LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

AB's latest 1 round NFL mock draft

Excellent and I hope it goes down like this. I feel Suh is the BPA and probably in the draft. Still, I'm 60 yrs old and I have never seen worse QB play than the Rams this year - I mean never. Do they wait for the 2nd round to get a quality QB or worse [for them] wait till next year?

If they do take a QB do you still see us getting your current picks?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by AC49er:
Love the update!!!! OL is the way to go. It helps open up holes for Gore & protecting Smith in the pocket

cool cool, I originally had Iupati, but when i realized Hughes was on the board, i choose him, but he could go 15 or 32, depends on the team.

I don't care where Hughes ends up as long as we get Iupati w/ our other pick. I agree, am happier w/ the update, too!
I'd be happy with Davis/Williams and Iupati anyday of the week. I'd be downright ecstatic. The only problem is drafting Iupati puts Rachal on the bench, even if Baas will only be around for one more year. Scotty Mac doesn't believe in paying guards, but he continues to draft them high. I think Iupati can help this team undoubtedly, but i'm not sure how Scotty feels about sending his second round draft pick from 2 years ago to the bench after his first round pick from that draft can't get any playing time either. To me those 2 picks make complete sense, but management is generally hesitant to admit their mistakes.
Originally posted by JDeezy:
I'd be happy with Davis/Williams and Iupati anyday of the week. I'd be downright ecstatic. The only problem is drafting Iupati puts Rachal on the bench, even if Baas will only be around for one more year. Scotty Mac doesn't believe in paying guards, but he continues to draft them high. I think Iupati can help this team undoubtedly, but i'm not sure how Scotty feels about sending his second round draft pick from 2 years ago to the bench after his first round pick from that draft can't get any playing time either. To me those 2 picks make complete sense, but management is generally hesitant to admit their mistakes.

Thats what i worry about, he wouldnt give Smiley 20M, and i dont know if he will draft a guard at 17(or whatever our pick is).

But its time to not be cheap on the OL, it all starts in the trenches.
I like the idea of OL picked first but I think Lupati may be a better guard then Davis as tackle. If the niners could get a decent tackle late first or second round especially considering we might pick up a free agent and having Pashos, Sims and Boone around, I would seriously consider trading down the second pick a couple of times to get multiple picks in the lower first and second rounds. I think then I would use them for say the OT, Pass Rusher, DB in the second,RB in the third, the rest of the draft best player available in OL, Nose Tackle, and I would love a tough Center. All would depend on the analysis of how good the OT we might get in the first pick. If we could get a decent one as I said in later first or second round, I would possibly trade down and take Lupati and go for tackle later. We need more picks for the upper echelon group of guys to replace some real weaknesses. I think we need to invest in a real talent at qb, a guy with real talent much like Nate Davis who can eventually compete with Nate for the future and as a safety net in case Alex bombs out. I also think we need a real runningback talent not to replace Gore and the running game needs more due to injuries. I think a top running game needs more than one RB due to injuries and we need more variety in the backs. This coming year we could go with more backs and less recievers and have enough quality that we could exist with five recievers. I think one Robinson type of player is enough and I think if we do get a good OL, then Alex would benefit a lot from the running game. I think teams would not haphazardly go after Alex next year seeing what Vernon and Crabtree could do so I think Singletary's running game might be a good plan. I sure hope we look at Ray Brown as OL line Coach. I do not know just how good he is but he was a damn good player and he should know more then our present OL coach.
I would be happy with this draft.
Share 49ersWebzone