There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why not draft a RB in the First Round???

• krizay
  • Veteran
This is hilarious to me.

1ST round picks (especially for non playoff teams) should be spent on STARTERS or potential starters. Not an eventual starter (3 years from now)

When we get to the point where all of our starters are atleast adequate at their positions. Then so be it.

Also if Spiller was this great RB that every one's making him out to be. Then why aren't Seattle, Cleveland, KC, Buffalo and Jacksonville taking him?
Originally posted by krizay:
This is hilarious to me.

1ST round picks (especially for non playoff teams) should be spent on STARTERS or potential starters. Not an eventual starter (3 years from now)

When we get to the point where all of our starters are atleast adequate at their positions. Then so be it.

Also if Spiller was this great RB that every one's making him out to be. Then why aren't Seattle, Cleveland, KC, Buffalo and Jacksonville taking him?

This is hilarious to me.

When he runs a high 4.2-low 4.3 and goes top 10 I'll remind you of this post. (And I'd take Jacksonville off that list, what with them haveing MJD and all
)
Because they think they don't need a RB maybe?

By the way, the OROY was a combination KR/PR/RB/WR. He also was very fast,
and allowed his team to open things up with another threat. In addition he filled a needed role as KR/PR.

I suppose none of that counts though when you have two first round choices to fill.

Of course, Frank Gore is invincible and never gets hurt, but if he does we have Michael Robinson and Glenn Coffee to fill the void. Never mind that most of our
other offensive threats run with concrete shows, except maybe our fastest guy the TE.

[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Jan 6, 2010 at 15:47:32 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by domesik:
This is hilarious to me.

When he runs a high 4.2-low 4.3 and goes top 10 I'll remind you of this post. (And I'd take Jacksonville off that list, what with them haveing MJD and all
)

Oh So we should take him even with Frank Gore. But Jacksonville is too good to take him with having MJD and no backup. Then look at their WR's. Spiller would help them more than us. With being able to play slot WR and all
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Because they think they don't need a RB maybe?

By the way, the OROY was a combination KR/PR/RB/WR. He also was very fast,
and allowed his team to open things up with another threat. In addition he filled a needed role as KR/PR.

I suppose none of that counts though when you have two first round choices to fill.

Of course, Frank Gore is invincible and never gets hurt, but if he does we have Michael Robinson and Glenn Coffee to fill the void. Never mind that most of our
other offensive threats run with concrete shows, except maybe our fastest guy the TE.

A: the OROY was mainly a WR that could run the ball. They needed a WR.
B: they were a playoff team that was adequate at every position.

I suppos that don't count for any thing either
This is hilarious to me.

)

Oh So we should take him even with Frank Gore. But Jacksonville is too good to take him with having MJD and no backup. Then look at their WR's. Spiller would help them more than us. With being able to play slot WR and all

Why would I care what Jacksonville does? We don't play them again for 3 seasons,
and they don't have two first round draft choices.

So you think we ought to pay first round money to two guys in the trenches. Last time I checked neither Jonathan Ogden or Anthony Munoz were coming out of college this year.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
This is hilarious to me.

)

Why would I care what Jacksonville does? We don't play them again for 3 seasons,

So you think we ought to pay first round money to two guys in the trenches. Last time I checked neither Jonathan Ogden or Anthony Munoz were coming out of college this year.

What I said was potential starter.

Which could be any combination of

OL
S
WR (well Dez Bryant who won't be there)
OLB
CB

I don't care what Jacksonville does. I just knew at least one knucklehead would say they didn't need him because they already had a RB. Then totally take that argument out of the equation as for why we should take him.
This is hilarious to me.

)

If Jax had two 1st round picks like we did, one of them might be Spiller. As it stands now, they only have one and will likely address their pass rush with their 1st rounder (which was a shockingly low 14 sacks for the season...and yes, that was dead last in the league by quite a lot).

[ Edited by GoFD74 on Jan 6, 2010 at 15:59:55 ]
This is hilarious to me.

)

OL
S
OLB
CB

I don't care what Jacksonville does. I just knew at least one knucklehead would say they didn't need him because they already had a RB. Then totally take that argument out of the equation as for why we should take him.

