There are 272 users in the forums

Trade our two 1st's for Ndamukong?

Trade our two 1st's for Ndamukong?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by kronik:
I don't think he's big enough to play as a nose tackle in a 3-4.

It'd be nice to have him but not at the cost of going thru next season with the same OL.

Anyways, there is a counter to Suh. His name is Iupati.

LOL at the Iupati hype around here.

Don't you dare.

Don't get me wrong the guy has been pretty good at holding his ground. But in the WAC, D-lineman don't even compare to Ndamakung Suh.

It'd be nice to have him but not at the cost of going thru next season with the same OL.

Don't you dare.

Don't get me wrong the guy has been pretty good at holding his ground. But in the WAC, D-lineman don't even compare to Ndamakung Suh.

the wac is just whack.

Don't you dare.

if he goes to the senior bowl. a lot of questions will be answered.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Don't you dare.

the wac is just whack.

Hey Boise native here take it easy at least give them credit! and maybe just a tincy bincy little bit to Nevada lol
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Would you trade our two 1st rounders for the #1 overall pick to draft Ndamukong Suh?

We wouldn't need to use our franchise tag on Aubrayo Franklyn and we'd have a stud DT, the kind we've been coveting for years! Also, I think this is a legitimate question because having two first round picks would definitely help the struggling Rams.

Better to beat the struggling rival, than help it. Would they actually help us? C'MON MAN!!!...
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
FUUUUUUUUUU**********K NO!

lol i agree whole heartedly.

we have a very good DL.

spend a megaload of money on an unproven DT? yeah no thanks.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
wouldnt fit anywhere in a 3-4.

He's listed as 6'4 300lbs. Right now it seems like he's a 3-4 end but i'm pretty sure he has the frame to add weight and become a dominant nose tackle. (somewhat like kentwan balmer in the draft)
[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Jan 6, 2010 at 2:53 AM ]
if he's as dominant as everyone makes him out to be, this trade would be a no-brainer. YES ! franklin, suh, and smith would be a dominant d-line and we would be able to focus on o-line in the rest of the draft and secondary help. i have a feeling sing is going to stick with coffee. the man didn't even play much this year and he hasn't had any help with the o-line.
If our only hole was DL I would say f**k yeah
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

He's listed as 6'4 300lbs. Right now it seems like he's a 3-4 end but i'm pretty sure he has the frame to add weight and become a dominant nose tackle. (somewhat like kentwan balmer in the draft)

Hes a penetrating Warren Sapp type, not the type to occupy blockers like a 3-4 end. Playing him in a 3-4 would be like the Chiefs playing Glenn Dorsey in a 3-4. Hows that going?

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

Hes a penetrating Warren Sapp type, not the type to occupy blockers like a 3-4 end. Playing him in a 3-4 would be like the Chiefs playing Glenn Dorsey in a 3-4. Hows that going?

Exactly.

He might develop into an average 34DE, but he could be special playing undertackle in a 43.

It makes no sense for a team with this many holes to trade up to get a player that doesn't fit its system.
Does he play RT?!!!! Then YES!!!
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I would be both pumped (Suh is a rare find) and pissed (greater needs) if this happened.
I voted against the trade because I think we at set at DE. It's too early to give up on Balmer. However, Suh is a freak. He would dominate as a 3-4 DE. I just think we could benefit more from using the picks elsewhere.
Originally posted by strickac:
I voted against the trade because I think we at set at DE. It's too early to give up on Balmer. However, Suh is a freak. He would dominate as a 3-4 DE. I just think we could benefit more from using the picks elsewhere.

Agreed, we have a chance to add TWO quality players, plus we wont be paying one player a ridiculous amount of money if we traded down and grabbed a top 5 pick.

We have a chance to do some good things with 2 first rounders, hopefully we use one of them on one of the top 3 OT's in the draft
Share 49ersWebzone