There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tico's first mock of 2010

Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
tico - you have us drafting Williams, Spiller and Iupati in the 1st round???

How about we make this happen by trading up from the 2nd for Iupati? I know you don't want 2 rooks on the line, Ghost, but this would solve our line problems for ages.

Want!

As much as I love the idea of grabbing 3 studs like that, I'm not sure I'd give up the 2011 1st rounder to do it (and that's what it would take). Thinking ahead a little, if Alex doesn't show enough progress, you can bet we'll be using our top pick in 2011 to draft a QB, so I personally think it's critical to not give that up.

Not to mention, I highly doubt Scotty would make those kinds of moves just to draft a guard. I don't put it past him to use the 2nd or 3rd rounder for OG depth, but that's about it.

I thought about that too, trading up from the second back into the first to land Iupati especially if he's still available in the latter twenties...like they did with Staley. Is Iupati worth that if, and real big if, we go to the playoffs next year unlike the 5-11 season after the trade with NE.

To me, I believe it is because of the sheer talent this kid has for the position. I don't recall any guard throw DLs like he does since Larry Allen. If Iupati is the next LA, then hell yea he's worth that trade up. But as always, it is a crap shoot.

"C'mon lucky sevens!!!!!!"



I really see your point Ghost about the QB, but I really believe that Alex will excel next year with some continuity and those three picks if they turn out that way of course. He needs one more speed guy like Davis either WR or RB, but he needs that OL solidified with a shot more talent for sure especially at ROT where we all agree.

What I can see happening in the second is that Scotty could trade up into the top part of the second if he sees a 1st round prospect he wants like Maluaga last year. Someone with first round talent will drop into the second. That's where I think a trade can happen.

I also think that he could trade that second first rounder to move back and draft Iupati in the early twenties while landing an extra third. I really like that one scenario better than the rest.

Most definitely, we have some optons!

Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
tico - you have us drafting Williams, Spiller and Iupati in the 1st round???

How about we make this happen by trading up from the 2nd for Iupati? I know you don't want 2 rooks on the line, Ghost, but this would solve our line problems for ages.

Want!

As much as I love the idea of grabbing 3 studs like that, I'm not sure I'd give up the 2011 1st rounder to do it (and that's what it would take). Thinking ahead a little, if Alex doesn't show enough progress, you can bet we'll be using our top pick in 2011 to draft a QB, so I personally think it's critical to not give that up.

Not to mention, I highly doubt Scotty would make those kinds of moves just to draft a guard. I don't put it past him to use the 2nd or 3rd rounder for OG depth, but that's about it.

I agree with not trading away our 2011 1st rounder, just think about how Carolina must feel right now..They sure could use a new QB, but have no ammo to get one. Surely that won't happen to us.

Depending on how Scotty and Co stack their board, if there is a player they really like hanging around late in round 1 or early in round 2, I could see us giving up our 2nd and 3rd to make a move up and grab him. You mention guard depth, I would open it up to just about any position. If they think the value is there, they should make the move..

At this point filling out the roster is about selecting the few quality pieces to complete the puzzle that puts us back in the SB discussion.

Given the choice between:

A. Williams and Spiller

or

B. Williams and Iupati

I would go for B.


GREAT Post and MOCK TICO !!


Go Niners!!

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Nice job.

but no way is C. Dunlap 1st rounder. none. too many red flags

Except for the RAIDERS.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Nice job.

but no way is C. Dunlap 1st rounder. none. too many red flags

Dunlap has plenty of time to fix his image before the draft. A few great workouts and solid interviews should right the ship for him.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Nice job.
1.you write that "Shanny takes his QB for the WCO."bradford ist damaged and a system qb. clausen played very well in a westcoast offense for 3 years...did you know that? why anyone should pick bradford over clausen??? dont understand that, can you argue for me, please?
2.i am outnumbered with the following opinion: rams should pick clausen. bulger isnt their franchise qb and prostyle-qbs dont grow on trees. but it could really happen that they take suh. thats not impossible, of course.
3.i think, that the lions will pick a DT over an OT even if their need a good OT badly just because they seem to like backus...if they really pick an OT, it should be okung.
Originally posted by communist:
1.you write that "Shanny takes his QB for the WCO."bradford ist damaged and a system qb. clausen played very well in a westcoast offense for 3 years...did you know that? why anyone should pick bradford over clausen??? dont understand that, can you argue for me, please?
2.i am outnumbered with the following opinion: rams should pick clausen. bulger isnt their franchise qb and prostyle-qbs dont grow on trees. but it could really happen that they take suh. thats not impossible, of course.
3.i think, that the lions will pick a DT over an OT even if their need a good OT badly just because they seem to like backus...if they really pick an OT, it should be okung.

