There are 143 users in the forums

With our 2 first round picks..

• Silky
  • Veteran
We have the fire-power to move up in the draft. Everybody here probably wants us to use both of them. That would probably be the better decision. I bet if Sing wants somebody really bad i.e an offensive lineman or a safety, he would do it.
[ Edited by ApatheticIAm on Jan 4, 2010 at 2:43 PM ]
would anyone trade our two 1st to get berry? is he that good?
i wouldnt trade up. I'd trade down in the 1st and try to get another 2nd for a total of 4 picks in the first two rounds.
Originally posted by awol36:

He is that good if you need a FS, we could do this if we were able to get a really good O lineman via free agency. Of course no one thought we'd be getting Crabtree this past draft either.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by awol36:

He is that good if you need a FS, we could do this if we were able to get a really good O lineman via free agency. Of course no one thought we'd be getting Crabtree this past draft either.

This. Of course, I dont think he has a sprained foot or whatever, but him running a 5.02 in the 40 yard dash would immensely help our chances of picking him in the draft.
Glad to see that Carolina (49ers) won the coin flip and picked up the 16th rather than 17th pick. History tells us that there is a substantial drop off from 16 to 17. By way of example, I cite the 1985 draft:

16. San Francisco selects WR from Mississippi Valley State, Jerry Rice. NFL Production: 21 seasons, 1,549 receptions for 22,895 yards, 87 rushes for 645 yards, 207 touchdowns.

17. Dallas Cowboys select DE from Michigan, Kevin Brooks. NFL Production: 6 seasons, 15.5 sacks.

Any slim chance the niner draft the beast Suh?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sixbricks:

Yeah, about the same chance as me finding Marissa Miller waiting in my bed tonight instead of my wife..

• Chico
  • Veteran
O-line, O-line, O-line!!!

Originally posted by BSofSF:
Glad to see that Carolina (49ers) won the coin flip and picked up the 16th rather than 17th pick. History tells us that there is a substantial drop off from 16 to 17. By way of example, I cite the 1985 draft:

16. San Francisco selects WR from Mississippi Valley State, Jerry Rice. NFL Production: 21 seasons, 1,549 receptions for 22,895 yards, 87 rushes for 645 yards, 207 touchdowns.

17. Dallas Cowboys select DE from Michigan, Kevin Brooks. NFL Production: 6 seasons, 15.5 sacks.

Where did u get info that the coin flip already occurred? I thought that won't happn til after the season.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 4, 2010 at 9:47 PM ]

First of all as someone said...where did you get your info from? I'm pretty sure the coin flip happens at the combine.

Second...didn't the niners trade for that pick?
Originally posted by genus49:

First of all as someone said...where did you get your info from? I'm pretty sure the coin flip happens at the combine.

Second...didn't the niners trade for that pick?

i dunno when coin flip happens but ya they traded ahead of cowboys for jerry rice
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Yeah, about the same chance as me finding Marissa Miller waiting in my bed tonight instead of my wife..

LMAO.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

LMAO.

sounds about right
Share 49ersWebzone