There are 214 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Senior Bowl 2010

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Anybody think Odrick will last to the 2nd?

If he does, I can't imagine him getting to our pick.

Who are your targets for the 2nd...? Im thinking Odrick, Murphy, R Jones, D Williams, N Allen, and K Wilson. Considering the bad luck we've had with OG's in the 2nd I would rather wait a round or two for another one.

As far as a guard, if we land Iupati or Asamoah in the 1st or 2nd, respectively, I'd think we may be looking at selecting USC OC/OG Byers in the 4th.

As for the 2nd, all of those players are possibilities other than Dan Williams. I would be shocked and dumbfounded if he fell out of the 1st round. He's been playing well non-stop all the way through the season and STILL is dominating against top competition. He's a 1st round lock in my mind.

Other guys I'm looking at in the second are Chad Jones, Burnett, Benn, Briscoe, Gilyard, or even perhaps Kindle (I wouldn't take Sergio in the 1st).

Would you consider Jerry in the 4th?

Yes I would. I would really like to have him. I have a feeling though that Scot would pass, even if he's available. And I can see a lot of Zoners being unhappy about that.

Who are your targets for the 2nd...? Im thinking Odrick, Murphy, R Jones, D Williams, N Allen, and K Wilson. Considering the bad luck we've had with OG's in the 2nd I would rather wait a round or two for another one.

As far as a guard, if we land Iupati or Asamoah in the 1st or 2nd, respectively, I'd think we may be looking at selecting USC OC/OG Byers in the 4th.

As for the 2nd, all of those players are possibilities other than Dan Williams. I would be shocked and dumbfounded if he fell out of the 1st round. He's been playing well non-stop all the way through the season and STILL is dominating against top competition. He's a 1st round lock in my mind.

Other guys I'm looking at in the second are Chad Jones, Burnett, Benn, Briscoe, Gilyard, or even perhaps Kindle (I wouldn't take Sergio in the 1st).

Yes I would. I would really like to have him. I have a feeling though that Scot would pass, even if he's available. And I can see a lot of Zoners being unhappy about that.

What would be the "thinking" of passing him in the 4th. I know Solari has a say on which guy he wants to get.

What would be the "thinking" of passing him in the 4th. I know Solari has a say on which guy he wants to get.

"Doesn't fit the system" or "He just wasn't as high on our board as 'so and so' " -- Solari may have input, but it really depends on who they see the most value in. I wouldn't be surprised if they picked someone like Petrus over Jerry.

Perhaps Jerry's versatility, having OG/OT experience will make Scot grade him higher, but he's the main guy preparing the board.

"Doesn't fit the system" or "He just wasn't as high on our board as 'so and so' " -- Solari may have input, but it really depends on who they see the most value in. I wouldn't be surprised if they picked someone like Petrus over Jerry.

Perhaps Jerry's versatility, having OG/OT experience will make Scot grade him higher, but he's the main guy preparing the board.

I was originally high on Petrus but he didn't impress me enough. Jerry looked better in my eyes!!

I was originally high on Petrus but he didn't impress me enough. Jerry looked better in my eyes!!

Well Petrus is a converted FB after all, so it's weighing upside vs. versatility, etc. among other factors. It's tough to say what they intend to do. I'm sure much of this will clear up after the actual game and then the combine.

For linemen, those strength and agility numbers are going to be very important.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 29, 2010 at 10:00 AM ]
Reminder to all, kickoff is at 4pm est today!!!

[ Edited by jreff22 on Jan 30, 2010 at 8:49 AM ]
Reminder to all, kickoff is at 3pm est today!!!

Is it 3 or 4?

I went to NFL.com and it says 4 est on NFLN.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninertico:
Reminder to all, kickoff is at 3pm est today!!!

Is it 3 or 4?

I went to NFL.com and it says 4 est on NFLN.

Pregame at 3, kickoff at 4.
Originally posted by strickac:
Hell yeah. I love the SB practices. I'm checking in from my phone, so I appreciate the updates. I've got the DVR set to record, so I'll check it out this evening.

Looking forward to seeing the RBs, particularly Dixon, McCluster, and even Blount (could be worth a late flyer). Also, the OTs and OLBs... Lang, Hughes, Schofield, Norwood and Graham.

I've been pimping Brandon Graham as the best OLB for a while now. I've even said that these practices would throw him into the top 15 picks, so I'm excited to see him against some of the nation's best OTs. Hopefully, he doesn't disappoint.

My boy, Graham, came through huge on a national stage. All this 2nd round talk is nonsense. He's the best pass rusher in the draft. Plus, he's NFL-ready. I we can land him at #16/17, we'd finally have a pass rushing threat for our defense. Graham and Brooks would make a nice pass rushing duo.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Hell yeah. I love the SB practices. I'm checking in from my phone, so I appreciate the updates. I've got the DVR set to record, so I'll check it out this evening.

Looking forward to seeing the RBs, particularly Dixon, McCluster, and even Blount (could be worth a late flyer). Also, the OTs and OLBs... Lang, Hughes, Schofield, Norwood and Graham.

I've been pimping Brandon Graham as the best OLB for a while now. I've even said that these practices would throw him into the top 15 picks, so I'm excited to see him against some of the nation's best OTs. Hopefully, he doesn't disappoint.

My boy, Graham, came through huge on a national stage. All this 2nd round talk is nonsense. He's the best pass rusher in the draft. Plus, he's NFL-ready. I we can land him at #16/17, we'd finally have a pass rushing threat for our defense. Graham and Brooks would make a nice pass rushing duo.

As a Michigan fan, I was going nuts for him all game....Kid played great....As much as we need offensive line and safety help, I'd love for us to grab CJ Spiller and Brandon Graham with our first two picks....As long as we nab one I'll be happy.

Share 49ersWebzone