LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Senior Bowl 2010

Why is Mays wearing #21?
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NinerFan1979:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Draftbreakdown tweeted that Tebow has strep throat as is out today. Sounds more like his struggles are making him realize that he'll struggle as an NFL QB.

Espn said he will continue and participate
at least that's how I understood it

Just watching Tebow practice now. He has the slowest release ever. Arm doesn't seem that great either as the ball is always wobbling. I sure hope we don't draft this guy.

Agree

Tebow is looking legit right now
Mays look lost in coverage drills

Patrick Rob looks pretty good

Both USF DB's looking pretty good also
"Idaho OL Mike Iupati -- There is not a weakness in Iupati's game when he's lined up at guard. His quick first step, lateral quickness, and long arms make him a dominant force inside, and he is a nasty finisher who is not satisfied until defenders are on their backs. And while he struggled a bit when moved to left tackle during practice, Iupati is stepping up against the higher level of competition and based on what we've seen we have no problem giving him a late-first round grade as a guard. In fact, he's the best guard prospect we've seen in the last two drafts."--ESPN Insider

Larry Allen Part Deux? But is he worth our second first if he is only slated as a guard?

That's the money question.

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NinerFan1979:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Draftbreakdown tweeted that Tebow has strep throat as is out today. Sounds more like his struggles are making him realize that he'll struggle as an NFL QB.

Espn said he will continue and participate
at least that's how I understood it

Just watching Tebow practice now. He has the slowest release ever. Arm doesn't seem that great either as the ball is always wobbling. I sure hope we don't draft this guy.

Agree

We won't.. At least I seriously doubt it.. Tebow has absolutely horrible mechanics.. I mean has anyone every seen him throw a tight spiral.

He will be a major ( 2 or 3 year) project for a highly skilled QB coach, to break him down and build him into a servicable NFL QB.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Dexter McCluster is stunning out there in WR drills. None of the CBs can cover him. Not Areneas, not Lindley, not Cox. He may end up going in the 1st round as a WR with great running skills.

I think him and Kyle Wilson have impressed the most so far.
Originally posted by smileyman:
Dexter McCluster is stunning out there in WR drills. None of the CBs can cover him. Not Areneas, not Lindley, not Cox. He may end up going in the 1st round as a WR with great running skills.

Agree with that for sure.

He will be drafted as a Mr everything
My biggest question of the day is

Did Mike Nolan go to Miami just to coach the senior bowl?
Originally posted by ninertico:
"Idaho OL Mike Iupati -- There is not a weakness in Iupati's game when he's lined up at guard. His quick first step, lateral quickness, and long arms make him a dominant force inside, and he is a nasty finisher who is not satisfied until defenders are on their backs. And while he struggled a bit when moved to left tackle during practice, Iupati is stepping up against the higher level of competition and based on what we've seen we have no problem giving him a late-first round grade as a guard. In fact, he's the best guard prospect we've seen in the last two drafts."--ESPN Insider

Larry Allen Part Deux? But is he worth our second first if he is only slated as a guard?

That's the money question.

going off Scott's previous comments I don't think he would draft a OG in teh 1st round. early 2nd yes but not the 1st.

Side note Are there any type of senior bowl podcats out there from some decent sites or reporters?

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
It never ceases to amaze me that someone can have a mediocre or average season, then do well in a bowl game and/or at the combine, and their "stock rises". Shouldn't an entire year's worth of play carry more weight? Reminds me of the guys who play well their contract year, but disappear thereafter. (Hoping Aubrayo doesn't pull that!)

You have to look at context. Sometimes, a player is in a scheme/system where he's not necessarily going to stand out on a game-by-game basis. Sometimes a guy is dealing with injuries and struggles to get healthy...it could be any number of things that keep that player from standing out and/or being productive.

The flip side is, some college football players put up huge numbers and are crazily productive on a consistent basis (see Graham Harrell, Colt Brennan, etc.), but that doesn't mean their game/skills translates well to the next level.

However, if a guy explodes or shines on a bigger stage (like a bowl game), or competes well along side other players that are considered the best of the best (Senior Bowl, combine, pro days, etc.) it shows you the "potential" of that player in comparison to others that are being evaluated.

Coming up big in bowl games or at the combine shouldn't be the only factor in player evaluation (and it isn't), but it does contribute pretty heavily.

True all that. I'm more concerned with a season's worth of play factoring in injuries, scheme, etc. I'd be real leery of an underperformer who suddenly excels at the combine or a bowl. What's the motivating factor and will he sustain that level of play AFTER he gets picked up and cashes that big bonus check or signs the big contract. I've always felt far too much weight was placed on combine numbers or one excellent game out of a season's worth. Now, if a player improves over the course of the season and peaks at the end, in a bowl game, that's a completely different story. Or even makes a jump at the combine, because there's a certain amount of physical maturing going on at their age. But a sudden metamorphosis? I'd be a bit suspicious and take that performance in context and with a big grain of salt.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:

• Shifty
  • Veteran

I would like to have McCluster on the team assuming we don't get Reggie Bush or draft CJ Spiller.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I would like to have McCluster on the team assuming we don't get Reggie Bush or draft CJ Spiller.

He looks very good out there in all facets of the game.
Share 49ersWebzone