There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OFFICIAL Senior Bowl 2010

Originally posted by DesiDez:
Media members give their 1st team Senior Bowl players based on their week of practicing: http://profootball.scout.com/2/941954.html

QB: Jarrett Brown, West Virginia
RB: LeGarrette Blount, Oregon
RB: Rashawn Jackson, Virginia
WR: Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss
WR: Jacoby Ford, Clemson
TE: Jimmy Graham, Miami
OT: Ciron Black, LSU
OT: John Jerry, Ole Miss
OG: Mike Iupati, Idaho
OG: Vladimir Ducasse, Massachusetts
C: J.D. Walton, Baylor
DE: Brandon Graham, Michigan
DE: Alex Carrington, Arkansas State
DT: Jared Odrick, Penn State
DT: Dan Williams, Tennessee
LB: Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri
LB: Daryl Washington, TCU
LB: Donald Butler, Washington
CB: Kyle Wilson, Boise State
CB: Patrick Robinson, Florida State
S: Taylor Mays, USC
S: Nate Allen, South Florida
KR/PR: Jacoby Ford, Clemson
K: Brett Swenson, Michigan State
P: Matt Dodge, East Carolina

Mays.........
Anybody think Odrick will last to the 2nd?
Because of the amount of hate for Taylor Mays and the almost gay love for Spiller.

I hope the Niners draft Mays with Spiller on the Board.

Our other first will still be a linemen in this scenario
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Because of the amount of hate for Taylor Mays and the almost gay love for Spiller.

That would be some funny sh*t. I'm sure one day i'd be able to even laugh about it. But it won't be on draft day. And I don't even want Spiller.

So, you would draft a liability at safety just to spite others who want Spiller? That
sounds like a real bright move to me.

On another note, Sam Young falling in the eyes of scouts is not that suprising to me.
In fact, I've been saying that he will not make a good OT in the pros all year. The
fact that he is 6-8 means he can't move to guard.
CNNSI's Tony Pauline thinks there is only one sure 1st rounder at the Senior Bowl:

DT/DE Jared Ordick

Quote:
NFL scouts and general managers were disappointed in the overall talent on this year's Senior Bowl roster. Just one player, Penn State's Jared Odrick, leaves the week as a certain first-round choice. This compares to last year when 11 veterans were selected in the opening round.

His list of risers and fallers from the Senior Bowl: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/27/senior.bowl.day.3/index.html

Odrick as the only first round choice? What a load of crap. Iupati and Sean Weatherspoon have looked like first round picks. Dan Williams has been very solid and consistent in practice and Brandon Graham has been unstoppable. A lot of players have been raising their stock all week.
Originally posted by jreff22:

If he does, I can't imagine him getting to our pick.
CNNSI's Tony Pauline thinks there is only one sure 1st rounder at the Senior Bowl:

DT/DE Jared Ordick

Quote:
NFL scouts and general managers were disappointed in the overall talent on this year's Senior Bowl roster. Just one player, Penn State's Jared Odrick, leaves the week as a certain first-round choice. This compares to last year when 11 veterans were selected in the opening round.

His list of risers and fallers from the Senior Bowl: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/27/senior.bowl.day.3/index.html

How about Dorin Dickerson/TE/Pittsburgh as the Niners' fullback?
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

So, you would draft a liability at safety just to spite others who want Spiller? That
sounds like a real bright move to me.

On another note, Sam Young falling in the eyes of scouts is not that suprising to me.
In fact, I've been saying that he will not make a good OT in the pros all year. The
fact that he is 6-8 means he can't move to guard.

Yes, also I like a good laugh, and the posts on that day would be hilarious
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jan 29, 2010 at 9:15 AM ]
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

DT/DE Jared Ordick

Quote:

How about Dorin Dickerson/TE/Pittsburgh as the Niners' fullback?

Dickerson is a Delanie-Walker type, though perhaps not as fast. He's been working at wide receiver and doesn't look too bad, actually. But again, he's likely going to be that kind of TE/WR/H-back hybrid guy.

... Which means we could be looking at him for his blocking ability ...

He figures to go somewhere between the 4th and the 6th depending on how he times, etc. in the combine.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Who are your targets for the 2nd...? Im thinking Odrick, Murphy, R Jones, D Williams, N Allen, and K Wilson. Considering the bad luck we've had with OG's in the 2nd I would rather wait a round or two for another one.

Who are your targets for the 2nd...? Im thinking Odrick, Murphy, R Jones, D Williams, N Allen, and K Wilson. Considering the bad luck we've had with OG's in the 2nd I would rather wait a round or two for another one.

As far as a guard, if we land Iupati or Asamoah in the 1st or 2nd, respectively, I'd think we may be looking at selecting USC OC/OG Byers in the 4th.

As for the 2nd, all of those players are possibilities other than Dan Williams. I would be shocked and dumbfounded if he fell out of the 1st round. He's been playing well non-stop all the way through the season and STILL is dominating against top competition. He's a 1st round lock in my mind.

Other guys I'm looking at in the second are Chad Jones, Burnett, Benn, Briscoe, Gilyard, or even perhaps Kindle (I wouldn't take Sergio in the 1st).

As far as a guard, if we land Iupati or Asamoah in the 1st or 2nd, respectively, I'd think we may be looking at selecting USC OC/OG Byers in the 4th.

As for the 2nd, all of those players are possibilities other than Dan Williams. I would be shocked and dumbfounded if he fell out of the 1st round. He's been playing well non-stop all the way through the season and STILL is dominating against top competition. He's a 1st round lock in my mind.

Other guys I'm looking at in the second are Chad Jones, Burnett, Benn, Briscoe, Gilyard, or even perhaps Kindle (I wouldn't take Sergio in the 1st).

Would you consider Jerry in the 4th?
Media members give their 1st team Senior Bowl players based on their week of practicing: http://profootball.scout.com/2/941954.html

QB: Jarrett Brown, West Virginia
RB: LeGarrette Blount, Oregon
RB: Rashawn Jackson, Virginia
WR: Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss
WR: Jacoby Ford, Clemson
TE: Jimmy Graham, Miami
OT: Ciron Black, LSU
OT: John Jerry, Ole Miss
OG: Mike Iupati, Idaho
OG: Vladimir Ducasse, Massachusetts
C: J.D. Walton, Baylor
DE: Brandon Graham, Michigan
DE: Alex Carrington, Arkansas State
DT: Jared Odrick, Penn State
DT: Dan Williams, Tennessee
LB: Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri
LB: Daryl Washington, TCU
LB: Donald Butler, Washington
CB: Kyle Wilson, Boise State
CB: Patrick Robinson, Florida State
S: Taylor Mays, USC
S: Nate Allen, South Florida
KR/PR: Jacoby Ford, Clemson
K: Brett Swenson, Michigan State
P: Matt Dodge, East Carolina

Mays.........

It is incredible to me that Mays, in spite of all of the feedback that he is not a good safety, is still put up this high and thought of as a quality player. Emotions must run deep for there is nothing that indicates a quality player, at all.

Would you consider Jerry in the 4th?

John Jerry is a monster. If we miss out on Iupati, I would want Jerry in the 3rd/4th round range.