First, you don't think we could use an upgrade at WR or someone who can play that position and also add KR/PR?

Down your list, I think the only true 1st round safety (Berry) will off the board by the time we pick. If not, I'd go for him. The same can be said for CB. OLB, maybe there is one but who of them would you choose in the top 16 or 17 picks?

Which leads us to WR or OL. The only WR I have know of that may be around that I would even consider would be Bryant, but I think he will be gone by that time.

So now it's down to OL. Do you really think we would be picking two OL in the 1st round? We're not necesarily looking for a LT, since we have one. Even if we were I don't see one that stands out that will be available around our first pick. Are you really going to pay an OG top 15 money?

To me this draft is deep, but not top loaded.
This is hilarious to me.

)

OL
S
OLB
CB

I don't care what Jacksonville does. I just knew at least one domesik would say they didn't need him because they already had a RB. Then totally take that argument out of the equation as for why we should take him.

Hi, knucklehead here, and for your info, I'm a grown man and you may address me as such, my username will do just fine. Hold on for this, but........

MJD is a better gack then Gore, he is younger, and has been hurt less. Jacksonville doesn't need Spiller as bad as the 49ers do because their RB is better and younger then ours. Gore has 4 1,000 yard seasons in a row, that is awesome, that means that he is a great RB, it also means he has miles on those wheels and has gotten hurt the past 3 seasons. He is great but he is quit a bit past the halfway point of this career and when a homerun threat is on the board you take them. Or would you like to get more Balmers and leave more Jacksons on the board.

And you are really making yourself look silly with this "Spiller can't play the slot" stuff, he only plays the slot in every game he plays.
This is hilarious to me.

)

OL
S
OLB
CB

I don't care what Jacksonville does. I just knew at least one domesik would say they didn't need him because they already had a RB. Then totally take that argument out of the equation as for why we should take him.

Hi, knucklehead here, and for your info, I'm a grown man and you may address me as such, my username will do just fine. Hold on for this, but........

MJD is a better gack then Gore, he is younger, and has been hurt less. Jacksonville doesn't need Spiller as bad as the 49ers do because their RB is better and younger then ours. Gore has 4 1,000 yard seasons in a row, that is awesome, that means that he is a great RB, it also means he has miles on those wheels and has gotten hurt the past 3 seasons. He is great but he is quit a bit past the halfway point of this career and when a homerun threat is on the board you take them. Or would you like to get more Balmers and leave more Jacksons on the board.

And you are really making yourself look silly with this "Spiller can't play the slot" stuff, he only plays the slot in every game he plays.

Yes, it's kind of like if you can't baffle them with b*****t, then dazzle them with brilliance.

Good OGs and ROTs can be had in the 2nd round. I only see a couple of OLBs that I would even consider, and they can be had with the second pick. However, we need speed and a KR/PR so let's wait until the 3rd round and get one.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
This is hilarious to me.

)

OL
S
OLB
CB

I agree MJD is better than Gore. MJD is 2 years younger than Gore (who's only 26 BTW) But the fact remains they need a playmaker more than us. Especially if he can play the slot like you guys say he can.

You can't hit homeruns from the dugout!
This is hilarious to me.

)

OL
S
OLB
CB

I agree MJD is better than Gore. MJD is 2 years younger than Gore (who's only 26 BTW) But the fact remains they need a playmaker more than us. Especially if he can play the slot like you guys say he can.

I guess I don't understand why I should care about the Jaguars. If they pick Spiller then fine. If not, then why not us.

I still haven't seen a response about paying top 15 money to a ROT and interior lineman though.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
This is hilarious to me.

)

OL
S
OLB
CB

I guess I don't understand why I should care about the Jaguars. If they pick Spiller then fine. If not, then why not us.

I still haven't seen a response about paying top 15 money to a ROT and interior lineman though.

Dude you think paying top 15 money for a backup and a return guy is worth it. So what exactly can I say to you, with you not thinking 2 lineman would be worth it.

Even though I stated atleast 2 times that it didn't have to be 2 lineman.

[ Edited by krizay on Jan 6, 2010 at 16:49:54 ]