LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Final Bowl Week Prospect Watch: (1/4 - 1/7)

Rest of the games will be added shortly.

JANUARY 4 GAME:

TOSTITOS FIESTA BOWL - 8 PM EST (FOX)
TCU vs. Boise St.

TCU:
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes, 6-2 257 4.72
RB Joseph Turner, 6-1 225 4.58
CB Rafael Priest, 5-10 182 4.48
ILB Daryl Washington, 6-2 234 4.57
CB Nick Sanders, 5-10 175 4.45
OG Marshall Newhouse, 6-3 320 5.06
RT Nick Richmond, 6-8 322 5.34

Boise St.:
CB Kyle Wilson, 5-10 186 4.42
WR Titus Young, 5-11 170 4.44 * JR

JANUARY 5 GAME:

FedEx ORANGE BOWL - 8 PM EST (FOX)
#10 Iowa vs. #9 Georgia Tech

Iowa:
ILB Pat Angerer, 6-0 235 4.52
OL Bryan Bulaga, 6-6 312 4.96 * JR
OLB A.J. Edds, 6-4 244 4.68
OT Kyle Calloway, 6-7 315 5.18
TE Tony Moeaki, 6-3 252 4.84

Georgia Tech:
RB Johnathan Dwyer, 5-11 235 4.48 * JR
DE Derrick Morgan, 6-4 272 4.76 * JR
FS Morgan Burnett, 6-1 210 4.54 * JR
WR Demaryius Thomas, 6-3 229 4.59 * JR
OG Cord Howard, 6-4 308 5.38

JANUARY 6 GAME:

GMAC BOWL - 7 PM EST (ESPN)
Central Michigan vs. Troy

Central Michigan:
QB Dan LeFevour, 6-3 238 4.84

Troy:
DE/OLB Brandon Lang, 6-4 256 4.82
DE/OLB Cameron Sheffield, 6-2 249 4.78
ILB Boris Lee, 6-0 245 4.74
QB Levi Brown, 6-3 220 4.78

JANUARY 7 GAME:

CITI BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - 8 PM EST (ABC)
#1 Alabama vs. #2 Texas

Alabama:
CB Javier Arenas, 5-9 198 4.57
DE Brandon Deadrick, 6-4 296 4.96
OG Mike Johnson, 6-5 305 5.38
ILB Rolando McClain, 6-4 256 4.58 * JR
DT Terrance Cody, 6-4 365 5.72
SS Justin Woodall, 6-1 220 4.64
CB Kareem Jackson, 5-11 192 4.50 * JR
TE Colin Peek, 6-5 255 4.84

Texas:
QB Colt McCoy, 6-2 212 4.68
OLB Sergio Kindle, 6-4 255 4.66
WR Jordan Shipley, 6-0 190 4.47
OT Adam Ulatoski, 6-6 310 5.28
DT Lamarr Houston, 6-2 300 4.93
OLB Roddrick Muckelroy, 6-2 235 4.67
OC Chris Hall, 6-4 298 5.20
FS Earl Thomas, 5-9 197 4.45 * SO
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 4, 2010 at 6:40 PM ]
Hey OTC, I know he's not on your list for prospects from TCU, but what do you think of QB Andy Dalton?
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Jan 4, 2010 at 6:04 PM ]
  • lions319
  • Info N/A
whats the deal with richmond...the enormous RT for TCU. He towers over everyone else on the field. I believe hes a senior...any chance he gets a shot at playing at the next level? I imagine it would be as a Guard
What do you guys think about that big back turner.
Originally posted by lions319:
whats the deal with richmond...the enormous RT for TCU. He towers over everyone else on the field. I believe hes a senior...any chance he gets a shot at playing at the next level? I imagine it would be as a Guard

not if he continues to false start on every 1st down plays.
  • lions319
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by lions319:

not if he continues to false start on every 1st down plays.

haha true story
Really keep an eye on Kyle Wilson. He's the kind of player the Niners will probably keep a sharp eye on in the third round, if he is on the board, and the team has not picked up a CB, nor PR to that point.

He's probably perfect as a nickel back, and would be a huge upgrade at PR. He's an even money bet to be the fastest CB in the draft, and if he does blaze a speedy forty time at the combine, could easily be a second round pick.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Really keep an eye on Kyle Wilson. He's the kind of player the Niners will probably keep a sharp eye on in the third round, if he is on the board, and the team has not picked up a CB, nor PR to that point.

He's probably perfect as a nickel back, and would be a huge upgrade at PR. He's an even money bet to be the fastest CB in the draft, and if he does blaze a speedy forty time at the combine, could easily be a second round pick.

what are his measureables? por favor
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Hey OTC, I know he's not on your list for prospects from TCU, but what do you think of QB Andy Dalton?

To sum him up quick: I think he's a pretty good QB, good but not great. He's not a flashy guy, and doesn't really stand out in any one way. Average size and arm, but what he has working for him is he makes good decisions more often than not and he's got a pretty good release as well as pretty good feet to make plays on the run and should wind up being a middle-rounder next year with some room to improve still.

Dalton put up some nice numbers this year as well, throwing only 5 interceptions compared to 22 touchdowns. But some wonder if that had to do with the competition he faced. Against better teams, like Utah and Boise St... he didn't fare all that well.

vs. Utah: 251 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT
vs. Boise State: 197 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT
vs. Oklahoma: 212, 0 TD, 1 INT

All of his interceptions came against top competition. That's a concern for any QB you're taking to be your guy at the next level.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM ]

He's listed at 5'10", 185, which probably means he's 5'9", 180. Not a typical type of CB the Niners like to draft, but they desperately need team speed and someone who can return punts.

He and McCourty are going to both battle for that 2nd round status.
Hughes has consistently put pressure on Boise today. I really like this kid. Even if he does make it to the 2nd round, which is exceptionally doubtful in itself, I highly doubt he makes it to us.

He just needs to settle down and stop jumping. Those kinds of things, off-sides penalties, can be huge and cost teams games.

He's listed at 5'10", 185, which probably means he's 5'9", 180. Not a typical type of CB the Niners like to draft, but they desperately need team speed and someone who can return punts.

thanks for the information...furthermore Al Davis likes those kind of CB. remember him taking Carr from BS another speedstar.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Hughes has consistently put pressure on Boise today. I really like this kid. Even if he does make it to the 2nd round, which is exceptionally doubtful in itself, I highly doubt he makes it to us.

He just needs to settle down and stop jumping. Those kinds of things, off-sides penalties, can be huge and cost teams games.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

He and McCourty are going to both battle for that 2nd round status.

I agree. Both are good CB's and terrific special teamers. The Niners can really have a lot of options at CB in that second round, and maybe even the third round.
Share 49ersWebzone