LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Niners to trade up?

• PlayAction
  • Info N/A
49ers trading up to No. 3?
3:12
PM ETSan Francisco 49ers Top Email

Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat has done the math, and he thinks the Niners have enough ammunition with those two first-rounders to trade all the way up to No. 3 overall. Alternatively, they could package their second round pick as well to get up to No. 2 overall and have a shot at Ndamukong Suh.

Maiocco's verdict? Not likely to happen. With a massive contract required for an untested rookie at those top picks, the smart move is for the team to fill multiple holes with the two picks ... and hope that they don't hold out as long as Michael Crabtree did this past season.

ps. I hope not!!

but if the do? dont shoot me i'm only the messanger
Good to know, but don't wanna see it happen.
Spiller and Williams for me..:)
Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's gonna happen.
Not going to happen. Much more likely to trade up a handful of spots than ten spots. I think the Niners are more inclined to trade down with one of their first rounders than trade up.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Good to know, but don't wanna see it happen.

• Ether
  • Veteran
It'd take the #1 pick, but I would trade up just to prevent the Rams from nabbing him and having to play Suh twice a year with Baas and Heitmann in the middle of our line.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Not going to happen. Much more likely to trade up a handful of spots than ten spots. I think the Niners are more inclined to trade down with one of their first rounders than trade up.

Yeah I'd rather we trade down and pick up an extra pick or 2.
i can really careless if the rams draft suh. i expect our oline to get better and i think some are making it sound like suh is the 2nd coming of jesus. how many dominating dlinemen have been dominating cf only to be busts in the nfl. plus our d will get better and own the rams sorry offense every series like this past sunday. even if suh becomes really good our offense will be twice as better and still beat down the rams twice a yr. not worried 1 bit
Share 49ersWebzone