LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

Can we trade our 2nd rounder for a proven RT?

Just wondering if this is a realistic option available to us. Is there another team in the NFL that would part with a good RT for a 2nd round draft pick? Or does it require a 1st to acquire one? I just ask because getting lupati in the 1st sounds nice but i'd like him to remain at guard where he is at his best. Then we could draft Spiller, Haden, Graham, or Bryant with our other 1st to go with lupati and our line would be set. This would also give us some experience on the line to go with a super-talented rookie like lupati.

Staley-lupati-Heittman-Rachal-Proven vet

Thoughts? If anyone could shed some light on this i'd appreciate it. It's a question i have been thinking about recently. Not sure if the CBA affects this possibility at all. Thanks!
[ Edited by ezekiel40 on Jan 5, 2010 at 4:44 PM ]
I think we could & that would be great if we did.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
That would be ideal, but it's not often you see a team parting with quality, young tackles, unless its a money/ attitude problem.
Originally posted by TX9R:
That would be ideal, but it's not often you see a team parting with quality, young tackles, unless its a money/ attitude problem.

Exactly....besides, who's out there that we'd want that teams are willing to part with?
Originally posted by tohara3:
I think we could & that would be great if we did.

Maybe in Madden, but in the real world? Not likely.
That would mean a team would have a proven RT and someone to step right into his position. I don't see them drafting a new RT. So, what team[s] are in that position w/ 2 quality RT's?
We're not going to get what we want for a 2nd rounder. Teams know we need one and we'll get ripped off. We also have 2 first rounders. Someones going to want one of them.

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Jan 6, 2010 at 16:34:19 ]
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
No

The real question is would Holmgren be willing to give us Cribbs for a 3rd or second round pick? Rotoworldsays he is pissed and threatening to hold out for more money. He would solve our return man and speedy reciver needs. I'm just sayin I would do a second for Cribbs.
Originally posted by nj49erfan:
No

The real question is would Holmgren be willing to give us Cribbs for a 3rd or second round pick? Rotoworldsays he is pissed and threatening to hold out for more money. He would solve our return man and speedy reciver needs. I'm just sayin I would do a second for Cribbs.

i would give a the panthers first for cribbs as long as he has a long term contract
No

The real question is would Holmgren be willing to give us Cribbs for a 3rd or second round pick? Rotoworld says he is pissed and threatening to hold out for more money. He would solve our return man and speedy receiver needs. I'm just sayin I would do a second for Cribbs.

Cribbs is special no doubt. If we got some help on the offensive line, then having him run the Wildcat and returning kicks would be fantastic. The problem still is the offensive line, first and foremost.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
No

i would give a the panthers first for cribbs as long as he has a long term contract

lol maybe if the guy was a pretty decent receiver, but he's not so therefor a 1st round pick is asking wayyy too much for a return man.
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
No

lol maybe if the guy was a pretty decent receiver, but he's not so therefor a 1st round pick is asking wayyy too much for a return man.

First of all Cribbs play in Cleveland where Holmgren is. They are the Browns not the panthers. Second of all I said a Second rounder not a first. Third of all Cribbs for a second and that would leave us with two first rounders to get an OT and either a OLB, Saftey or CB (whichever is best player available). IF this contract impass gets ugly, personally I hope it does, a 2nd rounder is fair. Wes Welker went to NE for a 2nd and 7th. If thats what it costs to get this guy returning our punts sign me up.
No

lol ya now that i think about it a first maybe too much but i would give a second
  • Ether
  • Veteran
No

First of all Cribbs play in Cleveland where Holmgren is. They are the Browns not the panthers. Second of all I said a Second rounder not a first. Third of all Cribbs for a second and that would leave us with two first rounders to get an OT and either a OLB, Saftey or CB (whichever is best player available). IF this contract impass gets ugly, personally I hope it does, a 2nd rounder is fair. Wes Welker went to NE for a 2nd and 7th. If thats what it costs to get this guy returning our punts sign me up.

He was talking about trading our 1st round pick we received from the Panthers
No

A 2nd for Cribbs???
Share 49ersWebzone