LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Senior Bowl 2010

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
which team is nolan coaching this year?

Haha they should rename it the Mike Nolan Senior Bowl.

what players were in the senior bowl that we drafted????
i know of

patrick willis
jason hill
korey sheets

who else?
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
which team is nolan coaching this year?

Haha they should rename it the Mike Nolan Senior Bowl.

what players were in the senior bowl that we drafted????
i know of

patrick willis
jason hill
korey sheets

who else?

Here are Senior Bowl players in the 2005-2009 period, who have found their way onto the Niner roster or practice squad. Most were drafted by the Niners. Some were drafted by other teams and subsequently signed as FA's by the Niners. Some were UDFA signed directly by the Niners. I may have missed a few.

2005 Senior Bowl: OL David Baas, OL Adam Snyder, DL Ron Fields, DL Attiyah Ellison.

2006 Senior Bowl: LB Manny Lawson, RB Michael Robinson, LB Parys Haralson, DB Marcus Hudson, LB Brian Iwuh.

2007 Senior Bowl: LB Patrick Willis, OT Joe Staley, WR Jason Hill, DL Ray McDonald, LB Jay Moore, RB Thomas Clayton.

2008 Senior Bowl: OL Cody Wallace, OL Kirk Barton, OL Drew Radovich.

2009 Senior Bowl: LB Scott McKillop, RB Kory Sheets.

In recent years (beeginning in 2008), more of the Niners top draft picks have been underclassmen, who were not eligible for the Senior Bowl.

[ Edited by jimbagg on Jan 12, 2010 at 13:56:02 ]
McCluster, Dexter
i can almost guarantee you with this much talent at this yrs senior bowl, we will draft atleast 2 players from this crop IMO.
I thought they changed the name a couple of years ago to the "Nolan Bowl". I know they casted a bust out in front of the stadium in honor of him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
i can almost guarantee you with this much talent at this yrs senior bowl, we will draft atleast 2 players from this crop IMO.

It would be a crime not to.
Trent Williams is in!!!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
Trent Williams is in!!!!!

All eyez on him!!!
VANDAL HEADED TO MOBILE: The North squad's offensive line got a whole lot bigger with the announcement of University of Idaho guard Mike Iupati accepting an invitation to play in the senior showcase event.

Iupati, who stands 6-foot-6 and weighs 325 pounds, earned consensus All-American honors this season after being named to the first team by The Associated Press, Walter Camp, American Football Coaches Association and the Football Writers Association of America.

An Outland Trophy finalist and first team All-WAC selection, Iupati helped the Vandals claim just the second bowl victory in program history -- a 43-42 win over Bowling Green in the Humanitarian Bowl.

He didn't allow a single sack all season and graded out at 90 percent or better in all 13 games.

Iupati Going to Mobile
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
VANDAL HEADED TO MOBILE: The North squad's offensive line got a whole lot bigger with the announcement of University of Idaho guard Mike Iupati accepting an invitation to play in the senior showcase event.

Iupati, who stands 6-foot-6 and weighs 325 pounds, earned consensus All-American honors this season after being named to the first team by The Associated Press, Walter Camp, American Football Coaches Association and the Football Writers Association of America.

An Outland Trophy finalist and first team All-WAC selection, Iupati helped the Vandals claim just the second bowl victory in program history -- a 43-42 win over Bowling Green in the Humanitarian Bowl.

He didn't allow a single sack all season and graded out at 90 percent or better in all 13 games.

Iupati Going to Mobile

Good news.

Can't wait to see how he fares against the others. I expect him to still do terrific.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Iupati Going to Mobile

Good news.

Can't wait to see how he fares against the others. I expect him to still do terrific.

question for you OTC or MD.

is 6'6" to tall to be an OG in the NFL, i think they go as tall as 6'4"
just curious being that guards go up againts those 6'1" 6'3" DT .
will leverage be a problem. ive also heard that he mite be tried at RT.

Zoltan Mesko!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dan LeFevour, Tony Pike and Sean Canfield will be the quarterbacks for the North team
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

Iupati Going to Mobile

Good news.

A guy like Leonard Davis or Bobbie Williams are 6-6 330+, and they both play guard.

It's about strength, technique, and agility for offensive linemen on a case by case basis. Some offensive linemen can make the transition to the NFL at OG, some can't.

Iupati is fundamentally sound in the three areas I listed. He'll be perfectly fine and perhaps a pro-bowl player at guard.

As far as making the transition to OT, that's a different story. Again, it's on a case by case basis. Branden Albert has done it, but I don't think it's a long term deal for the Chiefs. As far as Iupati goes, he has the potential to play RT, or LT for that matter, but he's seen most of his action at guard this year. The senior bowl will be a true test for him though.

It's more common for OTs to become OGs in the NFL. Leonard Davis started out at OT in the league before transitioning to RG.

Hope that provides some background information on it.

Iupati Going to Mobile

Good news.

Some of these young pups are so athletic these days that they can get under the pad level of the DT's they face. I don't see any reason why tall, solid, knee-bending interior linemen like Iupati and Pouncey will have any problem. The problem is with the tall, unbalanced, waist-benders.

I thought Kyle Calloway played his best game of the year for Iowa in the bowl game lined up as the RG, instead of the RT. And, he's a 6'7" player. Trent Williams held up playing center in the bowl game. So, it just depends on the athlete.

Our pops interior linemen were fat, lumbering guys. These new generation guys are good athletes.
Share 49ersWebzone