LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 395 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Senior Bowl 2010

• smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by smileyman:
Gilyard doent look great, keep dropping passes.

And Kyle Wilson looks really good, Lock Down Type of CB

Thought the same thing. Wasn't impressed with Sy'quad Thompson either.

Ducasse looked really good at LT against Odrick. Asamoah looked good at guard.

was gonna say that about Asamoah, looks good against Odrick, and Ducasse looks good at OT.

Kiper had Ducasse listed at Guard on his big board but I think he might be able to make the move to LT. If he does he'll jump from the 2nd round to the 1st.
Hell yeah. I love the SB practices. I'm checking in from my phone, so I appreciate the updates. I've got the DVR set to record, so I'll check it out this evening.

Looking forward to seeing the RBs, particularly Dixon, McCluster, and even Blount (could be worth a late flyer). Also, the OTs and OLBs... Lang, Hughes, Schofield, Norwood and Graham.

I've been pimping Brandon Graham as the best OLB for a while now. I've even said that these practices would throw him into the top 15 picks, so I'm excited to see him against some of the nation's best OTs. Hopefully, he doesn't disappoint.
thats it, end of practice.

My top guys:

GOOD:

OG Jon Asamoah, Illinois
OT Vlad Duccasse, UMASS
CB Kyle Wilson, Boise State
CB Devin McCourty, Rutgers
DT Cam Thomas, North Carolina

BAD:

CB Syd'Quan Thompson, Cal
WR Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati
QB Sean Canfield, Oregon State
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

My top guys:

GOOD:

OG Jon Asamoah, Illinois
OT Vlad Duccasse, UMASS

BAD:

Have to agree. Canfield's passes looked weak coming out. Ducasse really impressed me at LT. Quick feet, good use of his hands. Wilson really impressed me as well. If he continues to shine this week he might move into the first round. Thompson looked flat out there. Didn't have quick hips, got beat on long routes. Gilyard was inconsistent in catching. Granted you're playing with an unfamiliar QB but the practice is only half-pads. You should be making the catches.
Great info!
Did they say why those players dropped out? Reasons?

Smart move by Williams, IMO. I think he'd get exposed in these practices, so I guess it's better to leave open the speculation that he might be able to play LT. Financially, there's a big difference between LT and his most likely home as a RT. He's probably just buying time and working on his technique. The bad thing about watching him at his Pro Day is that he'll be facing DEs that he's familiar with.
Is NFL network only showing the north practice? I'm getting tweets about the south practice and tebow is struggling but Taylor mays is laying the wood on some wrs
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Is NFL network only showing the north practice? I'm getting tweets about the south practice and tebow is struggling but Taylor mays is laying the wood on some wrs

yeah, they only showed the north.

Supposely they will show both tommorw, wed and thursday.
Did they show T. Cody? I expect that he'll dominate in the one-on-one matchups.

Alright, I'll stop asking questions and wait to watch it myself.

Thanks again to those that have been posting updates.
Originally posted by strickac:
Did they say why those players dropped out? Reasons?

Smart move by Williams, IMO. I think he'd get exposed in these practices, so I guess it's better to leave open the speculation that he might be able to play LT. Financially, there's a big difference between LT and his most likely home as a RT. He's probably just buying time and working on his technique. The bad thing about watching him at his Pro Day is that he'll be facing DEs that he's familiar with.

I think it's a horrible move IMO. There's already questions marks around him due to his poor play as a LT in the season. Now, he's going to have to prove even more during the combine, but scouts and GMs are always going to remember that he decided to drop out of the Senior Bowl where he could've showcased his skills against other top flight athletes.

My top guys:

GOOD:

OG Jon Asamoah, Illinois
OT Vlad Duccasse, UMASS

BAD:

Have to agree. Canfield's passes looked weak coming out. Ducasse really impressed me at LT. Quick feet, good use of his hands. Wilson really impressed me as well. If he continues to shine this week he might move into the first round. Thompson looked flat out there. Didn't have quick hips, got beat on long routes. Gilyard was inconsistent in catching. Granted you're playing with an unfamiliar QB but the practice is only half-pads. You should be making the catches.

