LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

Snead enters draft

according to ESPN breaking news on sportscenter.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4805195
Bad decision, IMO.

This was a terrible year for him. I wonder if the CBA/rookie cap played into this. He'll get drafted earlier than he should because of his strong arm, but it seems unlikely that he'd go within the top 40 picks.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Wow, he needs another year.
He looks like someone who's not getting drafted. He played awful this year.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
what is he thinking? lol
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
He's got the physical intangibles, but needs to improve of his mental lapses on the field.

He can make up ground in the individual workouts.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
iT'S DEFINATELY DUE TO THE cba. He reminds me of Cutler, strong arm, bad decisions. I can see him going in the 2nd to a team that maybe already has a good QB. If he sits a few years he could be good, but if he goes to a team that expects more than that I see another Drukenmiller.
Someone will snag him in the 2nd, with the intention of letting him sit and learn for a few years.
Originally posted by strickac:
Someone will snag him in the 2nd, with the intention of letting him sit and learn for a few years.

Why would someone want to waste a 2nd round pick on a squatter?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, from what if seen of Snead - he's not very good.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

For the same reason guys like Beck, Brohm, Henne and Pat White were selected. Teams like to have an answer for the future.
I thought for sure that Cotton Bowl debacle would have convinced him to stay . . . unless he thinks his Coaches won't be doing him any favors next year.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

For the same reason guys like Beck, Brohm, Henne and Pat White were selected. Teams like to have an answer for the future.

None of those guys had the physical tools that Snead has. Freeman wasn't too good coming out numbers-wise but physically he has it all and he went in the top 20. I could see Minnesota taking him in hopes he can sit one year behind Favre. Trust me, someone will reach on him, he'll go top 50.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TX9R:

None of those guys had the physical tools that Snead has. Freeman wasn't too good coming out numbers-wise but physically he has it all and he went in the top 20. I could see Minnesota taking him in hopes he can sit one year behind Favre. Trust me, someone will reach on him, he'll go top 50.

Buffalo needs a QB too, and they might grab him in the 2nd.

I can't believe he's coming out--his stock would be much improved if he stayed in one more year and did well.
Share 49ersWebzone