1.bradford is a much bettter qb than claussen much more accurate and is smarter
2. i agree with what you said that rams should take a qb
3. i agree lions would not take okung and take either suh or mccoy
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by communist:
1.you write that "Shanny takes his QB for the WCO."bradford ist damaged and a system qb. clausen played very well in a westcoast offense for 3 years...did you know that? why anyone should pick bradford over clausen??? dont understand that, can you argue for me, please?
2.i am outnumbered with the following opinion: rams should pick clausen. bulger isnt their franchise qb and prostyle-qbs dont grow on trees. but it could really happen that they take suh. thats not impossible, of course.
3.i think, that the lions will pick a DT over an OT even if their need a good OT badly just because they seem to like backus...if they really pick an OT, it should be okung.

1.bradford is a much bettter qb than claussen much more accurate and is smarter
2. i agree with what you said that rams should take a qb
3. i agree lions would not take okung and take either suh or mccoy

You guys are both correct in that the Rams need that Franchise QB, but over Suh? The best DL prospect to come out in a generation? I just don't think so. I used to think that they would pick a QB, but both Stafford and Clausen have question marks as the first pick of the 2010 draft.

Suh doesn't. He is as close to a sure thing you can get especially for big money. Stick Suh in with Carriker, Long, Laurinaitas and you have vastly improve your D. Spagnolo will wet himself as the former D coach that he is.

If Clausen is picked, he's not going to perform at the same level as Suh because of their OL problems. 8 sacks last game alone! Clausen would become another Alex Smith trying to do something with nothing, recipe for failure. Suh is their answer.

If nothing else, they trade down and take the best OT available. Suh or OT, IMO, for the lowly Rams.

PS If they do take Suh, we better draft ROT Williams/Campbell/Bulaga and Iupati to handle that new Rams DL which will be a monster.

Forget the OT as they picked J. Smith last year.....doooooooohhhhhhh!

[ Edited by ninertico on Jan 7, 2010 at 09:30:10 ]
From what I hear Javier Arenas from Alabama might be around for our 2nd round pick. That would be awesome!!

1- C.J. Spiller

1a- Best OT available

2- Javier Arenas

That would be a great 1st 2 rounds
Originally posted by ninertico:


If Clausen is picked, he's not going to perform at the same level as Suh because of their OL problems. 8 sacks last game alone! Clausen would become another Alex Smith trying to do something with nothing, recipe for failure. Suh is their answer.

If nothing else, they trade down and take the best OT available. Suh or OT, IMO, for the lowly Rams.

PS If they do take Suh, we better draft ROT Williams/Campbell/Bulaga and Iupati to handle that new Rams DL which will be a monster.

Forget the OT as they picked J. Smith last year.....doooooooohhhhhhh!
you compare a system qb like alex smith with a qb who played westcoast, which is more nfl-like definitively?
bradford is smart? since when do you have to be smart in a shotgun-offense with a damn good o-line and 2-3 good receivers? IF bradford wouldnt be injured at all and he had performed that season, where he didnt had neither those receivers nor the good o-line and if he did played well, i would be quiet.
I mean, perhaps he is smart but i want to see that in a prostyle offense.

[ Edited by communist on Jan 7, 2010 at 11:18:15 ]
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by ninertico:


If Clausen is picked, he's not going to perform at the same level as Suh because of their OL problems. 8 sacks last game alone! Clausen would become another Alex Smith trying to do something with nothing, recipe for failure. Suh is their answer.

If nothing else, they trade down and take the best OT available. Suh or OT, IMO, for the lowly Rams.

PS If they do take Suh, we better draft ROT Williams/Campbell/Bulaga and Iupati to handle that new Rams DL which will be a monster.

Forget the OT as they picked J. Smith last year.....doooooooohhhhhhh!
you compare a system qb like alex smith with a qb who played westcoast, which is more nfl-like definitively?
bradford is smart? since when do you have to be smart in a shotgun-offense with a damn good o-line and 2-3 good receivers? IF bradford wouldnt be injured at all and he had performed that season, where he didnt had neither those receivers nor the good o-line and if he did played well, i would be quiet.
I mean, perhaps he is smart but i want to see that in a prostyle offense.

The point of view I came from was the supporting cast around Alex in 2005...nothing!

The same thing on the Rams right now except for Jackson and J. Smith. Clausen and Bradford both are very good QBs, but have some issues. Again, Suh doesn't and is one of the best DTs to come out in a generation.

Can't say that about Clausen nor Bradford.