There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

FA is gonna suck mock

IMO, there is very slim chance that the CBA gets renewed. This is going to the the worst free agent class ever. Since we cant improve much in free agency, we must through the coaching staff and the draft. Here is what I propose:

Hire DB coach, Alan Williams, from the Colts and make him Asst. Head coach/ DB coach.
Hire Tim Drevno and Greg Roman from Stanford as O-Line and Asst. O-Line coach.

Trade next years first rounder for a mid 2nd and 4th, much like what the Panthers did last year. To make up for no 1st, we will be able to get a starting caliber FA, or 2, in next years, undoubtedly, more talented FA pool. Then resign, release & draft:

Resign
Franklin, Pashos, Sims, Brooks, W. Harris.

Release
M. Lewis

1a. CJ Spiller RB/RS Clemson 5'11 200 lbs- Upgrades our ground, air and return game. Home run threat we need. I see him as the next Marshall Faulk. Had over 1,000 yds on the ground and 500 yds through the air in 2009.

1b. M. Iupati OG/T Idaho 6'6 330 lbs- Can play our 2 weakest positions on the O-Line. Will immediatly start at LG or RT.

2a. N. Allen FS South Florida 6'1 205 lbs- A true ballhawk. Move Goldson to SS. Having those players start for us will help out the CB and allow them to be more aggressive.

2b. P. Cox CB/RS OK ST. 6'0 200 lbs- Starting calibur CB who also will be CJ's backup in th return game.

3a. Greg Hardy OLB/PRS MISS 6'4 265 lbs- I see the best value at OLB to be in this round. Someone good will fall.

4a. J. Veldheer OT Hillsdale 6'7 320 lbs- If we play Iupati at LG, Veldheer will be groomed to be the future RT. Very athletic small school project.

4b. S. Virgirl CB VT 5'11 190 lbs- Hudson's replacement who is a better cover corner. Depth.

5. S. Render OG VT 6'3 315 lbs- Depth

6. L. Asante S NEB 6'0 215 lbs- Depth/ST player

7. M. Williams WR SYR 6'2 215 lbs- Had a great sophomore season then quit on his team when he was a junior. Could be a diamond in the rough.

UDFA- Cam Thomas NT N. Carolina 6'3 330lbs, M. Mariani WR/RS Montana 6'0 185
Jeff Cumberland TE ILL 6'4 255 lbs, P. Dillard ILB Neb 6'1 240

OFFENSE ( 25 )
QB- Smith, Davis, Hill
WR- Crabs, Morgan, Jones, Hill, Williams
RB- Gore, Spiller, Coffee, Robinson
FB- Norris or Miller
TE- Davis, Walker
LT- Staley, Sims
OG- Iupati, Rachal, Baas, Render
C - Heitman, Wallace
RT - Pashos, Veldheer

DEFENSE ( 23 )

DE- Soap, Smith, RJF, McDonald
NT- Franklin, Balmer
OLB- Lawson, Brooks, Harrelson, Hardy
ILB- Spikes, Willis, Mckillop
CB- Clements, Spencer, Cox, Brown, Virgil
FS - Allen, Smith
SS - Goldson, Taylor, Asante

ST ( 3 )

P Lee, K Nedney, LS Jennings

ON THE FENCE ( 2 spots available )
Boone, Wragge, Snyder, W. Harris, Briggs and all UDFA/Practice Squad players

NINERS IN 2010!!!!!!
anything with CJ and Lupati in it IM game.
Originally posted by mtminer:
IMO, there is very slim chance that the CBA gets renewed. This is going to the the worst free agent class ever. Since we cant improve much in free agency, we must through the coaching staff and the draft. Here is what I propose:

Hire DB coach, Alan Williams, from the Colts and make him Asst. Head coach/ DB coach.
Hire Tim Drevno and Greg Roman from Stanford as O-Line and Asst. O-Line coach.

Trade next years first rounder for a mid 2nd and 4th, much like what the Panthers did last year. To make up for no 1st, we will be able to get a starting caliber FA, or 2, in next years, undoubtedly, more talented FA pool. Then resign, release & draft:

Resign
Franklin, Pashos, Sims, Brooks, W. Harris.

Release
M. Lewis

1a. CJ Spiller RB/RS Clemson 5'11 200 lbs- Upgrades our ground, air and return game. Home run threat we need. I see him as the next Marshall Faulk. Had over 1,000 yds on the ground and 500 yds through the air in 2009.

1b. M. Iupati OG/T Idaho 6'6 330 lbs- Can play our 2 weakest positions on the O-Line. Will immediatly start at LG or RT.

2a. N. Allen FS South Florida 6'1 205 lbs- A true ballhawk. Move Goldson to SS. Having those players start for us will help out the CB and allow them to be more aggressive.

2b. P. Cox CB/RS OK ST. 6'0 200 lbs- Starting calibur CB who also will be CJ's backup in th return game.

