LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Snead enters draft

Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by TX9R:

None of those guys had the physical tools that Snead has. Freeman wasn't too good coming out numbers-wise but physically he has it all and he went in the top 20. I could see Minnesota taking him in hopes he can sit one year behind Favre. Trust me, someone will reach on him, he'll go top 50.

Buffalo needs a QB too, and they might grab him in the 2nd.

I can't believe he's coming out--his stock would be much improved if he stayed in one more year and did well.

That's probably one of the reasons he decided to fore go his senior year. If he stayed one more year and played worse than he did this year, his stock would fall even more. At least now, if he performed well in the combine, he could at least get selected in the 2nd.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

None of those guys had the physical tools that Snead has. Freeman wasn't too good coming out numbers-wise but physically he has it all and he went in the top 20. I could see Minnesota taking him in hopes he can sit one year behind Favre. Trust me, someone will reach on him, he'll go top 50.

I can't believe he's coming out--his stock would be much improved if he stayed in one more year and did well.

That's probably one of the reasons he decided to fore go his senior year. If he stayed one more year and played worse than he did this year, his stock would fall even more. At least now, if he performed well in the combine, he could at least get selected in the 2nd.

True but i'm nost srue he could've played much worse. Yea this guy didn't impress me at all this season. TX9R makes a good point comparing him to Freeman
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by strickac:
Someone will snag him in the 2nd, with the intention of letting him sit and learn for a few years.

Why would someone want to waste a 2nd round pick on a squatter?

For the same reason guys like Beck, Brohm, Henne and Pat White were selected. Teams like to have an answer for the future.

True, but he could have been top 10 next year if he pulled together a decent senior season.

I don't think this was the right decision for him.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:

True. Brohm was projected top 10 his Jr came back and went much later, Painter in a similar position. Again, there could be a lock out and/or a rookie salary cap if he waits another year. He's taking the sure money instead of rolling the dice. I can't blame him there.
One thing for sure there is always a qb that pops up and just starts rising up the draft board for unknown reasons.
It could work out for him. Get drafted by a solid or playoff team in the 3rd rd that develops him the right way and long term he can end up getting a big contract after his rookie deal.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
i wouldn't touch him before the 4th round... any QB that cant complete more then 56% of his passes and coming off the year he had... no reason to take a chance on him
apart from jcool ^^^ would anyone take him in the 3rd?

He could of just had a bad year, if he has the potential he could sit and learn. We would be more likely to hit (should Alex not work out) if we have Nate and Snead. If Nate works out then great, I would lose a 3rd and a 5th for a top QB or if Snead hits we would have a good QB for a 3rd. Bearing in mind how often we have missed with third rounds we might as well take a shot (obv ignoring Gore)

This scenario is a very pessimistic one, should Alex not be the QB of the future, something of which I am still unsure
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
"Ole Miss QB Jevan Snead will enter the 2010 NFL Draft. A major mistake for the most overrated QB in college football."
- Chris Steuber, Scout.com
Originally posted by mayo63:
Wow, he needs another year.

Snead needs two or more.

Watch him go undrafted
Share 49ersWebzone