I'll chalk it up to a slow start for Mardy. I'm sure he'll get it together. As for Thompson.. I expected that. Syd has not once impressed me in any action I've seen him in. Ever. He was rocked by Utah's receivers in the bowl game and just doesn't look like anything other than an extra defensive back in the NFL.
Here are some notes that I have been collecting:
*QB Sean Canfield, Oregon State- I have been concerned for some time with his arm strength, and did double-takes on reading some analysts say he has a strong arm. I just don't see it, and maybe the Senior Bowl is beginning to show this potential problem at the next level.

*Mike Iupati- I have been advocating for some time now using the 13th pick on this player. I understand it may be a reach, but I think he is special, and I'd hate to see another team reach at 14, 15, or 16 (if the Titans get that pick) to pick him. By the way, Iupati has the longest arms at the Senior Bowl: 35". Good sign.

* The corners- Kyle Wilson, Perrish Cox, Devin McCourty, Syd'Quan Thompson, Javier Arenas. Going into this week, I've been advocating a strong second round look at Kyle Wilson to take over the nickel and PR duties in 2009. He looked sharp today. He might be one of the fastest three or four players at the combine. Cox is also a terrific athlete. My only concern is off the field. Thompson is going to be exposed at the next level, unless he plays a Cover-2. I just do not think he has enough recovery speed. I like McCourty, but wonder if he can add PR to his outstanding skills in KR and special teams. Terrific athlete, and big time speed. And, I have been saying all along that Arenas is short, short, short. I believe he listed at 5'8". Yikes!!!

* Jon Asamoah- Love the athlete if the Niners bypass OG in the first round. I think he's an upgrade over Baas and Rachal. Big, strong, mobile. Might break 5.00 at the combine.

* Marty Gilyard- Another player I love in college, but not at the next level. I just don't see that extra gear to be a difference maker at WR. Just skeptical.

* Roger Saffold- I have no idea why he is not at the Senior Bowl. He was dominant at the East-West Shrine, and he is probably better than any OT on the Senior Bowl roster this week, now that Brown and Williams seem to be sitting this week out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final note: If anyone scores in this game, on offense, I will be shocked. In fact, there might be more scoring on defense than offense.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 25, 2010 at 2:41 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

My top guys:

GOOD:

OG Jon Asamoah, Illinois
OT Vlad Duccasse, UMASS

BAD:

I'll chalk it up to a slow start for Mardy. I'm sure he'll get it together. As for Thompson.. I expected that. Syd has not once impressed me in any action I've seen him in. Ever. He was rocked by Utah's receivers in the bowl game and just doesn't look like anything other than an extra defensive back in the NFL.

You have him on your board as a 3rd round talent. Wouldnt that be too high then for a guy that will only be an extra back?
Looks like O'Brien Schoefield, grabbed his knee, looked like he got hurt, hope he is ok, he is one guy i was hoping to see, besides Hughes, who dropped out.

Yeah I hope Schofield is okay. He only did a little bit but I've been really impressed by him after watching a few of his games, saw him a little bit in the shrine game, and now today(don't think he got to do too much today though before he got injured).

Guys I were impressed with:

Devin McCourty
Kyle Wilson
Jacoby Ford
Jared Oderick
Cam Thomas
Tyson Alualu
Brandon Graham
Jon Asamoah

edit: I actually wasn't that impressed by Iupati. I don't think he went up against guys this level of competition in college. But I only saw part of the thing so wahtever.
[ Edited by WillistheWall on Jan 25, 2010 at 2:55 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

* Jon Asamoah- Love the athlete if the Niners bypass OG in the first round. I think he's an upgrade over Baas and Rachal. Big, strong, mobile. Might break 5.00 at the combine.

Do you think the Niners could place Asamoah (R2, #49) on the starting line from day one? I know you advocate two OL in R1, but isn't the only way to replace either Baas (R2, #33) or Rachal (R2, #39) is with a first rounder?
Share 49ersWebzone