LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 175 users in the forums

Final Bowl Week Prospect Watch: (1/4 - 1/7)

Georgia Tech's offense is pathetic. This looks worse than ours...

Then again, Iowa's defense has been fantastic -- a lot of good players on that defensive squad. Clayborn will be a hot prospect next year, as well as SS Tyler Sash. Clemson's DeAndre McDaniel will likely wind up being the 1st safety selected, but Sash is no slouch either.
D. Morgan jus made BB look bad. there should have been a holding penalty on BB on that play.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Then again, Iowa's defense has been fantastic -- a lot of good players on that defensive squad. Clayborn will be a hot prospect next year, as well as SS Tyler Sash. Clemson's DeAndre McDaniel will likely wind up being the 1st safety selected, but Sash is no slouch either.

I stopped counting how many times I've seen option offenses get shut down when the opponent has more than one week to prepare.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I stopped counting how many times I've seen option offenses get shut down when the opponent has more than one week to prepare.

Yep. Just completely ineffective.

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
D. Morgan jus made BB look bad. there should have been a holding penalty on BB on that play.

I think there's a chance Bulaga will return for his senior year -- and he might lose money if he does so. A bad night won't drop him out of the 1st, but he could slide somewhere around a third of a round down. Morgan is certainly winning the battle right now.
Clayborne has gone from an undraftable prospect before the season, to a top prospect next year, if he keeps this up. He has had a great night
[ Edited by Icelandic49er on Jan 5, 2010 at 6:33 PM ]

I think there's a chance Bulaga will return for his senior year -- and he might lose money if he does so. A bad night won't drop him out of the 1st, but he could slide somewhere around a third of a round down. Morgan is certainly winning the battle right now.

This is the first time in the game Morgan has beaten Bulaga so i would not say that he´s winning, Bulaga handled Morgan pretty easy in the 1st quarter.
3 attempts for 6 yards for Dwyer in the first half
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:

This is the first time in the game Morgan has beaten Bulaga so i would not say that he´s winning, Bulaga handled Morgan pretty easy in the 1st quarter.

Oh, I should've been more clear -- I was referencing just that particular series.
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:

Oh, I should've been more clear -- I was referencing just that particular series.

Outside of that series, Morgan has done very, very little, and continues to do so.
That was a huge play by Morgan Burnett there, with the stop / Forced Fumble.

Wow. What the heck was Dwyer thinking there? What on earth... was that...

just a stupid stupid play
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

just a stupid stupid play

This may be a shocker, but I am highly doubtful that Georgia Tech is going to win this game.
And i agree with you OTC that Morgan has done nothing all game for GT

what happened
Share 49ersWebzone