3a. Greg Hardy OLB/PRS MISS 6'4 265 lbs- I see the best value at OLB to be in this round. Someone good will fall.

4a. J. Veldheer OT Hillsdale 6'7 320 lbs- If we play Iupati at LG, Veldheer will be groomed to be the future RT. Very athletic small school project.

4b. S. Virgirl CB VT 5'11 190 lbs- Hudson's replacement who is a better cover corner. Depth.

5. S. Render OG VT 6'3 315 lbs- Depth

6. L. Asante S NEB 6'0 215 lbs- Depth/ST player

7. M. Williams WR SYR 6'2 215 lbs- Had a great sophomore season then quit on his team when he was a junior. Could be a diamond in the rough.

UDFA- Cam Thomas NT N. Carolina 6'3 330lbs, M. Mariani WR/RS Montana 6'0 185
Jeff Cumberland TE ILL 6'4 255 lbs, P. Dillard ILB Neb 6'1 240

OFFENSE ( 25 )
QB- Smith, Davis, Hill
WR- Crabs, Morgan, Jones, Hill, Williams
RB- Gore, Spiller, Coffee, Robinson
FB- Norris or Miller
TE- Davis, Walker
LT- Staley, Sims
OG- Iupati, Rachal, Baas, Render
C - Heitman, Wallace
RT - Pashos, Veldheer

DEFENSE ( 23 )

DE- Soap, Smith, RJF, McDonald
NT- Franklin, Balmer
OLB- Lawson, Brooks, Harrelson, Hardy
ILB- Spikes, Willis, Mckillop
CB- Clements, Spencer, Cox, Brown, Virgil
FS - Allen, Smith
SS - Goldson, Taylor, Asante

ST ( 3 )

P Lee, K Nedney, LS Jennings

ON THE FENCE ( 2 spots available )
Boone, Wragge, Snyder, W. Harris, Briggs and all UDFA/Practice Squad players

NINERS IN 2010!!!!!!

I did not read everything past the mock draft but have to say personally I'm impressed. better than some out there. but do not think G. Hardy lasts that long.
those 1st 5 picks are WAY too good to be true
Greg Hardy in the 3rd round?

I don't see it. He's had injury issues this year and he has some concerns character wise but he has probably the most talent of any DE/OLB prospect in the draft.

If he's healthy and plays with passion he's going to be scary good.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
those 1st 5 picks are WAY too good to be true
Wake up, because you're dreaming.

Mocks are supposedly to be realistic hypotheses on what our team might do. Nothing like this would happen.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Wake up, because you're dreaming.

Mocks are supposedly to be realistic hypotheses on what our team might do. Nothing like this would happen.

c'mon man. let the kid have a dream. mocks are just that. even the best of mock drafts are never what a team goes by.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Wake up, because you're dreaming.

Mocks are supposedly to be realistic hypotheses on what our team might do. Nothing like this would happen.

c'mon man. let the kid have a dream. mocks are just that. even the best of mock drafts are never what a team goes by.

I tried not to be too harsh.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Wake up, because you're dreaming.

Mocks are supposedly to be realistic hypotheses on what our team might do. Nothing like this would happen.

c'mon man. let the kid have a dream. mocks are just that. even the best of mock drafts are never what a team goes by.

I tried not to be too harsh.

well mannered I give you that.
Originally posted by genus49:
Greg Hardy in the 3rd round?

I don't see it. He's had injury issues this year and he has some concerns character wise but he has probably the most talent of any DE/OLB prospect in the draft.

If he's healthy and plays with passion he's going to be scary good.

Maybe not Hardy, but I see good value in round 3.
Selvie, Lang, Cunningham, Norwood & Schofield. Someone good will be there. One can only hope.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Wake up, because you're dreaming.

Mocks are supposedly to be realistic hypotheses on what our team might do. Nothing like this would happen.

c'mon man. let the kid have a dream. mocks are just that. even the best of mock drafts are never what a team goes by.

I tried not to be too harsh.

Dont mind me. Im just in lala land.
But besides reaching for Hardy, MadDog has him at #81, our pick is #80, and trading next years first for a 2nd and 4th, what unrealistic?
That I actually covered all areas of needs. ( damn you Scotty )
I knew something was too good to be true.
Thanks for setting me straight.
Originally posted by mtminer:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Wake up, because you're dreaming.

Mocks are supposedly to be realistic hypotheses on what our team might do. Nothing like this would happen.

c'mon man. let the kid have a dream. mocks are just that. even the best of mock drafts are never what a team goes by.

I tried not to be too harsh.

Dont mind me. Im just in lala land.
But besides reaching for Hardy, MadDog has him at #81, our pick is #80, and trading next years first for a 2nd and 4th, what unrealistic?
That I actually covered all areas of needs. ( damn you Scotty )
I knew something was too good to be true.
Thanks for setting me straight.

It's more the trade scenarios than the player projections, although I feel Hardy will go sooner than that, just to add.