are potentially three glaring holes in those positions. You would have to be an idiot not to address those problems.

Of course, if you knew anything about football you would have known that...

I would bench sop because he is the weak link to our down lineman. Cody would lock down that front seven against the run and free up willis and Mcclain. Plus balmer is our defensive version of alex smith. Flop pooyey. Just terrible draft picks. In every game yesterday defense won the game. Even in the packers and tards game! Fellas when we come to grips with that notion and get a dominant offensive line then we could win with alex smith. Did you see the ravens won with joe flacco throwing for 34yds in the whole game. And some of you guys don't think defense can win games for you? Listen and learn!

I would bench sop because he is the weak link to our down lineman. Cody would lock down that front seven against the run and free up willis and Mcclain. Plus balmer is our defensive version of alex smith. Flop pooyey. Just terrible draft picks. In every game yesterday defense won the game. Even in the packers and tards game! Fellas when we come to grips with that notion and get a dominant offensive line then we could win with alex smith. Did you see the ravens won with joe flacco throwing for 34yds in the whole game. And some of you guys don't think defense can win games for you? Listen and learn!
yeah, how could I forget about our big weakness in d-line...sopoaga...right.
the ravens only won this game because the pats didnt want to win it. ravens' defense looked good just because of the horrible pats' performance; I think that even the broncos, with their bad defense, won that game yesterday. IF the ravens can stop the colts, we can discuss your theory for a second time.

you argue with the fact that the o-line made a mistake which lead to a rodgers fault...please, dont forget the final score. neither the cards nor the packers defense made a good job yesterday. the defensive TD in OT doenst hide that fact.
Originally posted by communist:

the ravens only won this game because the pats didnt want to win it. ravens' defense looked good just because of the horrible pats' performance; I think that even the broncos, with their bad defense, won that game yesterday. IF the ravens can stop the colts, we can discuss your theory for a second time.

you argue with the fact that the o-line made a mistake which lead to a rodgers fault...please, dont forget the final score. neither the cards nor the packers defense made a good job yesterday. the defensive TD in OT doenst hide that fact.

It's obvious to me that this guy doesn't know football and the nuances that are needed to create a WHOLE team and not just the defensive side of the football like he's been clamoring. He's either a 12-year old football guru wanna-be or a troll. Either way...
Originally posted by communist:

It's obvious to me that this guy doesn't know football and the nuances that are needed to create a WHOLE team and not just the defensive side of the football like he's been clamoring. He's either a 12-year old football guru wanna-be or a troll. Either way...

Hey buddy I'm not 12yrs old or a troll but I am a football junky! I mean if you guys are hell bent on keeping alex smith then you have to build a strong running game through the oline and a dominant defense then you win a championship!

Share 49ersWebzone